megamoviejohn

Prestige Worldwide - Dynasty Football

2,217 posts in this topic

Hey guys, here is the list of managers we have at the moment.

If anybody sees any errors or something that looks strange in the settings/rules let me know. Once we find another owner we will be able to get the draft under way!

1. El Iguanodon

2. Ill Will

3. Motorcity Monsters

4. Abusement Park

5. Trailer Park Hose

6. Souther Steeler

7. Robrain

8. I can has Roethlisberger?

9. Purple People Eaters

10. Pack Attack

11. Ill Will's buddy - need his email/name

12. Open

Uh, this is a 2QB league?

Not sure, but I think that's usually most ideal for a 10-team league. Starts to get really, really thin in a 12-team.

If it's like our other league, it's QB + OP (offensive player, any QB/RB/WR/TE), works out awesome for breaking the stranglehold that elite RBs have on a leagues scoring system.

Edit: NM, saw other thread, email PM'd.

Edited by drater
1 person likes this

Does it? Typically I find that QB's outscore RB's by a good amount at the OP position, putting any team that doesn't start 2 QB's at a pretty sizable disadvantage.

If there is another spot available I would be interested.

Of course, just send me your email and I'll invite. Kinda dumb I can't even edit my original post.

Edited by megamoviejohn

Winner of their division gets to name their division for that year. I've always liked that idea.

3 people like this

I went with continuity, TPH. I'll figure out what it stands for later.

So:

When are we thinking of starting the draft?

Is this on offline draft or does Yahoo have an adjustable timed draft system now?

cheers

I figured offline, give people a chance to think a little longer on who they want. Plus there is always somebody who can't make it lol

But it doesn't matter to me, if everyone wants to get on and do it then I'm fine with that as well.

We are missing two owners, I don't know which 2 because the names are all different but if you haven't joined or got an email, please let me know.

I would actually prefer drafting on Yahoo. A convenient time about 6-8:30, or anytime on a weekend, where a good majority of people can make it. Y! also has player rankings where you can rank your players where you would like to draft them just in case you won't be there.

Even if you attend the draft you wont get every player you want, but this way if you miss it you'll have some of your guys like normal. I don't have a problem with doing it on here though. Just wanted to put that in case a vote was taking place or not.

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins

I am good with offline as well just keep in mind there are certain times during the day at work that i have zero access to the internet but shouldn't hold up the draft too long as i would make my pick as soon as i get home or on my lunch break etc.

Joined today... my vote would go for an offline draft. We still have plenty of time before the season starts, and I enjoy the long drawn out nature of these things, and like that it allows for more time before picks, generation of trades, etc... but I'm fine either way.

2 people like this

Yeah, as much as I like a live draft, especially with a dynasty league having the offline draft here on the forums gives everyone time to trade picks and move positions.

Are we allowed to trade picks during the very first draft of a dynasty league?

Fleaflicker has a pretty nice draft set up. We could always use them to do the draft, then move the teams over to Yahoo. Flicker has a 24 hour clock setting for drafting, the draft can be paused as well I believe.

Just a thought. It could make it easier on the commish to keep track of the players being drafted etc.

Yeah, as much as I like a live draft, especially with a dynasty league having the offline draft here on the forums gives everyone time to trade picks and move positions.

Yep

1 person likes this

Yep

Yeah, I see no reason not too. I don't think when we had our initial start up draft we traded very much but with these group of guys we got now, I'm pretty damn excited to get this going.

Some other questions to answer, especially for a dynasty league these things should be set in stone before anything draft-related occurs.

How is the Waiver Priority determined (or are we using a FAAB $ Waiver system)?

Can we trade our Waiver Priority and/or FAAB $?

I'd like to make two suggestions for Waiver settings, if we use a Waiver-only system and not a FAAB system:

1) Initial waiver priority is set in reverse order of the draft. This makes the most sense.

2) At the end of the year, Waiver Order rolls over to the following season exactly as it is. That way, teams aren't forced to try to use their high Waiver Priority at the end of the season on a player that they otherwise would not have burned their Waiver position on.

So, in my example:

End of 2012 Waiver Priority:

1 - Team A

2 - Team C

3 - Team G

4 - Team Z

etc

etc

etc.

Beginning of 2013 Waiver Priority would carry that over identically:

1 - Team A

2 - Team C

3 - Team G

4 - Team Z

etc

etc

etc.

Thus, if you obtain the #1 Waiver Priority towards the end of a season, you're not forced to try to use it before the season ends. If you don't see any players you want to spend it on, you simply hold onto it for the following season.

I think that makes the most sense in a dynasty league.

In terms of drafting preference, most rotoworld based leagues that I've been in have drafted here on the forums with a lot of success, so I see no reason to not do that. I'm not opposed to doing a draft on yahoo if we find a good day and time where at least 3/4 of the league can show up, but to be completely fair to everybody and based on personal preference and past experience, doing the draft on here makes the most sense to me.

2 people like this