Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2012 Rotoworld Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft

And now I've completed the second portion of my trade strategy, which was upgrading my RB2 to an extremely high upside RB1.

Behold, our league's 2nd completed trade of the season:

Robrain Trades:

RB: DeMarco Murray

RB: Felix Jones

TE: Antonio Gates

DEF: PIT

JMak Trades:

RB: Darren McFadden

RB: Mike Goodson

TE: Jared Cook

DEF: SF

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Robrain's Roster Before The Trade:

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB1: Jahvid Best

RB2: DeMarco Murray

WR1: Calvin Johnson

WR2: Randy Moss

FLEX: Coby Fleener

K: Seabastian Janikowski

DEF: DET

------

BENCH:

RB: Kevin Smith

WR: Jonathan Baldwin

WR: Ramses Barden

=EMPTY SPOT=

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robrain's Roster After The Trade:

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB1: Jahvid Best

RB2: Darren McFadden

WR1: Calvin Johnson

WR2: Randy Moss

TE: Coby Fleener

FLEX: Jonathan Baldwin

K: Seabastian Janikowski

------

BENCH:

RB: Kevin Smith

WR: Ramses Barden

=EMPTY SPOT=

====================================================================

JMak's Roster Before The Trade:

QB: Eli Manning

RB1: Darren McFadden

RB2: Ahmad Bradshaw

WR1: Larry Fitzgerald

WR2: Greg Jennings

TE: Jacob Tamme

FLEX: Vincent Jackson

K: Robbie Gould

------

BENCH:

RB: Donald Brown

WR: Vincent Brown

WR: Austin Collie

QB: Matt Schaub

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JMak's Roster After The Trade:

QB: Eli Manning

RB1: DeMarco Murray

RB2: Ahmad Bradshaw

WR1: Larry Fitzgerald

WR2: Greg Jennings

FLEX: Vincent Jackson

K: Robbie Gould

DEF: PIT

------

BENCH:

RB: Donald Brown

WR: Vincent Brown

WR: Austin Collie

TE: Jacob Tamme

QB: Matt Schaub

Some interesting activity there, Robrain. At a glance all of those moves appear to help both teams involved, with big question marks on both sides, as usual.

I just assured myself of a little more security, and a little more of a headache by dropping my kicker and grabbing Evan Royster to see what develops in the Redskins backfield, aka Shanny's Trannies.

If Hightower comes back full strength I'll probably drop Royster but it's anything but a clear picture now, and he may see more action behind Helu than Hightower in any case.

Some interesting activity there, Robrain. At a glance all of those moves appear to help both teams involved, with big question marks on both sides, as usual.

I just assured myself of a little more security, and a little more of a headache by dropping my kicker and grabbing Evan Royster to see what develops in the Redskins backfield, aka Shanny's Trannies.

If Hightower comes back full strength I'll probably drop Royster but it's anything but a clear picture now, and he may see more action behind Helu than Hightower in any case.

I considered putting in a Waiver claim for Royster, but didn't feel that taking a risk on a backup Shanahan RB was worth dipping my Waiver Priority even a little bit (would have been from 11 to 12 for me, though come to think, I wouldn't have beat Proteus so irrelevant).

I decided to wait until Waivers cleared and pick up Shane Vereen instead to fill the empty spot on my bench. Last season they had no offseason and then he suffered a minor injury which kept him out of most of the offseason stuff they were able to do. That clearly held him back from his development, and chances to get on the field. After watching a lot of his highlights, I've concluded that he'll probably absorb a large portion of the Danny Woodhead role this season, especially if Woodhead gets banged up.

Danny's already 27 and 195 lbs, so I don't think he's got much longer left in the Patriots backfield - this is the final year of his contract. Sure, there's the chance that they bring him back next year as depth, but I feel they're never going to come anywhere close to featuring this scrappy gadget-ish player in either the running or receiving area of their offense. A guy like Vereen makes a LOT more sense, especially since Brady (an Elite QB) shockingly doesn't have his own Darren Sproles-type of pass-catching RB yet. I almost certainly expect Vereen to take on that role and breakout.

Just look at Vereen's highlights and you'll understand what I'm talking about. There's one word to describe his game, and it's "slippery". He gets through holes and from the top down camera view, you wonder just how the hell he got through the line.

Also uh, question. Is it possible / are we allowed to trade Waiver priority? Like, is that something the Commish can manually change?

Haha, also just noticed that you're the Helu owner. That makes twice as much sense now. There's clearly upside with those players and that team's backfield, I'm personally just trying to avoid that particular headache in my leagues this season (played that game the last two).

