Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2012 Rotoworld Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft

With pick 4.02, scottdills selects:

Hakeem Nicks, WR, New York Giants

QB:

RB: Matt Forte (1.11)

RB: Steven Jackson (3.11)

WR: Roddy White (2.02)

WR: Hakeem Nicks (4.02)

Flex:

TE:

D:

K:

Proteus is on the clock.

With the most pivotal pick in his draft, Proteus grabs his dingaling with both hands and jumps, by drafting:

Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

QB: Tom Brady

RB: Fred Jackson(if you're nasty)

RB: Doug Martin

WR:

WR:

Flex:

TE: Jimmy Graham

D:

K:

I'd like to thank the forward-thinking, and oh so droll authors of this thread:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/283977-doug-martin-2012-season-outlook/

for either giving me the next big thing, or sticking the dagger in the heart of my team.

bdams, you up

Gottagetthewin- 1.1 LeSean McCoy......2.12 Demarco Murray.....3.1 Tony Romo...............

Robrain- ...........1.2 Calvin Johnson.....2.11 Matthew Stafford......3.2 Demary Thomas

JTaylor- .............1.3 Arian Foster..........2.10 Andre Johnson........3.3 AJ Green

Grandy- .............1.4 Ray Rice.................2.9 Cam Newton............3.4 Brandon Marshall

cowbel204-.........1.5 Ryan Matthews.......2.8 Adrian Peterson......3.5 Wes Welker

ZidaneValor-......1.6 Aaron Rodgers........2.7 Rob Gronkowski......3.6 Darren Sproles

FeloniousT-........1.7 Chris Johnson.........2.6 Julio Jones..............3.7 Mike Wallace

Maligator-..........1.8 T. Richardson..........2.5 Drew Brees.............3.8 V. Cruz

bdams19-...........1.9 MJD.........................2.4 Marshawn Lynch.....3.9 Jamaal Charles......4.4 OTC

Proteus-...........1.10 Tom Brady...............2.3 Jimmy Graham.....3.10 FJax...................4.3 Doug Martin

scottdills-..........1.11 Matt Forte...............2.2 Roddy White..........3.11 SJax................4.2 Hakeem Nicks

Jmak-...............1.12 Darren McFadden...2.1 Larry Fitzgerald.....3.12G. Jennings......4.1 Ahmad Bradshaw

What the hell font is this? I tried.

Gottagetthewin- 1.1 LeSean McCoy......2.12 Demarco Murray.....3.1 Tony Romo.............4.12

Robrain- ...........1.2 Calvin Johnson.....2.11 Matthew Stafford......3.2 Demary Thomas.....4.11

JTaylor- .............1.3 Arian Foster..........2.10 Andre Johnson........3.3 AJ Green...............4.10

Grandy- .............1.4 Ray Rice.................2.9 Cam Newton............3.4 Brandon Marshall...4.9

cowbel204-.........1.5 Ryan Matthews.......2.8 Adrian Peterson......3.5 Wes Welker.............4.8

ZidaneValor-......1.6 Aaron Rodgers........2.7 Rob Gronkowski......3.6 Darren Sproles........4.7

FeloniousT-........1.7 Chris Johnson.........2.6 Julio Jones..............3.7 Mike Wallace..........4.6

Maligator-..........1.8 T. Richardson..........2.5 Drew Brees.............3.8 Victor Cruz...............4.5

bdams19-...........1.9 MJD.........................2.4 Marshawn Lynch.....3.9 Jamaal Charles.......4.4 OTC

Proteus-...........1.10 Tom Brady...............2.3 Jimmy Graham.....3.10 Fred Jackson...........4.3 Doug Martin

scottdills-..........1.11 Matt Forte...............2.2 Roddy White..........3.11 Steven Jackson.......4.2 Hakeem Nicks

Jmak-...............1.12 Darren McFadden...2.1 Larry Fitzgerald.....3.12 Greg Jennings.........4.1 Ahmad Bradshaw

Question: MUST we draft a Kicker and D/ST a la ESPN or can we let those slots go to our bench a la Yahoo?

Sorry if I missed that info.

Question: MUST we draft a Kicker and D/ST a la ESPN or can we let those slots go to our bench a la Yahoo?

Thats a great question because I don't draft defenses in my drafts and I never draft a kicker until my last round.

bdams19 selects.... Dez Bryant

QB:

RB: MJD 1.09

RB: Marshawn Lynch (2.04)

WR: Dez Bryant (4.04)

WR:

Flex: Jamaal Charles (3.09)

TE:

D:

K:

Gottagetthewin- 1.1 LeSean McCoy......2.12 Demarco Murray.....3.1 Tony Romo...............

