Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calzonesays

Byron Buxton - OF MIN

As an owner I'm more than ok if they leave him until the ASB and let him really light it up and gain lots of confidence before he's back in the bigs.

I agree. Call him up once the 2nd half begins. Let him keep raking down in the minors for a bit

This dude is just flat out raking. Another good night at the dish

Byron Buxton with a double and now a LONG home run for the Red Wings.

Kevin Oklobzija‏ @kevinoDandC

The @OfficialBuck103 is officially heating up. A 438-foot shot to center. Follows 1st-inning 2B off wall. Has homers in back-to-back games.

The @OfficialBuck103 is officially heating up. A 438-foot shot to center. Follows 1st-inning 2B off wall. Has homers in back-to-back games.

Aaron Gleeman Retweeted Aaron Gleeman

Update: Byron Buxton went 3-for-4 with a homer, a double, and a walk tonight.

Aaron Gleeman added,

Aaron Gleeman @AaronGleeman
Byron Buxton homered again yesterday. He's now hitting .347/.400/.533 in 36 career games at Triple-A, including .358/.419/.597 this month.

Aaron Gleeman Retweeted Aaron Gleeman

Update: Byron Buxton went 3-for-4 with a homer, a double, and a walk tonight.

Aaron Gleeman added,

Aaron Gleeman @AaronGleeman
Byron Buxton homered again yesterday. He's now hitting .347/.400/.533 in 36 career games at Triple-A, including .358/.419/.597 this month.

giphy.gif

The light may have finally lit on this guy. I would still like to see a couple more weeks in the minors before they call him up thou. Just to be super safe . I'm happy to see the pwr.

When is he realistically called back up? I mean, super-two is a non-factor here, correct?

I would imagine the Twins want him to get some mileage under him at Rochester for a month or two before they consider calling him back up. They were roundly criticized for how they handled Buxton the past year and a half. They don't want to exacerbate that same mistake.

I would imagine the Twins want him to get some mileage under him at Rochester for a month or two before they consider calling him back up. They were roundly criticized for how they handled Buxton the past year and a half. They don't want to exacerbate that same mistake.

Honestly think he's hitting so well that June 2nd is looking very likely.

Buxton removed from his game early...

Interesting ....

He needs to stay in AAA the ROS. Get some AFL playing time and offseason support to focus on his weaknesses so he can play to his ability next year. The talent is obviously still there.

5 hours ago, cltubbs said:

He needs to stay in AAA the ROS. Get some AFL playing time and offseason support to focus on his weaknesses so he can play to his ability next year. The talent is obviously still there.

Agreed. I was kind of annoyed when the Twins called him up for his last stint. Just let him play in AAA.

has homered in 4 straight games. Maybe, just maybe........someday.......

11 minutes ago, scoh123 said:

has homered in 4 straight games. Maybe, just maybe........someday.......

This season has been depressing as a Twins fan. Buxton and Berrios struggling in the Bigs and also Sano not quite living up to expectations. Polanco and Kepler have both been solid though so that helps a bit. 

Buxton has too much talent, not to succeed. I still have plenty of hope. 

On August 27, 2016 at 10:40 PM, BuxtonGOAT said:

Still striking out quite a bit unfortunately.

He needs to work on his approach at the plate in terms of being more selective. Would like to see him learn to draw walks.