Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Harsh

The Electronic Fireplace Thread

So did anyone catch the new Game of Thrones? Thoughts?

9734_5d6f.jpeg

So did anyone catch the new Game of Thrones? Thoughts?

The episode was good, but it wasnt really great imo. There is still a lot to go, and the book is being split into two seasons. There is still Joffrey getting married and it only really looked in on Rob's marriage. Good episode, but not great.

The episode was good, but it wasnt really great imo. There is still a lot to go, and the book is being split into two seasons. There is still Joffrey getting married and it only really looked in on Rob's marriage. Good episode, but not great.

Sounds like you're still upset after first reading about it. It's okay, the Twitterverse is on your side. :P

I thought it was pretty good, but I wasn't giving it my full attention so I didn't pick up on any minutiae (body language, pacing, transition, certain dialogue, etc.) which may have irked others. In fact, strangely, I haven't really given any of the episodes my undivided attention since I know exactly how it's panning out. To that end, the show isn't as fulfilling for me as it should be, but through no fault of its own (apart from the inherent disadvantage of it being an adaptation) - I just have the luxury of not having to be fully invested to understand the exact current situation.

I can't wait for the Purple Wedding and a certain showdown between a Mountain and a Viper. The focus swiveling on to Tyrion and the observance of the political machinations whirring in the West over the next season should prove to be highly enjoyable. Like you (unless I'm reading your insinuation incorrectly), I find the Lannisters and those they interact with to be the most captivating sequences.

Sounds like you're still upset after first reading about it. It's okay, the Twitterverse is on your side. :P

I thought it was pretty good, but I wasn't giving it my full attention so I didn't pick up on any minutiae (body language, pacing, transition, certain dialogue, etc.) which may have irked others. In fact, strangely, I haven't really given any of the episodes my undivided attention since I know exactly how it's panning out. To that end, the show isn't as fulfilling for me as it should be, but through no fault of its own (apart from the inherent disadvantage of it being an adaptation) - I just have the luxury of not having to be fully invested to understand the exact current situation.

I can't wait for the Purple Wedding and a certain showdown between a Mountain and a Viper. The focus swiveling on to Tyrion and the observance of the political machinations whirring in the West over the next season should prove to be highly enjoyable. Like you (unless I'm reading your insinuation incorrectly), I find the Lannisters and those they interact with to be the most captivating sequences.

I think Im the exact same way. I just like to watch the series, but know whats already going on. The 9th episode of the season is usually the best, but this one wasn't as good as the past two imo. One being when Stark got his head chopped off which was great and the other being the assault on the kingdom in which Tyrion gets his scar. I just think that, in this case, the characters weren't as big and well rounded(in the show) as Stark and Tyrion therefore the episode wasn't as good. Nothing against the show, hell, i enjoyed the episode whole heartedly it just didn't knock me off my seat like the other two. Its kind of hard though. Making a show and trying to incorporate all of these characters that have been fully developed in the book into one season. Still enjoying the season though.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

tumblr_ma48zd6M141qcaz8oo1_500.png

I have a feeling you will like this video Mr. Harsh.

I have a feeling you will like this video Mr. Harsh.

haha, classic.

1354658597356_large.jpg

Started and caught up on Hannibal. You guys were right. Really good show.

finale!

tumblr_mo2i9csq0X1rq41c0o1_500.png

As with each of the previous season's finales, this one focuses on the aftermath of devastation. In particular, I liked the showdown between Tywin (who knew he's only after saving as many lives as possible? :lol:) and Tyrion, as the sense of revilement was palpable; the culmination of Dany's siege against yet another slave city, if for nothing else but another glimpse of the dragons and *Jorah Mormont; and Ygritte tracking down Jon Snow - makes me never want to date a redhead.

The pork sausage was.... questionable.

*This might have been the greatest show of pathos in the series thus far. The subtlety of it confirms, for me, that Iain Glen is a brilliant actor.

Dany: "Where is Daario?"

Jorah:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9493-1370762348-9.gif

I'm thrilled for a 2nd season of Hannibal, best new show in a while. I really hope the ratings get better because they could do some great things if allowed to go long enough.

I'm thrilled for a 2nd season of Hannibal, best new show in a while. I really hope the ratings get better because they could do some great things if allowed to go long enough.

i really gotta start watching this show.

Graceland! That shows just fun to watch and it had a very good story thus far. Makes me want to keep watching more.

finale!

As with each of the previous season's finales, this one focuses on the aftermath of devastation. In particular, I liked the showdown between Tywin (who knew he's only after saving as many lives as possible? :lol:) and Tyrion, as the sense of revilement was palpable; the culmination of Dany's siege against yet another slave city, if for nothing else but another glimpse of the dragons and *Jorah Mormont; and Ygritte tracking down Jon Snow - makes me never want to date a redhead.

The pork sausage was.... questionable.

*This might have been the greatest show of pathos in the series thus far. The subtlety of it confirms, for me, that Iain Glen is a brilliant actor.

If she looks like this:rose.jpg

Ill take my chances. :wub:

Not a movie, but that Orange is the New Black show on Netflix is pretty good.

Yes it is. Very well produced and directed. The acting is ok, but nothing special.

Yes it is. Very well produced and directed. The acting is ok, but nothing special.

Plus there's lots of boobs and lesbians. I just finished the season last night, I hope there's another.

Are any of you people into Breaking Bad/ super excited about tonight?

Are any of you people into Breaking Bad/ super excited about tonight?

[hank-punch.gif

:lol: Gotta love it.

Havent watched Breaking Bad since after season 1. I probably introduced the show to many of the people i know who still watch it.

Right now on tv Graceland is my show. It has its plot twist and definitely some plot holes, but i love watching it every week nonetheless.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Burn Notice, I thought it was quite an enjoyable series. I also think It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is very clever and funny. And of course Breaking Bad the little that I've seen of it was awesome.

Anyone watch The Jezelnik Offensive? It's hilarious.

New channel FXX, start this year was earlier than its been the last few years which has been late September.

Episode 1 pretty funny, the first two seasons were absolute Gold, Ive got them on my ipad, can watch them over and over again. Seasons 3 and 4, several very good and funny episodes, but at times I thought it had lost its fastball on a few of the episodes.