Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2012 Rotoworld Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft

Okay two more have been added. Make sure you can read the expectations, fellas. Thanks.

When you get 12 and one alternate. It looks like you have confirmed:

Grandy

Felonious

Proteus

Gottagetthewin

JTaylor

JMak

badams bdams19

ZidaneValor

just gonna do this real quick....

I'm in if there's still a spot left.

Pretty sure it happens in this thread.

wouldnt it be easier doing a mock on espn?

The purpose isn't necessarily just doing a mock. The purpose is to have an in-depth discussion of picks. I think.

At least that's what I plan on doing. I'm going to write a novel explaining each pick.

Also, if we all tried to pile into the same ESPN mock, wouldn't it be like trying to take a flying f*** at a rolling donut? I mean, there's no way to control who's going to get through the wire first on those, is there?

Guys, this is a slow draft. It's meant for the participants to sharpen their drafting skills as well as evaluate and consider their own and alternate strategies. Additionally, it's meant to help other community members as viewers watch a draft with real live member interactively, where they can ask questions and address concerns of picks already made. It's a fairly simple concept. If you'd prefer a quick down and dirty online draft, then ESPN, Yahoo, and MDC will all be open soon, so knock yourselves out, but this isn't the same type of thing.

As far as analysis goes. There is definitely some analysis and description of most picks made as well as conversation about some of the more interesting ones. Novels? We can do without those.

Here's who we have thus far:

Grandy

Felonious

Proteus

Gottagetthewin

JTaylor

JMak

bdams19

ZidaneValor

Robrain

scottdills

Guys that are up in the air:

cap22usafitness -- needs to establish a way to communicate with him (Get PMs turned on)

rraayy3 -- Said he wanted to play in a league but didn't commit to the mock. Two separate things.

lawilt -- not sure if you still want in if it's not online. Will need to re-confirm.

That's 10 confirmed. Need 2 more and an alternate to get started. I would imagine you guys could start up on Monday if you can get the last 3 folks and organize yourselves.

Hidden

Never mind, then, since apparently we're playing pick-and-choose.

Yeah, this isn't a draft just to have a draft, it's more like a draft/analysis.

I know what it is.

I've done about 75 mocks so far this year, and feel I have a decent grasp on fantasy football drafts at this point.

Not sure if my name just got missed or if I was being skipped.

I know what it is.

I've done about 75 mocks so far this year, and feel I have a decent grasp on fantasy football drafts at this point.

PB must have just missed you, but you can absolutely participate in the mock draft as long as you have read and agreed to the guidelines outlined from the OP. Below is the updated list...

Grandy

Felonious

Proteus

Gottagetthewin

JTaylor

JMak

bdams19

ZidaneValor

Robrain

scottdills

cowbell204

cap22usafitness -- needs to establish a way to communicate with him (Get PMs turned on)

rraayy3 -- Said he wanted to play in a league but didn't commit to the mock. Two separate things.

lawilt -- not sure if you still want in if it's not online. Will need to re-confirm.

Looks like you guys just need 1 more along with an alternate.

I know what it is.

PB must have just missed you, but you can absolutely participate in the mock draft as long as you have read and agreed to the guidelines outlined from the OP. Below is the updated list...

Grandy

Felonious

Proteus

Gottagetthewin

JTaylor

JMak

bdams19

ZidaneValor

Robrain

scottdills

cowbell204

Looks like you guys just need 1 more along with an alternate.

Missed Maligator as well. Hey, it's late. So with him that makes 12. Just need an alternate or two really....the alternates get first crack at next mock if they'd like....

with lawilt confirmed it looks like we are good to go. Maybe we get a draft order tomorrow and start picking on Monday?

Actually, it looks like 12 were confirmed before lawilt was able to confirm. So we'll move on with lawilt as the 1st alternate which means that if he wants, he has his spot reserved for the 2nd Mock draft. The Mock looks like this:

Grandy

Felonious

Proteus

Gottagetthewin

JTaylor

JMak

bdams19

ZidaneValor

Robrain

scottdills

cowbell204

Maligator

lawilt - 1st alternate

So, you guys need to randomize the draft order and then come up with a draft time. Monday seems like the most sensible time to start. Good luck.

Taking the 12 teams in the draft I used FFToolbox.com to randomly draft an order. I didn't know anyone's email so I couldn't have it emailed to it. We don't have to use this, especially after seeing the results but if everyone is ok with it, it was 100% random(I'm sure people won't believe me.) This was the draft order fftoolbox gave with a link to the results. Again I just did it, doesn't mean it has to be used.

The following email was successfully sent:

From="a@aol.com"

To="owners"

Subject="Roto World Mock Draft Order"

GottaGetTheWin has used the FFToolbox.com random draft order generator for the Roto World Mock league. To verify the results visit this page:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm?id=50338

The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:

1 - Gottagetthewin

2 - Robrain

3 - JTaylor

4 - Grandy

5 - cowbell204

6 - ZidaneValor

7 - Felonious

8 - Maligator

9 - bdams19

10 - Proteus

11 - scottdills

12 - JMak

Regards,

FFToolbox.co

m

Link to results:

Whether we use this or not I'm pissed that after the dozens of times I've used this site in various leagues, a fake draft is the first ever time it gives me first overall.

Personally I'm hoping for a mid-to-late round pick myself. Not sure what to do at the front of the line now, lol.

(I'm fine with this order, btw, gotta adapt to all situations afterall)

My real question is, if I don't take a RB with the 2nd overall pick, what RB's are actually left at the end of the 2nd round??? Gonna have to go do some mocks on this for sure.

since im not in it just send me a pm if someone drps out or if yall decide to do another mock

I've never drafted from the last position in any meaningful draft. Should be interesting and definitely a learning experience. Looking forward to it.

Will we start on Monday?