Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2012 Rotoworld Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft

Ohhhh got it. I'm okay with picking anywhere so if someone would rather have eleven that's fine.

I'm interested in trading down from the #2 spot to the tail end of the draft.

8 - Maligator

9 - bdams19

10 - Proteus

11 - scottdills

12 - JMak

I'd prefer the 9 or 10 spot, but I'm open to the other ones as well.

(edit, assuming of course, that trading our initial positions are allowed)

8 - Maligator

9 - bdams19

10 - Proteus

11 - scottdills

12 - JMak

Here's a possible 3-way trade: I take 8 from Maligator who takes 2 from you, and you get 10 from me.

So that's 2 separate offers now, Maligator.

Provided that any of this is even allowed.

And that we actually are using that draft order.

lolsies.

This is why refs are needed.

8 - Maligator

9 - bdams19

10 - Proteus

11 - scottdills

12 - JMak

Here's a possible 3-way trade: I take 8 from Maligator who takes 2 from you, and you get 10 from me.

So that's 2 separate offers now, Maligator.

Provided that any of this is even allowed.

And that we actually are using that draft order.

lolsies.

This is why refs are needed.

Yeah, I'm cool with the above.

Haha, maybe I should throw in a clause that you're not allowed to pick the player I'm going to pick, as I've got a feeling there's a few of us that are gunning for the same player...

But yeah, definitely willing to swap my draft position as stated above if it's okay with everyone else.

Ok guys, few things to cover:

First off...in order to keep the picks thread from cluttering up, we will have a separate thread for pick discussion.

Here is a link to last year's mock draft to reference posting format:

http://forums.rotowo...ppr-mock-draft/ (I believe around page 5 they begin posting picks...)

This is an example(copied and pasted from last year's draft):

QB:

RB: Ray Rice (1.5)

RB:

WR:

WR:

Flex:

TE:

D:

K:

Basically when it's your turn to draft, copy and paste the format and update with your selection, rinse and repeat...

Also, its helpful if one of the draft participants could update and post a snap shot of the draft picks for that entire round once or so each page, not too much more or the thread will get lengthy and cluttered.

An example of this would be(once again copied and pasted from last year's mock):

1. bdams19 - Chris Johnson

2. squidthunder - Arian Foster

3. dumherb1 - Adrian Peterson

4. ginocan - Jamaal Charles

5. BlueDevils22 - Ray Rice

6. Nicksy

7. drater

8. IsuckTDs

9. leapinglanny

10. duckofbutter

11. bwilsonhs

12. Swinagen

Ok, I think that covers posting format for draft picks. Once the draft begins, any of the draft participants are free to start the draft analysis thread, just make sure to clearly label it, something along the lines of: "2012 RW Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft Analysis"

It seems the majority of you are supporting the change of the Flex spot to include TE, so that change can be made. As far as the procedure of notifying after picks, keeping the draft moving along, etc...I ask that you please revisit PB's original post, any questions should be covered in that post. There will not be any draft pick trading; however, if two members decided too swap picks, that is fine. But, please make sure this is not a time consuming process that will delay the start of the draft. Too avoid any further confusion, I suggest you guys begin the draft on Monday morning at 8 or 9 am.

Alright fellas, good luck with the draft!

Wow. Look how badly some of those dudes tanked.

Lolsies.

What time/day are we starting. I know my pick so I'm good to start as soon as you guys are.

Same here. Traded spot or no.

Monday morning 8 or 9 am sounds fine to me.

Ok guys, few things to cover:

First off...in order to keep the picks thread from cluttering up, we will have a separate thread for pick discussion.

Here is a link to last year's mock draft to reference posting format:

http://forums.rotowo...ppr-mock-draft/ (I believe around page 5 they begin posting picks...)

This is an example(copied and pasted from last year's draft):

QB:

RB: Ray Rice (1.5)

RB:

WR:

WR:

Flex:

TE:

D:

K:

Basically when it's your turn to draft, copy and paste the format and update with your selection, rinse and repeat...

Also, its helpful if one of the draft participants could update and post a snap shot of the draft picks for that entire round once or so each page, not too much more or the thread will get lengthy and cluttered.

An example of this would be(once again copied and pasted from last year's mock):

1. bdams19 - Chris Johnson

2. squidthunder - Arian Foster

3. dumherb1 - Adrian Peterson

4. ginocan - Jamaal Charles

5. BlueDevils22 - Ray Rice

6. Nicksy

7. drater

8. IsuckTDs

9. leapinglanny

10. duckofbutter

11. bwilsonhs

12. Swinagen

I'd advise using the 1.1 abbreviations in the draft order part as well, it helps view the turn picks better once the draft progresses. Here is the format from the first mock last year:

kanter: 1.1 Foster............ 2.12 M. Forte.......... 3.1 P. Manning.......4.12 J. Maclin.... 5.1 J. Finley...... 6.12 S. Holmes

bluedevils: 1.2 AP............ 2.11 BEAST Rivers... 3.2 L. Blount......... 4.11 D. Bryant.... 5.2 K. Britt........6.11 R. Grant

duckbutter: 1.3 CJ2K........ 2.10 F. Gore........... 3.3 Lil Breesy......... 4.10 BMW TB..... 5.3 A. Collie...... 6.10 J. Knox

mega: 1.4 Vick................ 2.9 S. Jackson........ 3.4 M. Austin.........4.9 J. Best......... 5.4 S. Rice....... 6.9 B. Lloyd

naboo: 1.5 Charles........... 2.8 D. Jackson........ 3.5 T. Brady......... 4.8 A. Bradshaw.. 5.5 D. Thomas... 6.8 P. Harvin

bwilson: 1.6 RunDMC........ 2.7 G. Jennings........ 3.6 S. Greene........ 4.7 A. Gates...... 5.6 T. Romo...... 6.7 F. Jackson