Realized Rashad Jennings hadn't been drafted, and with MJD's holdout talk that was a no-brainer. Dropped Ramses Barden.

Also, to log down other roster moves:

Motorcity Monsters (Finally Detroit Wins - replaced Maligator):

+Added Chad Ochocinco

-Dropped Pierre Thomas

If I have picked up an available WR, it was likely going to be a flier on Ochocinco just because that Miami offense is so ridiculously thin at wideout. It wouldn't surprise me at all for Ochocinco to be on the first team at the start of training camp, especially with the Dolphins being featured on Hard Knocks this season. Ochocinco won't even need his own show, he's got one coming to town.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Detroit Diesels (JMak) previously:

+Added Bernard Scott

-Dropped Robbie Gould (K)

99% sure yahoo commishes can alter waiver priority, thus making it viable for trading. And don't despair missing out on Ochocinco. TO is still available.

Make jokes all you want...I think he still has a lot left in the tank. His football IQ was a problem for the football geniuses in New England, but I see him thriving in Miami.

Not knowing a playbook and not being able to play are two completely different things. He should be out to prove people wrong and Miami is his hometown...If i'm wrong, oh well, I only lost Pierre Thomas.

I just posted a message in the Yahoo! forum, I'll copy it over here to make sure everyone has seen it.

I'm trying to move Jared Cook, so I can make some further rosters moves. Basically, I hadn't intended to acquire him in the first place, it kind of just happened. Anyway, here's a copy/paste of what I posted over in our Yahoo! forums:

Jared Cook's measurables:

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 248 lbs

(NFL Combine)

40-yard Dash Time: 4.49 seconds

Vertical Leap: 41-inches

Broad Jump: 10 feet 3-inches"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The original offer I sent to JMak was:

Robrain Trades:

DeMarco Murray

Felix Jones

Antonio Gates

JMak Trades:

Darren McFadden

Mike Goodson

SF DEF

JMak wanted to make sure he got a DEF in return, so he sent back the counter-offer that was accepted, which basically tacked on Jared Cook and the PIT DEF to the above offer.

======================

I'm in fact quite high on Jared Cook's potential this year because I mean, let's be honest, he was 8 receiving yards shy of Jermichael Finley last season. If Chris Johnson is in gear, Cook should at least match (and most likely exceed) his performance from last year.

For those who need a reminder, that performance was 49 receptions, 759 receiving yards, and 3 TDs.

For easy viewing, here are some highlight videos so you can see him in action for yourself:

55 yard TD catch and run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQQ2Hy3TzvM

But of course, don't take it from me. Why not listen to the NFL Network's Draft Profile of Cook instead, where (back in 2009) they directly compare his size and speed combination to Calvin Johnson?:

Seriously, check out the move Cook and his QB put on this defender for a 32-yard gain:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d823996fd/Hasselbeck-and-Cook-connect-for-big-gain

Mismatch on a linebacker, and the TD result:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82362e78/Hasselbeck-hits-Cook-for-4th-down-TD

And why don't we end with, you know, a huge guy using that ridiculous speed for an 80-yard catch-and-run TD?:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d822bef3b/Cook-goes-the-distance

I've got some more roster moves I'd like to make, so I'm looking to move Jared Cook within the next 24-48 hours, basically as soon as possible. I like what I've got in Fleener, but if I don't get any takers Cook will remain on my bench as my backup TE / FLEX player.

Get your bids in, I'm not looking for anything outrageous. Remember, I'm also looking to move up the Waiver priority list.

Robrain moves his players more often than I move my bowels.

For the record, it also seems that the actual Waiver Priority itself obviously gets de-valued quite substantially when a FAAB system is put into place, which should be the case for our league in the next week or so (Gottagetthewin has contacted Yahoo!'s admins to have them manually switch our league over to a FAAB system).

Any trade offer that previously would have included swapping Waiver priority as a portion of the trade's value, now would likely still have to include swapping Waiver Priority but would also need to include FAAB $$$, since those will be the real determining factor of who ends up with Free Agents.

I'd just like to confirm that we can trade for FAAB $ in order to move above our initial $100 allotment, otherwise trading for FAAB $ would be useless until about the halfway point of the season when everyone has been using theirs.

For the record, it also seems that the actual Waiver Priority itself obviously gets de-valued quite substantially when a FAAB system is put into place, which should be the case for our league in the next week or so (Gottagetthewin has contacted Yahoo!'s admins to have them manually switch our league over to a FAAB system).

Any trade offer that previously would have included swapping Waiver priority as a portion of the trade's value, now would likely still have to include swapping Waiver Priority but would also need to include FAAB $$$, since those will be the real determining factor of who ends up with Free Agents.

