Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

Aaron Hernandez 2012 Season Outlook

714 posts in this topic

Another interesting receiver coming out of NE. Gronk was obviously the more valuable player for fantasy purposes and for NE purposes last year but Hernandez is the more athletic player. He has better hands, runs better routes, and is essentially more talented.

Talking to some people including "experts" they think Hernandez will have a big year this year as more teams game plan to stop Gronk. If this actually happens it could open up a lot of the field for Hernandez who isn't afraid to line up wide.

The addition of Brandon Lloyd could hurt his production as now the Pats have a deep threat for Brady to target.

What do you think Hernandez will bring to the table this year?

I'm a little worried because they have way too many options on their offense but he came on very strong in the second half last year and was pretty much an every week play. I wouldn't mind having him as my starting TE if the price is right. Lloyd will steal some catches though, and who knows who's making the roster out of Ochocinco, Gaffney, Gonzalez, Branch, Edelman, etc. WAY too many WR's on one team.

considering their draft positions, i like him better than gronk this year

i think lloyd hurts welker/gronk more ... hernandez is still gonna be lined up all over the place at slot/wr/te/rb

he's the most versatile player the patriots have ... belichik will find ways to get him the ball

considering their draft positions, i like him better than gronk this year

i think lloyd hurts welker/gronk more ... hernandez is still gonna be lined up all over the place at slot/wr/te/rb

he's the most versatile player the patriots have ... belichik will find ways to get him the ball

I do as well. Gronk has a early 2nd and Hernandez has an early 6th right now. Gronk's td numbers have to come down at some point especially with Lloyd around.

Underrated going into this year because of his injuries. Keep it hush hush on him.

he was quietly a top 5 TE this year, despite the injuries

gronk is the better option, but much more expensive and i think the 2 will be a lot closer at the end of the year than ppl think

i expect around 900 yards, 8-10 total TDs

He'll be money in PPR leagues. Gronk is still the big play man and a huge redzone target. Lloyd should flourish outside the numbers leaving Hernandez and Welker to man the middle.

He'll be money in PPR leagues. Gronk is still the big play man and a huge redzone target. Lloyd should flourish outside the numbers leaving Hernandez and Welker to man the middle.

Couldn't agree more, the addition of Lloyd should help free up the middle of the field even more.

Is he going to be used as a RB and get carries this year too? I love players who get points in multiple ways...

Is he going to be used as a RB and get carries this year too? I love players who get points in multiple ways...

I don't see why he wouldn't get a few. 5 carries last year. He is their most versatile offensive player and will be lined up all over the field. Without BJGE maybe he will get a few more. Love seeing an extra point or two for other plays.

Hernandez is money. Last year he went undrafted in my league. I had drafted The Gronk late in the draft. After some soul searching I had decided to drop Gronk for Hernandez before the season started. It was a bad move on my part when Hernandez got hurt and Gronk soared into the stratosphere but it was necessary in my league not to hold onto the extra TE because benches were so deep. That won't be a problem this year. Smaller Benches, shift from 10 to 12 teams, and an Auction style draft will mean someone will pay a buttload for the Gronk and I will get Hernandez on the cheap.

Stayed after practice on Thursday taking handoffs from Brady. This is awesome haha should be a fun season for Hernandez.

got him cheap last year and knew he would produce....price tag too much for this year for how I want to draft. however all the tight ends after him (I have him 3rd) are questionable as to how much they will do.

I got him real cheap last year... I see he's going 4th round in some drafts now. Is there really that much hype around this guy now? I also thought the TE pool might be a lil deep but I could be wrong.

79 catches, 910 yards, 7 TDs while missing two games and played with the guy who had the greatest season by a TE in NFL History. Yup sign me up. Hernandez the most versatile player on the Patriots offense. Can't wait when he gets lined up in the backfield with Brady and the trickery happens.

I got him real cheap last year... I see he's going 4th round in some drafts now. Is there really that much hype around this guy now? I also thought the TE pool might be a lil deep but I could be wrong.

That's the steepest I've heard so far--unless it's a 14+ teamer, but he ain't so cheap no mo...that's for sure.

This guy is going to be used in every way possible. One thing we know about Belichek is that he does anything in his power to utilize his players abilities. This guy is a essentially a freak WR playing at TE who can even legitimately carry the ball. I can only imagine the insane crap they already have drawn up for this kid. I think he has a chance at having a year on par if not better than Gronk. Double teams on Welker and Gronk will enable this guy to rape defenses. After the first obvious 2 picks at TE this guy is head and shoulders a better pick then the remaining field at the position.

Tom Brady doesnt have a target he just has everyone run in a line and tosses the ball up. Good luck.

I'd draft Gates over him in a heartbeat

I would too. Could see Hernandez having a really good year, like 70 catches for 900 yards, but not a lot of TDs

I'd draft Gates over him in a heartbeat

Gates has spent time on the shelf consistently the past few year with major foot issues. I don't see those issues disappearing any time soon. I wouldn't take him for that reason. He will probably be breaking down just in time for the playoffs again. Gates ADP is higher, his offense is far inferior, he's a large injury risk and he's no spring chicken anymore. He also underperformed a still green underutilized Hernandez last year so draft him at your own risk.

1 person likes this

I love Gates this year and would take him over A-Hern but I don't trust Rivers and that awful WR core. I think SD is going to have a rough year fantasy-wise.

I just finished a draft where I had the choice between either Gates or Hernandez. Took Hernandez due to upside and probably because on my other money league team, I have Gates. Teams in the sig below.