Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Javier Baez - SS CHC

Picked him up just in time to qualify as a keeper in my league. I guess Sept will be his try out.

I hope he can get regular playing time.

Hope they have his travel arrangements to meet the team in the works already...I haven't seen anything in the way of a formal announcement of his call-up and I'd like to start him at 2B this week.

I can't imagine he'd travel with the AAA team to Oklahoma City for their road series starting there tomorrow if they plan on having him join the big league club that's about to start a 6 game home stand tomorrow with a day off on Thursday.

So what's the best case in terms of immediate PT? He gets there Tuesday to play in Tuesday night game...may or may not play in the day game on Wednesday...CHC off Thursday...then Friday-Sunday, he plays 3 of the 4 weekend games so total of 4 games (give or take) or so for the week for we weekly lineup owners?

i could see him putting up dozier type numbers, as soon as next year.

dozier 2015

.245/26 hr/48 rbi/10 sb

Hopefully this will be of the last posts in his MILB thread.

Today Baez went 4/5 with 2 runs, an rbi, and 0 K's.

dozier 2015

.245/26 hr/48 rbi/10 sb

Seems like a reasonable comp

dozier 2015

.245/26 hr/48 rbi/10 sb

Dozier never had more than 9 HRs in a season in the minors. Baez had 37, as a 20 year old. I'll let you do the math and figure out the potential IF Baez has figured it out.

Remember we talk about prospects with low floors and high floors. Baez has a lower floor than most of the young Cubs in the majors. But also make no mistake... only Baez has unicorn potential. If he figures it out. He will be the best young Cub and that's saying a lot.

Remember we talk about prospects with low floors and high floors. Baez has a lower floor than most of the young Cubs in the majors. But also make no mistake... only Baez has unicorn potential. If he figures it out. He will be the best young Cub and that's saying a lot.

Bold quote... But he certainly has that type of potential. Fantasy wise especially.

Josh Hamilton and Danny Espinoza are better ceiling/floor comp's. Personally I think he's closer to Espinoza at this point but we shall see how it goes.

dozier 2015

.245/26 hr/48 rbi/10 sb

Dozier never had more than 9 HRs in a season in the minors. Baez had 37, as a 20 year old. I'll let you do the math and figure out the potential IF Baez has figured it out.

I think he's trying to keep his projection / comp within reason. There's always the if, but I think those numbers are more than within reach for Baez next year.

Cubs trading for Austin Jackson doesn't sound good for Baez. Moves Coghlan out of the OF, giving them Russel at SS and Coghlan/Castro at 2B.

Ohh also Starlin Castro had 3 errors yesterday ..... 2 in one inning. Baez should have a good shot of taking his spot now.