Robrain- ...........1.2 Calvin Johnson.....2.11 Matthew Stafford......3.2 Demary Thomas

JTaylor- .............1.3 Arian Foster..........2.10 Andre Johnson........3.3 AJ Green

Grandy- .............1.4 Ray Rice.................2.9 Cam Newton............3.4 Brandon Marshall

cowbel204-.........1.5 Ryan Matthews.......2.8 Adrian Peterson......3.5 Wes Welker

ZidaneValor-......1.6 Aaron Rodgers........2.7 Rob Gronkowski......3.6 Darren Sproles

FeloniousT-........1.7 Chris Johnson.........2.6 Julio Jones..............3.7 Mike Wallace

Maligator-..........1.8 T. Richardson..........2.5 Drew Brees.............3.8 V. Cruz..................4.5 OTC

bdams19-...........1.9 MJD.........................2.4 Marshawn Lynch.....3.9 Jamaal Charles......4.4 Dez Bryant

Proteus-...........1.10 Tom Brady...............2.3 Jimmy Graham.....3.10 FJax...................4.3 Doug Martin

scottdills-..........1.11 Matt Forte...............2.2 Roddy White..........3.11 SJax................4.2 Hakeem Nicks

Jmak-...............1.12 Darren McFadden...2.1 Larry Fitzgerald.....3.12 Greg Jennings..4.2 Ahmad Bradshaw

I'm not exactly sure I understand your question; yes you have to eventually draft a D/ST and a Kicker for your starting line-up(as the OP states), however, are you trying to ask if you're allowed to draft bench depth at other positions that are already filled in your starting line-up? If that is your question, then yes, you are absolutely allowed to draft players wherever you choose, as long as by the end of the draft you have a full lineup and bench as dictated by the OP.

Maligator PM'd me his pick has he had to head out. While very nice of him and since the draft is moving this late it def helps, but no one is required to make picks overnight

Maligator selects: Percy Harvin

Gottagetthewin- 1.1 LeSean McCoy......2.12 Demarco Murray.....3.1 Tony Romo.............4.12

Robrain- ...........1.2 Calvin Johnson......2.11 Matthew Stafford.....3.2 Demary Thomas....4.11

JTaylor- .............1.3 Arian Foster..........2.10 Andre Johnson........3.3 AJ Green...............4.10

Grandy- .............1.4 Ray Rice.................2.9 Cam Newton............3.4 Brandon Marshall...4.9

cowbel204-.........1.5 Ryan Matthews.......2.8 Adrian Peterson......3.5 Wes Welker.............4.8

ZidaneValor-......1.6 Aaron Rodgers........2.7 Rob Gronkowski......3.6 Darren Sproles........4.7

FeloniousT-........1.7 Chris Johnson.........2.6 Julio Jones..............3.7 Mike Wallace..........4.6 OTC

Maligator-..........1.8 T. Richardson..........2.5 Drew Brees.............3.8 Victor Cruz...............4.5 Percy Harvin

bdams19-...........1.9 MJD.........................2.4 Marshawn Lynch.....3.9 Jamaal Charles.......4.4 Dez Bryant

Proteus-...........1.10 Tom Brady...............2.3 Jimmy Graham.....3.10 Fred Jackson...........4.3 Doug Martin

scottdills-..........1.11 Matt Forte...............2.2 Roddy White..........3.11 Steven Jackson.......4.2 Hakeem Nicks

Jmak-...............1.12 Darren McFadden...2.1 Larry Fitzgerald.....3.12 Greg Jennings.........4.1 Ahmad Bradshaw

I'm not exactly sure I understand your question; yes you have to eventually draft a D/ST and a Kicker for your starting line-up(as the OP states), however, are you trying to ask if you're allowed to draft bench depth at other positions that are already filled in your starting line-up? If that is your question, then yes, you are absolutely allowed to draft players wherever you choose, as long as by the end of the draft you have a full lineup and bench as dictated by the OP.

The OP designates the D/ST and K positions, but it doesn't say we must draft all starting positions. On yahoo, if you simply don't draft those positions, you get additional roster spots on your bench. ESPN forces you to fill out the starting roster and will block you from augmenting your bench in lieu of drafting a kicker and a D/ST.

Nice. I like this pick a lot and I'm a little surprised he was there. People hating on the old guys who still get the job done :lol:

4.6 Steve Smith, WR CAR

QB:

RB: Chris Johnson

RB:

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Mike Wallace

Flex: Steve Smith

TE:

D:

K:

Robrain- ...........1.2 Calvin Johnson......2.11 Matthew Stafford.....3.2 Demary Thomas....4.11

ZidaneValor-......1.6 Aaron Rodgers........2.7 Rob Gronkowski......3.6 Darren Sproles........4.7 OTC

FeloniousT-........1.7 Chris Johnson.........2.6 Julio Jones..............3.7 Mike Wallace..........4.6 Steve Smith

Maligator-..........1.8 T. Richardson..........2.5 Drew Brees.............3.8 Victor Cruz...............4.5 Percy Harvin

bdams19-...........1.9 MJD.........................2.4 Marshawn Lynch.....3.9 Jamaal Charles.......4.4 Dez Bryant

The OP designates the D/ST and K positions, but it doesn't say we must draft all starting positions. On yahoo, if you simply don't draft those positions, you get additional roster spots on your bench. ESPN forces you to fill out the starting roster and will block you from augmenting your bench in lieu of drafting a kicker and a D/ST.

