megamoviejohn

Prestige Worldwide - Dynasty Football

Tough choice, but had to keep it going:

At 2.01, Maniac All-Stars selects DeMarco Murray, RB, Cowboys.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by LongHorn143

• Like 1

Marshawn Lynch is still available.

That was a steal for Robrain on the pick. Not Murray, but what he gave up to get 2.1 wasnt that much. Great job.

• Like 1

Marshawn Lynch is still available.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I really like what drater is doing as well. Showing patience but will have a SOLID team everywhere once he starts cashing in these picks.

• Like 5

Round 2:

2.01 DeMarco Murray, RB, Cowboys (Maniac All-Stars via TPH via Maniac All-Stars)

2.02 Manassa Mauler - Andrew Luck

2.03 $1000 Bounty - OTC (Yahoo emailed)

2.04 KTOWNRACER

2.05 Southern Steeler

2.06 TPH

2.07 PinkPuffyPrincesses

2.08 Spike Rules!

2.09 Boats 'N Hoes

2.10 Purple Peaople Eaters

2.11 Southern Studs

2.12 El Iguanodon

• Like 1

I really like what drater is doing as well. Showing patience but will have a SOLID team everywhere once he starts cashing in these picks.

That is a good point. He will have a nice full roster by round 5 or so while we are all scrambling for scraps...

You guys are good people. I think that's why msb4 (and not this league) has long been my favorite dynasty league I've participated in.

/no homo (unless that offends someone, then way homo)

Supposed to read "NOW this league"...apparently 6 hours of sleep didn't nothing for my cognitive abilities. It's hard to be patient and keep trading down but picking 9 of the top 66 players should alleviate that pain at some point...

Edit: damn, missed this, nice pick Will!

Round 2

1 - Maniac All-Stars via TPH via Maniac All-Stars - DeMarco Murray RB Cowboys

2 - Manassa Mauler - Andrew Luck QB Colts

3 - $1000 Bounty - OTC

4 - KTOWNRACER

5 - Southern Steeler

6 - TPH

7 - PinkPuffyPrincesses

8 - Spike Rules!

9 - Boats 'N Hoes

10 - Purple Peaople Eaters

11 - Southern Studs

12 - El Iguanodon

Edited by drater
  • Like 1

For anyone wondering why I selected Trent Richardson and DeMarco Murray over some of the other RB names available on the board:

Trent Richardson - 21 years old

DeMarco Murray - 22 years old

Since this is dynasty, that was a large factor into my early picks.

For anyone wondering why I selected Trent Richardson and DeMarco Murray over some of the other RB names available on the board:

Trent Richardson - 21 years old

DeMarco Murray - 22 years old

Since this is dynasty, that was a large factor into my early picks.

Makes sense to me!

I emailed sportsguy as well, so now we wait...probably going to ignore RW until I see an email, so if it gets back to me, somebody PM or email thru league and I'll see it instantly. Thanks!

Obviously it should reach me tonight but I will be out on a fishing charter from 4 AM to about 4 PM tomorrow so I wont have any access. Just a heads up now in case the draft slows...

Kenny Britt arrested for a DUI? Seriously, what is wrong with these athletes! Call a cab, friend, take a limo, car service...its unreal.

Yeah, I looked at it wrong...even if the picks next year arent anything special (say its bottom of the 1st and bottom of the 2nd) those three picks from 4-6 will be solid and really make his team tough.

That being said, if anyone wants to trade me all kinds of picks for my 2.7, please hit me up!

Maybe it's just me but I dont see a reason to send that many picks to just get one back. Drater with the steal in both trades.

I have a specific reasoning but I prefer to wait and explain it post-draft, naturally.

In essence, I started with:

I gave up my

and

2013 1st & 2nd Round picks

to get:

Really not a bad deal on my end either.

A player of either Darren McFadden, Trent Richardson, or DeMarco Murray's caliber (starter/feature back) would undoubtedly be a 1.01 pick in future drafts. So giving up a future 2nd Rounder, and the very last 2012 3rd Rounder (in order to make it happen), to me that was basically a no-brainer. 4.01 was the only one I would have really preferred to keep, as I feel it was the most valuable of the bunch in a sense. But this was never about pick volume for me, it was about quality of the players.

To summarize, basically what I feel I did was give up:

2013 1st Round Draft Pick (unknown draft position)

2013 2nd Round Draft Pick (unknown draft position)

2012 3.12 Draft Pick

2012 4.01 Draft Pick

2012 5.12 Draft Pick

for a guaranteed future:

1.01 Draft Pick

I think that's really how you have to look at it. Most of the players you get in future rookie drafts aren't going to be immediate (huge) producers for your team, except maybe the first three overall picks in the draft. After that, very hit-or-miss, especially in the first year.

It's arguable, certainly that the 3.12, 4.01, and 5.12 draft picks could contain some talented players. My counter-argument about that though, I cannot make until the end of the draft.

Edited by Robrain

You forgot about 6.01 in your analysis.

Maybe it's just me but I dont see a reason to send that many picks to just get one back. Drater with the steal in both trades.

I have a specific reasoning but I prefer to wait and explain it post-draft, naturally.

In essence, I started with:

I gave up my

and

2013 1st & 2nd Round picks

to get:

Really not a bad deal on my end either.

A player of either Darren McFadden, Trent Richardson, or DeMarco Murray's caliber (starter/feature back) would undoubtedly be a 1.01 pick in future drafts. So giving up a future 2nd Rounder, and the very last 2012 3rd Rounder (in order to make it happen), to me that was basically a no-brainer. 4.01 was the only one I would have really preferred to keep, as I feel it was the most valuable of the bunch in a sense. But this was never about pick volume for me, it was about quality of the players.

To summarize, basically what I feel I did was give up:

2013 1st Round Draft Pick (unknown draft position)

2013 2nd Round Draft Pick (unknown draft position)

2012 3.12 Draft Pick

2012 4.01 Draft Pick

2012 5.12 Draft Pick

for a guaranteed future:

1.01 Draft Pick

I think that's really how you have to look at it. Most of the players you get in future rookie drafts aren't going to be immediate (huge) producers for your team, except maybe the first three overall picks in the draft. After that, very hit-or-miss, especially in the first year.

It's arguable, certainly that the 3.12, 4.01, and 5.12 draft picks could contain some talented players. My counter-argument about that though, I cannot make until the end of the draft.

And you gave 6.1

TPH gives 2.01

Maniac All-Stars gives 4.01, 5.12, 6.01, 2013 1st round pick, 2013 2nd round pick

Make it a good one.

Oops, Drater beat me to it...

It will take shape when Drater makes those picks. When he selects those 3 players, then still has 2013 1st and 2nd rounders for DeMarco Murray (I think thats who you took) it will show who got the upper hand.

Also, when you pick in the 3rd round, then again in the 7th...that gap COULD hurt a little

Haha, hmmm, I missed that one in the fine-print. Ah well, that really doesn't change my mind about the trade or my strategy.

How many rounds is it again, like 25?

To each his own...I just wouldn't have done it. We'll see how your season plays out, I may be wrong but McFadden and Murray wouldnt be guys that i'd give away that many picks for.

Oops, Drater beat me to it...

It will take shape when Drater makes those picks. When he selects those 3 players, then still has 2013 1st and 2nd rounders for Darren McFadden (I think thats who you took) it will show who got the upper hand.

Also, when you pick in the 3rd round, then again in the 7th...that gap COULD hurt a little

Fixed that for you.