Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

Movie Thread

What are some great action movies on Netflix right now?

The Man From Nowhere is awesome.

Warrior is good like the above poster said.

Anyone see the movie Teddy Bear (bodybuilder movie but its much more than that) makes me sad man

That movie was chinese, I couldnt understand a word their saying. LOL

It's actually South Korean. That's like saying you're living in Haiti.....

Plus it's subtitled...

I had some free Redbox codes and watched Movie 43 and Burt Wonderstone, I would not recommend them to anyone. Ever.

Plus it's subtitled...

Maybe reading wasn't my favorite thing to do in school but, I really do not wanna read subtitles while I am watching a movie, especially an action movie, this is why its called a movie. If I wanted to read I could read a book or newspaper. But that's just me.

P.S.

Wonder If they would somehow translate the whole movie into english, theres some asian movies that are translated into English, kinda sounds off but its way better than reading while your watching the movie.

Maybe reading wasn't my favorite thing to do in school but, I really do not wanna read subtitles while I am watching a movie, especially an action movie, this is why its called a movie. If I wanted to read I could read a book or newspaper. But that's just me.

P.S.

Wonder If they would somehow translate the whole movie into english, theres some asian movies that are translated into English, kinda sounds off but its way better than reading while your watching the movie.

You're missing out on a lot of great movies, but to each his own.

I had some free Redbox codes and watched Movie 43 and Burt Wonderstone, I would not recommend them to anyone. Ever.

I know they were probably free, but i would have just waited if those were the two choices.

I know they were probably free, but i would have just waited if those were the two choices.

They were just one day codes so I couldn't wait.

"R.I.P.D." is the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Judging by the previews, I guessed it would be like a Men In Black kind of movie...it wasn't.

"R.I.P.D." is the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Judging by the previews, I guessed it would be like a Men In Black kind of movie...it wasn't.

Shocking....Not sure what The Dude was thinking.....

Anyone seen Pacific Rim? If so, is it a must in 3-D?

yess!!! pacific rim is a spectacular visual film and you need 3d

Im so going to watch that this weekend! In 3D!

I don't mean to sound like a movie snob, but a movie that needs to be seen in 3D probably isn't a very good movie. You should be able to watch it in black and white on a 12 inch screen and still think it's a great movie. Just my opinion.

He was probably thinking, "My summer home needs a new roof..."

Being this is a sports forum (and I think this was covered awhile ago but may need a refresh), what are y'all's top 5 favorite sports movies? I'm trying to up my movies collection with more sports films. The trailers and teasers for "42" looked amazing and I wonder if it makes anyone's top sports movies.

Watching the previews for that made me sad. Not only did it sully The Dude but it looked like a crappy transference of his Rooster Cogburn character from True Grit, which he played extremely well, to some absolute tripe of a film. All monies green though and Im sure he got plenty.

just letting you know if you want to see the greatest movie ever. elysium is kick a**

I think Elysium is fantastic for what it's meant to be: a look at the "badass" side of science. It isn't as cerebral as Blade Runner. It isn't as abstract as 2001. It isn't as weird as Event Horizon. It is little more (IMO) than Bloomkamp indulging his inner fanboy, attempting to create a true sci-fi-action popcorn flick that isn't a B-film.

Although the dialogue was lacking at best, there were several logical inconsistencies, and several characters were stilted, it was still a phenomenal visual spectacle, and that's really all that matters for this type of movie. Am I disappointed it isn't as great as it could have been? Absolutely. The potential was tantalizing, but what it delivered was good enough. I also did enjoy the overarching message: Hope in the human race to persevere.

Overall: 8/10. No, it probably won't be preserved by the NFR. Still quite the ride.

P.S. Go see it in IMAX! Very worth it.

P.P.S. Fair warning: If you've seen District 9, you might think it treads too much familiar ground.

P.P.S. Neil Blomkamp would be the perfect person to direct the upcoming Metal Gear Solid.

Thanks. I checked this out the other night. If you go in with the proper expectations, it's pretty fun. The dialogue is awful, the acting even worse although Elba tries to save it, and the story doesn't even make any sense. But if you just want to see Transformers vs Godzilla or really a sort of re-imagining of Voltron, then visually it's amazing. The Hong Kong scene was incredible, much better than the ending scene IMO. Big, brash popcorn ridiculousness....Caught it in IMAX. 3-D.

Off to The Wolverine tonight!!!!

Let us know how it is. My buddy can get me in for free to see it (or Meet the Millers), but I'm not sure if it's really worth the time...

Let us know how it is. My buddy can get me in for free to see it (or Meet the Millers), but I'm not sure if it's really worth the time...

Well, if you want to look on the bright side, it wasn't as bad as X-Men 3....but not as good as the pinnacle, either. I really think they have to stop doing solo X-Men movies, just not enough punch in what is really an ensemble cast. But, the $$ machine speaks, and Hollywood listens. The past scenes were interesting, but the storyline was very standard fare, and very by-the-book. Mostly, the villains weren't that threatening, so really we get treated to Wolvy exploring his raison d'etre - and not really leading anywhere character development-wise. On the upside, it was miles ahead of Pacific Rim (visual eye candy, yes, otherwise very meh) or RIPD (just LOL & move on). Star Trek Into Darkness & The Conjuring really do look like the class of a weak summer (I still can't talk about Man of Steel's last hour, it's too soon :blink:).

However, make sure not to leave once the credits roll. Without spoiling...it's worth it (and you can pretty much guess why, if you've done any reading of upcoming movies)....

Well, if you want to look on the bright side, it wasn't as bad as X-Men 3....but not as good as the pinnacle, either. I really think they have to stop doing solo X-Men movies, just not enough punch in what is really an ensemble cast. But, the $$ machine speaks, and Hollywood listens. The past scenes were interesting, but the storyline was very standard fare, and very by-the-book. Mostly, the villains weren't that threatening, so really we get treated to Wolvy exploring his raison d'etre - and not really leading anywhere character development-wise. On the upside, it was miles ahead of Pacific Rim (visual eye candy, yes, otherwise very meh) or RIPD (just LOL & move on). Star Trek Into Darkness & The Conjuring really do look like the class of a weak summer (I still can't talk about Man of Steel's last hour, it's too soon :blink:).

However, make sure not to leave once the credits roll. Without spoiling...it's worth it (and you can pretty much guess why, if you've done any reading of upcoming movies)....

Thanks, RRF. Looks like I'll wait until it's out of theaters.

I thought Into Darkness was alright, but it fell far short of the original. Cumberbatch made for a good villain, but was there any significance to the plot? Truly a spawn of the Hollywood $$ machine.

The Conjuring was fun, and I do like James Wan as an emerging talent (Ti West is also good—check out House of the Devil if you like 60s/70s horror, by the way of Hitchcock and Polanski), but my issue is there are so few smart horror movies nowadays; TC isn't an exception. I love Cabin in the Woods for that exact reason, though.

Man of Steel was pretty mediocre, but it worked well as a nonstop adrenaline rush. Nothing to write home about it, but the last hour of generic edgy superhero stuff (a pitfall, IMO) was well choreographed.

I've heard great things about The Way, Way Back—anyone seen it? The Butler could also end up being good. Can't go wrong with Robin Williams and Alan Rickman and Forest Whittaker. Also, Kick-a** 2 should deliver for fans of the original (I loved it).