I'd just like to confirm that we can trade for FAAB $ in order to move above our initial $100 allotment, otherwise trading for FAAB $ would be useless until about the halfway point of the season when everyone has been using theirs.

I hope he's only switching it because the majority wants it.

Seems like the only vote against was scottdills, but he said he was fine with it so long as the league voted it in:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/60757/message?msgid=v1/mb/board/5fb0294d-b43f-46cb-9566-c06645cfeb10/thread/1340039916192-9c088bb4-3e89-49ce-a3db-f8786a70db62

scottdills:

"

I'd prefer regular waivers since that's what I'm used to, but if everyone else wants FAAB I'm fine with it."

Seems like the only vote against was scottdills, but he said he was fine with it so long as the league voted it in:

In Favor of FAAB/Waivers:

ZidaneValor

Proteus

Robrain

DocJ (took over Grandy's team)

bdams

Gottagetthewin

Neutral:

LionsFan ("Doesn't matter to me what waiver process we have, i like both that we're mentioned here.")

In Favor of Standard Waivers:

scottdills

Everyone else was given a chance to object during the last week, I'd say that's fairly strong support to put in place the FAAB-based Waiver system.

Got a new trade, this time not including me :P

Gottagetthewin Trades:

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Brian Quick

TE: Aaron Hernandez

RB: Michael Bush

scottdills Trades:

WR: Hakeem Nicks

WR: Mike Williams

TE: Jermichael Finley

(drops RB: Rashard Mendenhall)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gottagetthewin's Roster Before The Trade:

QB: Tony Romo

RB1: LeSean McCoy

RB2: Shonn Greene

WR1: Dwayne Bowe

WR2: Demaryius Thomas

FLEX: Pierre Garcon

K: Stephen Gostkowski

DEF: =EMPTY=

------

BENCH:

RB: Benjarvus Green-Ellis

WR: Torrey Smith

WR: Michael Floyd

WR: Doug Baldwin

QB: Jake Locker

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gottagetthewin's Roster After The Trade:

QB: Tony Romo

RB1: LeSean McCoy

RB2: Shonn Greene

WR1: Hakeem Nicks

WR2: Dwayne Bowe

FLEX: Pierre Garcon

K: Stephen Gostkowski

DEF: =EMPTY=

------

BENCH:

RB: Benjarvus Green-Ellis

WR: Torrey Smith

WR: Michael Floyd

WR: Doug Baldwin

WR: Mike Williams (TB)

QB: Jake Locker

=EMPTY=

====================================================================

scottdill's Roster Before The Trade:

QB: Philip Rivers

RB1: Matt Forte

RB2: Steven Jackson

WR1: Roddy White

WR2: Hakeem Nicks

FLEX: Willis McGahee

K: David Akers

DEF: CHI

------

BENCH:

RB: Stevan Ridley

RB: Rashard Mendenhall

WR: Robert Meachem

WR: Brandon LaFell

WR: Mike Williams

QB: Robert Griffin III

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scottdill's Roster After The Trade:

QB: Philip Rivers

RB1: Matt Forte

RB2: Steven Jackson

WR1: Roddy White

WR2: Demaryius Thomas

FLEX: Willis McGahee

K: David Akers

DEF: CHI

------

BENCH:

RB: Stevan Ridley

WR: Robert Meachem

WR: Brandon LaFell

QB: Robert Griffin III

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think scottdills came out ahead in this one, personally, but obviously I don't think either side made a bad trade. Sometimes you give up a little extra to get the players you want, is all.

Everyone's DRIVING THE LANE to take my main mancrush Jimmy Graham off my hands.

Right now, I think you'd need to offer Proteus at least Gronk and AP to even get him to consider letting Jimmy Graham go.

Okay, so I got confirmation from Gottagetthewin via PM that he's cool with everybody trading FAAB $:

"As long as we can trade it I have no problem with it. I just don't know if Yahoo allows it since I've never done a FAAB league before."

I created a dummy league (since I'd never been a Commissioner on Yahoo! before), and went and found the link to the page where The Commissioner can set the individual FAAB amounts for each team:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/60757/editfab

You normally get to the above page via the following Commish Control Panel page (to get to it, click the "Commissioner Tools" tab), GGTW:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/60757/commishhome

So, looks like everything should be a go for trading FAAB $ now.

There really shouldn't be any problems in the next week or so until the Yahoo! admins change our league Waivers over to the FAAB setting. I doubt any Ben Tates are going to pop up between now and then, since I don't think any training camps are in session for key players to be getting injured.

