Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code of Hammurabi

Kyle Lowry 2012-2013 Season Outlook

1,270 posts in this topic

Seems like a good move for the Raps. I'd expect Lowry to retain about 85% or so of his Hou value. I do have some minor concerns about pace with Dwayne Casey at the helm though...

The Rockets are on the verge of trading PG Kyle Lowry to the Raptors for a deal that will include a future lottery pick, according ESPN's Marc Stein.

trading Lowry to pave the way for Lin? I would take Lowry>Lin anyday.

1 person likes this

Lowry going to the Raps makes him a must-have on my draft board. He was the #1 fantasy option on his team and he'll be in Toronto. If he hadn't gotten sick last year, he would have easily finished top 15. I'd take him early as late 2nd round.

I'm not gonna doubt Jeremy Lin's ability.

He'll be a great PG for the Rockets.

Lowry will be a great PG for the Raptors.

and Dragic will be a great PG for the Susn.

All 3 of these guys will be great Fantasy players.

4 if you include Nash.

I see he and Bargs being 1 and 1a interchangebly

Lowry going to the Raps makes him a must-have on my draft board. He was the #1 fantasy option on his team and he'll be in Toronto. If he hadn't gotten sick last year, he would have easily finished top 15. I'd take him early as late 2nd round.

Seems like the Rockets made some bad moves. Why would they give up such great PGs in Lowry and Dragic for practically nothing?

1 person likes this

Bargs has health problems so I think Lowry is a more reliable option. 2 steals and 2 threes a game :D and a triple double threat :blink:

Lowry has never averaged 2 steals per game or 2 3ptm per game. What would change now?

Bargs has health problems so I think Lowry is a more reliable option. 2 steals and 2 threes a game :D and a triple double threat :blink:

I'm not gonna doubt Jeremy Lin's ability.

He'll be a great PG for the Rockets.

Lowry will be a great PG for the Raptors.

and Dragic will be a great PG for the Susn.

All 3 of these guys will be great Fantasy players.

4 if you include Nash.

Great analysis!

1 person likes this

Is Calderon going to be moved or simply backup????

I'm sure he'll be moved, or amnestied as rumored. They've been trying to get rid of him for a couple seasons now. It's a shame. He's good. But not as good as Lowry now.

what is houston doing? very nice pickup for the raps. calderon and bayless' value takes a huge hit ouch

Very real possibility neither are on the roster when the season starts next year. JC is an amnesty possibility and Bayless is a free agent. I cant imagine Bayless wants back in there in TOR.

what is houston doing? very nice pickup for the raps. calderon and bayless' value takes a huge hit ouch

Is Calderon going to be moved or simply backup????

I'm sure he'll be moved, or amnestied as rumored. They've been trying to get rid of him for a couple seasons now. It's a shame. He's good. But not as good as Lowry now.

talk of him going back and playing in spain...

Thought there was talk he longed to be there last year as well (think i read that somewhere).

I planned on keeping lowry in my keeper league...not sure if this helps or hurts that thinking now...

Hmm, Dragic or Lowry now, that is the question.... I think I'll go with Dragic just slightly, but you can't really go wrong either way.

I rate Dragic higher. Better fg%, and more durable. Those are the 2 seperation points in my mind. I am a bit curious so see if Dragic can hold up playing 33 mins per game a frontline starter.

Hmm, Dragic or Lowry now, that is the question.... I think I'll go with Dragic just slightly, but you can't really go wrong either way.

if calderon stays, i would pick dragic. If calderon goes, i would pick lowry. Lowry will have more scoring opportunity in TOR but calderon is no slouch so we all remember the Jack calderon scenario. Phoenix has more offensive weopons. I say dragic has upper hand at this point and probably higher assist numbers with gortat pick and rolls.

I am a bit curious so see if Dragic can hold up playing 33 mins per game a frontline starter.

He managed close to 35 per for the last 2 months of last season's condensed schedule.

why did houston trade lowry now? is the disconnect between mchale and lowry that bad? now the team has a couple of scorers who are use to being spoon fed in their spots (kevmart/scola) and no one to set them up.

needless to say, this is a great deal for the raps. i prefer lowry long term to nash in general.

2 people like this

Small sample size and he was also dinged and banged up a bit down the stretch

I am a bit curious so see if Dragic can hold up playing 33 mins per game a frontline starter.

He managed close to 35 per for the last 2 months of last season's condensed schedule.

Raptors must be in WIN NOW mode to be potentially giving up a top 5 pick, more changes have to be coming otherwise it was a dumb move. Because as the team stands now they're still garbage.

The raps do everything a** backwards. Lowry shoulda been the first target and even though he's a head case I woulda signed Beasley cus we need the scoring. Buuuut we have fields yay!

I'm saying Lowry has the potential to do that. He was playing like a 1st rounder parts of last year.