Ok, I've only played on ESPN for awhile now and was not aware of that glitch for yahoo. Looking over last years PPR mock draft it seems all teams drafted D/ST and Kickers by the end of the draft, however, I will bring up this topic to the rest of the Moderators and a decision will be made shortly on the subject matter.

Carry on...

Pro, I'd say we should all operate under the guise of this being a real league where you'd need to fill those positions for your lineup to be complete. Yes, some people punt those at the draft and hit the waiver wire after to fill them. But that's obv not an option here so lets just all fill those spots.

I won't jump up and down about this, but if this were authentic, and we were drafting this early, no way would I draft a kicker or a D.

Bateman himself gave me this idea.

lolsies.

Hmmm...I'm approaching this draft not as if we were drafting today for a league in three months, but as if we're drafting a league just before the actual season starts, with the information currently available, if that makes sense.

Which is why I'm steering clear currently of players that I don't have information regarding their role/purpose in the offense. I'm trying to assume as little as possible.

I won't jump up and down about this, but if this were authentic, and we were drafting this early, no way would I draft a kicker or a D.

Bateman himself gave me this idea.

lolsies.

Really doesn't matter much at all. You'll still be able to judge the draft accurately with or without them.

It's a fairly common practice.....in real leagues. This is a mock. If this is allowed, I doubt anyone will draft a kicker and after maybe a few of the elite defenses, a DST either. Not realistic to most drafts, imo. As far drafting this early, we're simply trying to get a snapshot in time. Let's hear the mods take, though. I'm just relaying the way the mock was done last year.

I say lets just draft a defense. If you are the type of person to draft an elite D then you would be drafting them in a specific round anyway.

Alright guys, its been decided that you need to draft a D/ST and Kicker by the end of the draft, it seems the majority in here were leaning that way as well.

Carry on...

With the 43rd pick in the 2012 Rotoworld Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft, ZidaneValor selects:

Marques Colston, WR, New Orleans Saints

2011 Statistics: 80 receptions for 1143 yards and 8 TDs

2011 Fantasy Points: 242 (10th among WRs)

QB: Aaron Rodgers (1.6)

RB: Darren Sproles (3.6)

RB:

WR: Marques Colston (4.7)

WR:

TE: Rob Gronkowski (2.7)

RB/WR/TE:

D:

K:

cowbel204-.........1.5 Ryan Matthews.......2.8 Adrian Peterson......3.5 Wes Welker.............4.8 OTC

ZidaneValor-......1.6 Aaron Rodgers........2.7 Rob Gronkowski......3.6 Darren Sproles........4.7 M. Colston

FeloniousT-........1.7 Chris Johnson.........2.6 Julio Jones..............3.7 Mike Wallace..........4.6 Steve Smith

With the 44th pick in the 2012 Rotoworld Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft, Cowbell204 selects:

Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay Packers

QB:

RB: Ryan Matthews (1.5)

RB: Adrian Peterson (2.6)

WR: Wes Welker (3.5)

WR: Jordy Nelson (4.6)

Flex:

TE:

D:

K:

BN-

BN-

BN-

BN-

BN-

BN-

Grandy is now on the clock

Grandy selects: Reggie Bush (4.9)

QB: Cam Newton (2.9)

RB: Ray Rice (1.4)

RB: Reggie Bush (4.9)

WR: Brandon Marshall (3.4)

WR:

Flex:

TE:

D:

K:

JTaylor- .............1.3 Arian Foster..........2.10 Andre Johnson........3.3 AJ Green...............4.10 OTC

Grandy- .............1.4 Ray Rice.................2.9 Cam Newton............3.4 Brandon Marshall...4.9 Reggie Bush

cowbel204-.........1.5 Ryan Matthews.......2.8 Adrian Peterson......3.5 Wes Welker.............4.8 Jordy Nelson

ZidaneValor-......1.6 Aaron Rodgers........2.7 Rob Gronkowski......3.6 Darren Sproles........4.7 M. Colston

JTaylor otc

Running out of room, so new column/row for the next turn........

Grandy- .............1.4 Ray Rice.................2.9 Cam Newton............3.4 Brandon Marshall...4.9 Reggie Bush

cowbel204-.........1.5 Ryan Matthews.......2.8 Adrian Peterson......3.5 Wes Welker.............4.8 Jordy Nelson

ZidaneValor-......1.6 Aaron Rodgers........2.7 Rob Gronkowski......3.6 Darren Sproles........4.7 Marq Colston

Gotgetthewin...5.1

Robtain............5.2

JTaylor.............5.3

Grandy.............5.4

Cowbel204.......5.5

ZidaneVictor....5.6

FeloniousT.......5.7

Maligator.........5.8

Bdams19..........5.9

Proteus...........5.10

scottdilis.........5.11

JMak...............5.12