Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Javier Baez - SS CHC

can't believe this guy plays SS. I'm in love.

Not for much longer. He's a horrible fielder. He has 31 errors this year.

Javier will be an undisputed top 10 prospect next year.... Probably even top 5.

After hitting a homerun in his first AA at-bat, Javier Baez went through a 1 for 20ish slump. Well, that didn't last long -- he's now hit a homer in three consecutive games.

edit: missed a game. 3 in his last 4.

Ye, power stuck with him to AA, average has yet to join him yet, and the Ks have been bad in the few games I've watched. him and Alcantara are a monster hitting back to back.

Not sure if it was in this thread (too lazy to go back and read it all) or elsewhere but from what I gather, his first basemen is pretty inept fielder himself & has cost Baez more than a few of those errors due to stone glove syndrome.

I'm biased though cuz I have Javier in a dynasty league and very much want him to stick at SS so take this FWIW.

Not sure if it was in this thread (too lazy to go back and read it all) or elsewhere but from what I gather, his first basemen is pretty inept fielder himself & has cost Baez more than a few of those errors due to stone glove syndrome.

I'm biased though cuz I have Javier in a dynasty league and very much want him to stick at SS so take this FWIW.

I saw him play last year in person a few times, and he made the plays at short. I remember he made one terrific play that showed off his range and his arm. One thing that Baez has going for him is Starlin Castro is not a very good shortstop. There has been talk of moving him ever since he's been called up. His mental lapses in the field are already legendary.

I saw him play last year in person a few times, and he made the plays at short. I remember he made one terrific play that showed off his range and his arm. One thing that Baez has going for him is Starlin Castro is not a very good shortstop. There has been talk of moving him ever since he's been called up. His mental lapses in the field are already legendary.

Yeah I think Baez eventually pushes Castro to 3B. Not that Baez is a gold glove SS or anything, he is just looking very solid and Castro has gotten better there.

Dont forgot about Kris Bryant also being able to play 3B. Cubs have a lot of infielders to play with

Yeah I think Baez eventually pushes Castro to 3B. Not that Baez is a gold glove SS or anything, he is just looking very solid and Castro has gotten better there.

I could see Castro being traded very easily if EpHoyer can get a front line young starting pitcher back

I could see Castro being traded very easily if EpHoyer can get a front line young starting pitcher back

With Alcantara and Baez in the mix, I could definitely see Castro getting traded. However, I don't think Castro commands that kind of value anymore. He's going to have to have a monster 2nd half and a great 1st half next year to get that kind of return.

I don't think Castro commands that kind of value anymore. He's going to have to have a monster 2nd half and a great 1st half next year to get that kind of return.

yup, but i think Castro is capable of that..And if he does rake in the 2nd half, He will be gone in the off season for sure.. I just feel like Jed and Theo dont view him as "their" type of player.

I agree with you. Jed and Theo didn't draft him and obviously aren't fans of hackers, which is exactly what Castro is.

yup, i dont think they like his attitude either.

Don't forget the cubs just signed that Cuban SS (16 years old), but the kid is supposed to be a stud... Wouldn't surprise me if either Baez or Castro are part of a deal to bring David Price to Chicago this offseason...

Don't forget the cubs just signed that Cuban SS (16 years old), but the kid is supposed to be a stud... Wouldn't surprise me if either Baez or Castro are part of a deal to bring David Price to Chicago this offseason...

Is David Price a random name to everyone or just me?

I have zero interest in giving up Starlin Castro just for the rights to pay David Price 20M a year.

Two more tonight!

This guy does nothing but hit homers. Literally. He's batting .232 in AA and maybe a sliver of it is due to singles.

Two more tonight!

This guy does nothing but hit homers. Literally. He's batting .232 in AA and maybe a sliver of it is due to singles.

I think the average will go up when he gets more ABs at AA, but his power at AA in such a short time is incredible.

He almost had a 3rd HR tonight in his last AB. Flew out deep to the warning track in the 9th.

25HR on the year now and he still has a chance to stick at SS. He could be an absolute fantasy monster.

Ho hum just another Javy bomb. 9HR in 20 games at AA.

10HR in your first 20 games at AA is pretty good right? Stud.