Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2012 Rotoworld Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft

Tonight I'll go ahead and log the roster moves that have occurred since my last major update.

I made a trade today:

Robrain gives:

Rashad Jennings

bdams gives:

Jerome Simpson

$5 FAAB

I was contemplating holding onto Jerome Simpson, but figured that even though he's got some potential upside, it's still just MIN's offense which isn't the most thrilling option around with Peterson a question mark. Harvin and Rudolph are also there, making Rudolph / Simpson likely the 2a/2b in Christian Palmer's read progression. Having to wait until Week 4 just to find out how he's utilized in that offense...nah, someone else can burn that bench spot.

I picked up Terrance Ganaway on a long shot. Looks like a perfect fit for the Ground and Pound offense the Jets want to run. Shonn Greene never really excited anybody, so it wouldn't surprise me at all for Greene to get injured / show himself ineffective, and Ganaway to take over the lion's share of carries since he's a 240lb bulldozer.

Tonight I'll go ahead and log the roster moves that have occurred since my last major update.

I made a trade today:

Robrain gives:

Rashad Jennings

bdams gives:

Jerome Simpson

$5 FAAB

I was contemplating holding onto Jerome Simpson, but figured that even though he's got some potential upside, it's still just MIN's offense which isn't the most thrilling option around with Peterson a question mark. Harvin and Rudolph are also there, making Rudolph / Simpson likely the 2a/2b in Christian Palmer's read progression. Having to wait until Week 4 just to find out how he's utilized in that offense...nah, someone else can burn that bench spot.

I picked up Terrance Ganaway on a long shot. Looks like a perfect fit for the Ground and Pound offense the Jets want to run. Shonn Greene never really excited anybody, so it wouldn't surprise me at all for Greene to get injured / show himself ineffective, and Ganaway to take over the lion's share of carries since he's a 240lb bulldozer.

Who you dropped....listen if you are into giving shiit away just let me know playa.

Put your money where your mouth is - go spend some FAAB $ if you like him that much.

It's a long 3 months until you'll be able to use him.

Put your money where your mouth is - go spend some FAAB $ if you like him that much.

It's a long 3 months until you'll be able to use him.

I was going to spend a ton on ganaway but you snapped him up.....damn. :lol:

I snapped him up now just so I don't have to potentially spend big FAAB $ on him later, that's all. He's just a flyer, and if I get the chance to scoop up a potential out-of-nowhere RB before he's this week's newest Waiver Wire addition during the season, I'll roll with it.

For those that have never played with FAAB before, two things to note:

1) You can place $0 bids. If you are the only bidder or you hold the tiebreaker, you still get that player.

2) Anyone that clears waivers is a free agent, so you can pick him up for free. You should only make a FAAB bid if you think someone else will bid as well.

For those that have never played with FAAB before, two things to note:

1) You can place $0 bids. If you are the only bidder or you hold the tiebreaker, you still get that player.

2) Anyone that clears waivers is a free agent, so you can pick him up for free. You should only make a FAAB bid if you think someone else will bid as well.

Yep. Though if you want a player, it's a much better idea to bid $1 (to make sure you don't lose him to a $0 bidder) or at least $3-4 so you don't lose out on that guy by a single dollar to someone else. You'd be kicking yourself if that player later blew up, and you blew it by not tossing in an extra $2-3.

Most of the time if I want a player on Waivers, I usually toss in $5-10 myself.

Though there's banging of heads going on this league is a lot of fun.

Keep it up. It's great to be playing with guys who give a s---.

Though there's banging of heads going on this league is a lot of fun.

Keep it up. It's great to be playing with guys who give a s---.

Definitely agree. I think its very cool to play in a league with some of the most active posters. This makes the league so much more competitive.

These new post-game breakdowns by Automated Insight are awesome!!!!!!!!

Maniac All-Stars: 137.93

Jacquizz In Ur Face: 121.23

Maniac All-Stars Rallies to Beat Jacquizz In Ur Face

Facing a 7.20-point deficit on Monday night, Maniac All-Stars scored 32.90 to take down Jacquizz In Ur Face 137.93 - 121.23 with the second-highest point total in the league this week. Maniac All-Stars beat their projections and scored 17.6% more than their projected 117.30 points, while Jacquizz In Ur Face fell just short of hitting their projections and got 99.5% of a projected 121.87. Tony Romo, with 28.43 points, racked up the third-highest score in the league this week. Maniac All-Stars kicks off the season with a 1-0 record, good enough for second place. Jacquizz In Ur Face debuts at 0-1 and in eighth place.

