Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avatoot

Daniel Straily Sp Oak

Sonny Gray is another strong prospect in their system

I would love to see a couple of them traded for much needed bats to bolster their O. We have not had a potent offense in some years, and if this team ever puts good O on the field to support their great pitching, they could contend again. Bring back the "Bay Bombers", please!! or the "Handle Bar Mustache 70's"

FISH ON!!

Good Job Fish On! Keep scouting these young kids and keep us updated. This info goes a long way. Thanks,

I'm guessing Colon, McCarthy, Braden, and Anderson will be traded at some point.

The rotation should be wide open for Straily next year and possibly in a few weeks.

I'd love to see a rotation of, Parker/Straily/Milone/AJ Griffin/Anderson to start next year. I just don't see all 4 of those others being traded. Colon yes, McCarthy as well, but Braden and Anderson were thought to be mainstays for years prior to their injuries, and with how they've recovered thus far, I don't see management turning around and trading them without giving them a shot to show they've regained their stuff that made them so attractive to the team.

Again, as a fan, what a nice conundrum for the A's to have.

Parker 23

Milone 25

AJ Griffin 24

Blackley 29, I'd rather they trade him

Braden 28

Anderson 24

McCarthy 29

Ross 25, still a work in progress, but does have potential, good stats in Sacramento

Gray 23

Peacock 24

Lots of youth and serious upside for the future.

Lets hope the A's make the correct decision as far as who gets traded, McCarthy/Colon and Blackley are who I'd like to see go. But then again, I own AJ/Parker and Doolittle on my MLB roster, with Straily/Gray in my minors, so color me biased..lol.

FISH ON!!

I would trade Anderson and Braden next year after they have some success. I doubt they ever log 150 innings in a season again. They're made of glass.

Anderson has some serious stuff, if he can ever stay healthy, he'd be an asset to any rotation, and at only 24, would like to see him stick here. Dealing Braden and Blackley with Colon and McCarthy would be the best way to go IMHO.

Only time will answer those questions as to who gets dealy.

However we look at this, we have some spectacular arms in Oakland. I'll hate to have to travel to Oakland to see them, but if that's the price I have to pay, I'll gladly pay it to see those kids pitch. Shadows of Catfish, and Blue moon, and Holtzman...yea, these kids can be that good.....

FISH ON

Aparently he will be called up this year to start if colon gets traded according tithe rw home page! He is really starting to blow up thank you to the people who researched him!

Heres the quote from rotoworld:

If the Athletics trade Bartolo Colon this month, they plan on replacing him in the rotation with pitching prospect Dan Straily.

Straily was absent from Baseball America's top-30 A's prospects list prior to the season, but he's gone on to lead all of the minors with 154 strikeouts over 118 1/3 innings to go along with a 2.74 ERA. The former 24th-round pick began the season at Double-A but has been even better since being promoted to Triple-A, posting a 1.09 ERA in five starts. In his last outing, Straily threw seven innings of one-hit ball while striking out 13. He's worth stashing in AL-only formats.

Finally getting the exposure.

For some reason, my morning cup of coffee tastes exceptionally good today, might it be that I woke up to this awesome news? Me thinks so..

Did not see this coming with all the other arms they've used this year, but it's the right move. My dream rotation, (or every A's fans' dream rotation,) for the A's is taking form. At least until McCarthy comes back, we should see Parker/Milone/AJ/Blackley and Straily.

Out of the bunch, Straily might be the dark horse to stick after McCarthy returns, dependent on his performance of course.

Colon for an impact 3b bat would be sweet, might keep the A's in the WC picture through Aug.

This kid could be special, I'd echo the recommendation to stash him, even in deep mixed leagues. Keeper and dynasty leagues should already have him on their watch list at the least, savvy owners should already have him in their minors.

Ticket watch for his first game at home!!

FISH ON!!

For some reason, my morning cup of coffee tastes exceptionally good today, might it be that I woke up to this awesome news? Me thinks so..

Did not see this coming with all the other arms they've used this year, but it's the right move. My dream rotation, (or every A's fans' dream rotation,) for the A's is taking form. At least until McCarthy comes back, we should see Parker/Milone/AJ/Blackley and Straily.

Out of the bunch, Straily might be the dark horse to stick after McCarthy returns, dependent on his performance of course.

Colon for an impact 3b bat would be sweet, might keep the A's in the WC picture through Aug.

This kid could be special, I'd echo the recommendation to stash him, even in deep mixed leagues. Keeper and dynasty leagues should already have him on their watch list at the least, savvy owners should already have him in their minors.

Ticket watch for his first game at home!!

FISH ON!!

Wish Yahoo would add him to their player pool. So slow.

on prospects like this do they usually wait til after their first start to add them to the db?

They have to be added to the 40 man roster in most cases.

Some formats, such as dynasty leagues, or like one of mine which is a hybrid keeper with a minor roster, allow for a MILB draft where the only requirement is a contract.

Rutledge, SS Col is a prime example, in yahoo, he was added to the player pool after his call up. So I guess where I'm going is it depends on which site and formatting.

FISH ON!!

Facing Hultzen tonight. So far:

Straily - 2IP, 1H, 0R, 0ER, 0BB, 4K, 34p-23s

Hultzen- 2, 1, 0,0,0,3, 33-19

add another inning and K to each of their totals. (I can't edit previous post)

Nice! Find out in the morning how they finished. Straily could be a beast in that huge park if he gets the call.

I was wrong.

8 innings, 1 run, 2 hits, 2 BBs, 8 Ks, 104 pitches, 67 strikes

Please get the call soon, I now think he's the most MLB ready pitcher in the minors right now

Couldn't be happier that I sat on my #1 waiver all season. This kid is mine, all mine.

blinkfan77 u still might be waiting a few weeks for this kid.

Love to see this guy get the call. The As are loaded with pitchers. So loaded it is sick!

He has 54Ks in 6 starts since moving to AAA! 162Ks in 126.1 innings total between AA & AAA. He is getting to be like Will Myers as far as pitching prospects go. And he has the same problem. Nowhere to put him on the big league clubs.

He has 54Ks in 6 starts since moving to AAA! 162Ks in 126.1 innings total between AA & AAA. He is getting to be like Will Myers as far as pitching prospects go. And he has the same problem. Nowhere to put him on the big league clubs.

Disagree about the no room part. It's a pretty easy fix. Trade Colon/McCarthy/Blackley. You would think Beane would be able to trade at least one of those guys with relative ease.