Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mpbaseball22

Mike Olt 3B CHC

Definitely keeping track off. Obviously more toward keeper leagues. Not added to Yahoo player pool. Him and Profar though, their biggest obstacle seems to be they have great players ahead of them in the majors.

Also, don't forget about 3B's Joey Gallo and Christian Villanueva both are highly regarded prospects. Bottom line....texas is absolutely stacked in their minors...

Blocked by Beltre. One of them needs to get traded for Olt to ever get PT.

Or Olt gets traded. Sounds like TEX has a need for a SP and this guy could be a trade chip to bring in Hamels or Greinke.

Ya, I think Texas will use Olt like they did Smoak and have him be the guy that brings them back a front line starter down the line.

Seems like he will be in a trade package if the Rangers decide to seek for Hamels or Greinke. If he does get traded, can he make the jump to the majors and make an impact this year?

I saw hes being mentioned as possible trade bait to get the rangers more pitching. Anyone have a guess what the chances are that he'd get to play immediately? If he went to either Philly for lee or mil for greinke I would think hed have a pretty good shot but I don't know alot about him. in a playoff hunt and panda won't stop eating his way to the dl, so I'm scouting possible injury

replacements and don't want to waste my time waiting on someone in the minors the rest of the year. Any opinions? Also my first post so please be gentle

This belongs in the minors forum until he's called up.

Olt called up - WOW, shocker...

Doubt he's coming up for clubhouse leadership or to fill the water cooler, he'll be playing you gotta think. What's his role? They dumping Mike Young? Play 1st instead of Mitch?

Do i add this guy? Where the heck is he going to be playing, someone needs to get some info on this ASAP!!

Olt called up - WOW, shocker...

Doubt he's coming up for clubhouse leadership or to fill the water cooler, he'll be playing you gotta think. What's his role? They dumping Mike Young? Play 1st instead of Mitch?

That would be my guess. Beltre is too good defensively to move to 1st. This is huge. I don't think anyone expected Olt to be up in The Show this year unless he was traded. And even then a call-up from AA is still pretty rare.

I'd add him if you could. He could battle for ABs if he struggles but its worth a short term gamble if you have the room. I'd be surprised to see him hit the ground running but stranger things have happened. In that lineup, anyone with upside is worth a shot.

In keepers leagues, this guy should have been long gone...

He is in Yahoo's player pool now 3B eligibility.

Oh crap,,,I was saving my 1st position for Wil Myers but who knows when he is going to come up and Olt has big time power and then playing in Texas!!!!..Gotta figure out what to do. :unsure:

Is anyone else worried about his production this season so far? He has a .139/.235/.236/.471 line and 1 HR, 6 RBIs is 72 at bats. That is down from last season when he went .288/.398/.579/.977 and hit 28 HRs, 82 RBIs in 354 at bats. He has 32 Ks to 9 walks. There was some discussion of his average and K rate suffering because of an eye issue, but according to Rangers GM Jon Daniels, "He’s seen a couple of different eye doctors that specialize in a couple of things, they have not found anything conclusive at this point." The theory is that these vision issues are coming from an incident in the Dominican Winter League where he sustained a concussion, but they're not sure at this point. He's headed to the DL with vision problems right now. This is concerning to say the least.

Looks like Olt is back on a "hitting program". Picked him up hoping a return to his past glory but anyway, keep an eye on this guy, to add or drop once he gets back into the lineup.

I think this guy has always been an overrated prospect. The Rangers should have traded him last year while he was hot and his stock was up.

I think this guy has always been an overrated prospect. The Rangers should have traded him last year while he was hot and his stock was up.

You consider 28 HR in in 354 ABs to be overrated? Olt had an 7.9% HR rate, better than Wil Myers (7.1%), and 2012's top minor league home run hitter Darin Ruf (7.7%). If he would have gotten as many ABs as Wil Myers (522 ABs) he would have hit 41 HRs, making him the top home run hitter in the minor leagues. He certainly ranked among the best power hitters in the minors, so I would not call that overrated at all. Everything was pointing towards a successful 2013 season. Trading him would have been an error on the part of the Rangers, especially considering Adrian Beltre is now 34.

You consider 28 HR in in 354 ABs to be overrated? Olt had an 7.9% HR rate, better than Wil Myers (7.1%), and 2012's top minor league home run hitter Darin Ruf (7.7%). If he would have gotten as many ABs as Wil Myers (522 ABs) he would have hit 41 HRs, making him the top home run hitter in the minor leagues. He certainly ranked among the best power hitters in the minors, so I would not call that overrated at all. Everything was pointing towards a successful 2013 season. Trading him would have been an error on the part of the Rangers, especially considering Adrian Beltre is now 34.

Just my personal opinion. I believe the Rangers should have traded him when his prospect status was really climbing last year for a solid pitcher. I know what his stats were, but like you said Ruf also mashed and we see Delmon Young getting at bats over him. I just think he was over rated and could end up being a serviceable MLB player, but not a stud. I also am a UCONN alum so you would expect me to be one of the people over rating him.