Maniac All-Stars Smooth Moves

• With 25.10 points, Kevin Smith ranked 10th in the league in scoring.
  • With 24.80 points, Darren McFadden, who Maniac All-Stars picked up this week, beat his 18.49-point projection by 34.1%.
  • The 14.00 points scored by Martellus Bennett, who Maniac All-Stars picked up this week, beat his projected point total of 8.30 by 68.7%.
  • Greg Zuerlein, who was picked up by Maniac All-Stars, scored 13.00 points against a projected 7.32, topping his projection by 77.6%.
  • With 18.10 points, Calvin Johnson ranked 10th in the league in scoring among WRs this week.

Jacquizz In Ur Face Regret Tracker

• Picked up Alfred Morris but left him on the bench, where he scored 21.60 points and exceeded his scoring projection by 350.9%, the third-highest percentage in the league.
  • Did not start Pierre Garcon, who beat his scoring projection with 21.90 points against a projected 11.12.
  • Picked up Hakeem Nicks, who scored only 46.7% of his scoring projection, the lowest percentage on the team.
  • The 6.00 points scored by the Minnesota Vikings Defense did not reach their projected point total of 10.28. They was just picked up this week by Jacquizz In Ur Face.
  • Of the 9 starters on Jacquizz In Ur Face, 5 underperformed versus their projections.

What If

• Maniac All-Stars would have beaten nine other teams besides Jacquizz In Ur Face this week.
  • Maniac All-Stars would have had to score 44.84 fewer points to lose to all teams in the league this week.
  • Besides Maniac All-Stars, Jacquizz In Ur Face would have been defeated by four other teams this week.
  • If Jacquizz In Ur Face had scored 28.14 fewer points, they would have lost to all teams in the league this week.

Game Notes

• With 25.10 points, Jacquizz In Ur Face got the lowest combined scoring output from the WR position for any team this week.
  • The best group of RBs in the league this week was on Maniac All-Stars, which got 58.00 points from the position.
  • The 16.70-point margin of victory by Maniac All-Stars was the second-biggest win in the league this week.
  • Maniac All-Stars had the second-highest score in the league this week with 137.93 points.
  • Jacquizz In Ur Face lost, but Tony Romo played well, scoring 28.43 points to rank third in the league in scoring.
  • All was not bad for Jacquizz In Ur Face in the loss, as Jermichael Finley scored 17.70 points, the fourth-largest score for a TE in the league this week.
  • Despite being on the winning team, Matthew Stafford, who had the highest projected points in the matchup, fell short of scoring projections with 14.13 points against a projected 21.42.
  • The Seattle Seahawks Defense failed to meet their projected point total, scoring only 6.00 points of their projected 11.13.

Week 2

Powered by Automated InsightsManiac All-Stars Tops LionsFan

• 962742e8f506c6aceb5eab8c13d767c6_48.jpegManiac All-Stars(2-0)83.37

• LionsFan(0-2)75.53

In spite of finishing with just the 11th-highest point total in the league this week, Maniac All-Stars (2-0, 221.30 points) was able to take down LionsFan, 83.37 - 75.53. It was a painful outing for LionsFan, who fell to 0-2 (184.76 points) after coming up dead last in points. Calvin Johnson led Maniac All-Stars in scoring this week with 17.40 points.

Maniac All-Stars Smooth Moves

• The 14.50 points scored by Dennis Pitta, who Maniac All-Stars picked up this week, beat his projected point total of 9.19 by 57.8%.
  • Maniac All-Stars won despite having only 2 of their 9 starters exceed their projected points.
  • By scoring 12.00 points, Greg Zuerlein beat his 7.97 projected points by 50.6%.
  • Maniac All-Stars won even though all three of their RBs scored below their projected points.

LionsFan Regret Tracker

• The Denver Broncos Defense was last in the matchup in scoring with 1.00 point.
  • 6 of the starters on LionsFan scored less than their projected points.
  • Did not take Ryan Mathews (0 points) out of the starting lineup this week.
  • The 7.93 points scored by Peyton Manning was just 35.4% of his 22.38-point projection.

What If

• If Maniac All-Stars played LionsFan every week, they would be 2-0 this season.
  • Maniac All-Stars would not have beaten any other team in the league besides LionsFan this week.
  • Maniac All-Stars would have defeated LionsFan 137.93 - 109.23 had they played each other last week.
  • If Maniac All-Stars had played every team in the league each week, they would be 11-11.
  • LionsFan would have lost to every other team in the league this week.
  • If they played every team every week, LionsFan would be 2-20.

Game Notes

• This matchup featured the two lowest-scoring teams in the league this week.
  • Maniac All-Stars was able to cover the 4.53-point spread in the win.
  • With 11.00 points, LionsFan got the lowest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.
  • Maniac All-Stars was able to win despite putting up the smallest point total of any winning team in the league this week.
  • Although LionsFan lost, Wes Welker played well, bringing in 34.8% more points than was projected (14.50 points against a projected 10.76).
  • Darren McFadden was on the winning team, but only scored 6.10 points against his projected 16.08.
  • Both teams failed to score as many points as projected for the week.

================================================================================================

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

================================================================================================

Week 3