bob loblaw: 1.7 McCoy..... 2.6 L. Fitzgerald....... 3.7 C. Benson....... 4.6 B. Marshall... 5.7 Big Ben.........6.6 law firm B-J-G-E

drater: 1.8 MJD............... 2.5 M. Turner........... 3.8 P. Hillis......... 4.5 R. Wayne..... 5.8 M. Colston.....6.5 W. Welker

spaastic: 1.9 Mendenhall... 2.4 H. Nicks.............3.9 K. Moreno....... 4.4 M. Ryan....... 5.9 AJ Green...... 6.4 J Witten

isuckTDs: 1.10 Rodgers..... 2.3 M. Wallace......... 3.10 R. Mathews... 4.3 DeAngelo...... 5.10 V. Davis...... 6.3 S. Johnson

grandy: 1.11 AJ............... 2.2 Megatron.......... 3.11 J. Stewart.... 4.2 D. Bowe........ 5.11 M. Ingram... 6.2 F. Jones

smoot: 1.12 Rice.............. 2.1 R. White........... 3.12 V-Jax.......... 4.1 M. Schaub.....5.12 A. Boldin..... 6.1 D. Clark

That's absolutely fine. I just wanted to steer the ship in the right direction...

kanter: 1.1 Foster............ 2.12 M. Forte.......... 3.1 P. Manning.......4.12 J. Maclin.... 5.1 J. Finley...... 6.12 S. Holmes

bluedevils: 1.2 AP............ 2.11 BEAST Rivers... 3.2 L. Blount......... 4.11 D. Bryant.... 5.2 K. Britt........6.11 R. Grant

duckbutter: 1.3 CJ2K........ 2.10 F. Gore........... 3.3 Lil Breesy......... 4.10 BMW TB..... 5.3 A. Collie...... 6.10 J. Knox

mega: 1.4 Vick................ 2.9 S. Jackson........ 3.4 M. Austin.........4.9 J. Best......... 5.4 S. Rice....... 6.9 B. Lloyd

naboo: 1.5 Charles........... 2.8 D. Jackson........ 3.5 T. Brady......... 4.8 A. Bradshaw.. 5.5 D. Thomas... 6.8 P. Harvin

bwilson: 1.6 RunDMC........ 2.7 G. Jennings........ 3.6 S. Greene........ 4.7 A. Gates...... 5.6 T. Romo...... 6.7 F. Jackson

bob loblaw: 1.7 McCoy..... 2.6 L. Fitzgerald....... 3.7 C. Benson....... 4.6 B. Marshall... 5.7 Big Ben.........6.6 law firm B-J-G-E

drater: 1.8 MJD............... 2.5 M. Turner........... 3.8 P. Hillis......... 4.5 R. Wayne..... 5.8 M. Colston.....6.5 W. Welker

spaastic: 1.9 Mendenhall... 2.4 H. Nicks.............3.9 K. Moreno....... 4.4 M. Ryan....... 5.9 AJ Green...... 6.4 J Witten

isuckTDs: 1.10 Rodgers..... 2.3 M. Wallace......... 3.10 R. Mathews... 4.3 DeAngelo...... 5.10 V. Davis...... 6.3 S. Johnson

grandy: 1.11 AJ............... 2.2 Megatron.......... 3.11 J. Stewart.... 4.2 D. Bowe........ 5.11 M. Ingram... 6.2 F. Jones

smoot: 1.12 Rice.............. 2.1 R. White........... 3.12 V-Jax.......... 4.1 M. Schaub.....5.12 A. Boldin..... 6.1 D. Clark

Man, things were tough all over. A lot of smart picks went tits up for just about every team.

Man, things were tough all over. A lot of smart picks went tits up for just about every team.

My grab two stud Wrs early and a Qb late (Stafford) play would have been the nuts had AJ stayed healthy.

But everything in between was a disaster.

So I might be a little slow but I'm still confused where I make my pick. Monday morning am I making a new thread with my pick, will 1 be made, am I putting my reasoning in that thread or in a separate thread.

JMak - Would you swap 12 for 3? Let me know.

Let's just pick where we're slotted and give analysis from there. Its not a competition; its an exercise.

So I might be a little slow but I'm still confused where I make my pick. Monday morning am I making a new thread with my pick, will 1 be made, am I putting my reasoning in that thread or in a separate thread.

Place your pick in this thread. After you have started the draft this thread will only be for drafting. I (or one of the other moderators) will create an "Analysis Thread" Sunday evening so it will be readily available at the start of the Mock Draft. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me...

What will be more realistic......The results of our fake draft for all of our fake football leagues OR the decision in the Pacquiao fight?? This has way more credibility.

Before we get started, can someone post the full and updated roster positions list that we're going with?

Let's just pick where we're slotted and give analysis from there. Its not a competition; its an exercise.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but some of us can give better analysis if we draft from where we feel we can pull the best value. There's different strategies to drafting from different spots, easiest example is bookend picks: if you pick in the first couple spots, you end up with bookend picks in Rounds 2&3, if you pick in the last couple spots, your bookends are Rounds 1&2, and then alternating the further you go in the draft.

Some people would advocate for one or the other spot because they feel they get better value in certain rounds.

Sweet. Mad progress.

I'm on board with the W/R/T flex.

Don't care if we have two threads or one.

Are we using that order?

If so: Can we trade picks?

If so: Maligator, want to switch?

Staying in the 8th slot.

Sweet. Mad progress.

I'm on board with the W/R/T flex.

Don't care if we have two threads or one.

Are we using that order?

If so: Can we trade picks?

If so: Maligator, want to switch?

Staying in the 8th slot.

Alright. I'll hang tight at 10.

No sweat just thought I'd ask.