Right now, I think you'd need to offer Proteus at least Gronk and AP to even get him to consider letting Jimmy Graham go.

Gronk is one of too many mouths that need feeding, and it just broke that AP is backing up Toby G.

I don't think anyone including the Vikings know what will be happening with AP at this moment. As much as we are all excited for FF season, I am LOVING all the activity in this league, we are still only at June 25th. Training Camps haven't really started, pre-season games are far off and those are what will determine where AP starts the season.

I'm going to go ahead and propose a 5-way trade here:

scottdills Gives:

$20 FAAB

Matt Forte

Michael Bush

Demaryius Thomas

scottdills Gets:

Ray Rice

------------------------------------------------------

LionsFan Gives:

Adrian Peterson

$30 FAAB

LionsFan Gets:

Matt Forte

Michael Bush

Jared Cook

Swole Gives:

Ray Rice

Jacquizz Rodgers

Swole Gets:

Adrian Peterson

Toby Gerhart

$100 FAAB (from Robrain)

ZidaneValor Gives:

Isaiah Pead

Toby Gerhart

ZidaneValor Gets:

Jacquizz Rodgers

Rashad Jennings

$50 FAAB (from scottdills and LionsFan)

Robrain Gives:

Jared Cook

Rashad Jennings

His FULL $100 FAAB

Robrain Gets:

Demaryius Thomas

Isaiah Pead

This is just a preliminary proposal...Swole might need a bit more compensation for giving up Ray Rice. Thoughts?

This is just a preliminary proposal...Swole might need a bit more compensation for giving up Ray Rice. Thoughts?

Woops, totally had the wrong owners for a couple players with that previous revision, here it is fixed:

scottdills Gives:

$20 FAAB

Matt Forte

Michael Bush

Demaryius Thomas

scottdills Gets:

Ray Rice

LionsFan Gives:

Adrian Peterson

$30 FAAB

LionsFan Gets:

Matt Forte

Michael Bush

Jared Cook

Swole Gives:

Ray Rice

Beanie Wells

Ryan Williams

Swole Gets:

Adrian Peterson

Toby Gerhart

Michael Turner

$100 FAAB (from Robrain)

ZidaneValor Gives:

Michael Turner

Toby Gerhart

ZidaneValor Gets:

Steven Jackson

Rashad Jennings

Robrain Gives:

Jared Cook

Rashad Jennings

His FULL $100 FAAB

Robrain Gets:

Demaryius Thomas

Isaiah Pead

Add/change:

Swole Gives:

Swole Gets:

Michael Turner

Jacquizz Rodgers

scottdills Gets:

Beanie Wells

Ryan Williams

Which would make Swole's RB's Adrian Peterson/Gerhart and Michael Turner/Rodgers.

Steven Jackson could also be tossed into that mix, taking the place of the Beanie/Ryan combo or the Turner/Rodgers combo, depending on which Swole is potentially interested in more.

RAN OUT OF EDITING TIME, GRRRRRRRRR...here's the finalized version, thoughts?

Woops, totally had the wrong owners for a couple players with that previous revision, here it is fixed:

scottdills Gives:

$20 FAAB

Matt Forte

Michael Bush

Steven Jackson

Demaryius Thomas

scottdills Gets:

Ray Rice

Beanie Wells

Ryan Williams

LionsFan Gives:

Adrian Peterson

$30 FAAB

LionsFan Gets:

Matt Forte

Michael Bush

Jared Cook

Swole Gives:

Ray Rice

Beanie Wells

Ryan Williams

Swole Gets:

Adrian Peterson

Toby Gerhart

Michael Turner

$100 FAAB (from Robrain)

ZidaneValor Gives:

Michael Turner

Toby Gerhart

ZidaneValor Gets:

Steven Jackson

Rashad Jennings

Robrain Gives:

Jared Cook

Rashad Jennings

His FULL $100 FAAB

Robrain Gets:

Demaryius Thomas

The above trade would pair all the following RB's with their handcuffs on their new team:

scottdills:

Ray Rice

Beanie Wells

Ryan Williams

LionsFan:

Matt Forte

Michael Bush

Swole:

Adrian Peterson

Toby Gerhart

Michael Turner

Jacquizz Rodgers

ZidaneValor:

Steven Jackson

Isaiah Pead

Anyone want Helu?

You can have him for a stick of gum and a manual that shows me how to chew it.

Anyone want Helu?

You can have him for a stick of gum and a manual that shows me how to chew it.

If I trade you the manual that shows him how to chew it then how will he ever figure it out. Shanny won't use him right so there is still no hope lol