Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talking Bull

Brandon Lafell 2012 Season Outlook

260 posts in this topic

Don't be shocked when Carolina comes out and runs the ball 35 times to try and keep the Saints offense off the field.

We'll when they're down by 21 lets see how many times they run.

Don't be shocked when Carolina comes out and runs the ball 35 times to try and keep the Saints offense off the field.

We'll when they're down by 21 lets see how many times they run.

Saints outdoors and without their coach are not the same team.

One the coach didn't call the plays last year for about half the season roughly. Two they scored pretty heavily on the 49ers outside so I'm not worried.

Nice stat Dinner with Andre.

For tomorrow's game, I'm expecting it to be high scoring. Both teams should be aggressive. The Panthers D won't be stopping the Saints anytime soon. I mean they struggled with the Bucs in the first half. LaFell should have his chances which is all you can ask for.

You think LaFell has the potential to become the #1 guy in Carolina? Obviously not this year, but Steve Smith has to fall off eventually.

You think LaFell has the potential to become the #1 guy in Carolina? Obviously not this year, but Steve Smith has to fall off eventually.

I think he's more of a lifelong, solid #2 WR.

I think he's more of a lifelong, solid #2 WR.

That fine for me especially with a qb like cam, I think he has a big week this week after cam throws all over the saints d, and they still lose

Nice to see a guy I've been hyping actually play well. Cam is doing what I thought he would in terms of progressing as a passer. Just need to get some more TDs.

Cam was chucking it to this guy deep all the time towards the end of last year. Their is a ton of passing yardage oozing from this offense and LaFell is going to get a big helping of it. If for some reason he is on your waivers, grab him and enjoy a WR2 the rest of the year.

I need LaFell to step up to save my season. (yeah, it's that bad already)

What more can you ask for at the moment? LaFell has and will continue to be fantastic, but to expect him to win weeks is a little outlandish unless the rest of your roster blows up.

I'm about to pick him up! I just hope he gets more TDs.

He had one in two games, I would be pretty happy if he got 8 tds this year, I also think he will have 1000 yards

I'm about to pick him up! I just hope he gets more TDs.

He had one in two games, I would be pretty happy if he got 8 tds this year, I also think he will have 1000 yards

You just convinced me to use ny waiver claim on him... lol

Who else is starting Lafell this week?

i will be, benching Decker for him (like you guys really care to know lol) Expecting a big game for LaFell vs that banged up NYG secondary

95% sure starting him, NYG's pass D is not good. Don't like that it's a Thurs game, short week makes everything more unpredictable, but it's a decent matchup and (knock on wood) so far this year he's been very involved in Car's attack. Loving this dude, am trying to deal some of my bigger name WRs for RB help cause hoping LaFell can be a more than solid WR2, just hoping he gets some RZ targets this week.

He's criminally underowned in my opinion. With Steve Smith showing signs of physical degradation this early in the season, LaFell has huge upside should he ever slide into the WR1 role. And even if he doesn't, he has great chemistry with Cam from the WR2 spot and lets Steve Smith command the defensive attention. I'm not sure how many true WR2's out there are in a better spot than him.

He's criminally underowned in my opinion. With Steve Smith showing signs of physical degradation this early in the season, LaFell has huge upside should he ever slide into the WR1 role. And even if he doesn't, he has great chemistry with Cam from the WR2 spot and lets Steve Smith command the defensive attention. I'm not sure how many true WR2's out there are in a better spot than him.

This. And I love him for keepers also because eventually he will overtake smith

I think he blows up this week. Yes it's Thursday and they've all been pretty sloppy so far. But maybe with less game planning by the defenses we'll see another shootout. Plus the Giants are terrible in the secondary and Cam should be able to avoid the pressure. I'm saying 100 and 2 TD's. I'm starting him over Jennings. I'm very bullish on him this week.