Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnonymousRob

Daniel Straily 2012 Season Outlook

536 posts in this topic

A's reportedly called up Straily. He tore up the minors this year. Grab him if you need an arm and the ww is thin!

1 person likes this

According to Jeff Fletcher of Bay Bridge Baseball, the Athletics are calling up prospect Dan Straily.

Straily has registered a superb 2.60 ERA, 0.97 WHIP and 175/37 K/BB ratio across 138 1/3 innings this season between Double-A Midland and Triple-A Sacramento. The 23-year-old right-hander will be worth owning in most fantasy leagues if he's going to be given a rotation spot. The A's have yet to make anything official.

Any word on when his 1st start is so I can figure out if I'd actually use him?

NM - Not in the player database for yahoo/espn. I now remember that from reading his milb thread.

#1 WW, have to choose between him or Olt. Feel like I'm leaning Straily. Video game numbers in the minor leagues...

I'm more excited about this kid's call up than Olt's.

Agreed. Pitching in Oakland helps any pitcher. But in the PCL this season, Straily pitched 53 innings, had a 1.36 era, 14 walks, and 67 strikeouts.

Any word on when his 1st start is so I can figure out if I'd actually use him?

NM - Not in the player database for yahoo/espn. I now remember that from reading his milb thread.

I hope like heck he's going into the rotation. A few guys have been pitching over their heads. But it's not clear at this time if he's going to slide into a relief role or a starting spot. So it's impossible to answer your question.

Big thanks to avatoot for bringing this guy to everyone's attention in the MiLB forum long before he got attention on the national level.

1 person likes this

Taking one of Colon or Blackley's rotation spot.

Is that confirmed or speculation?

any idea as to when ESPN will add him?

Yes, 12:47 pm.

2 people like this

Really would like to know if this kid is going to be in the rotation. Although, I'm thinking if they called him up, he'll probably be starting.

any idea as to when ESPN will add him?

Yes, 12:47 pm.

:lol:

I believe that Colon/Blackley comment is speculation. I've read nothing on that front. If they were going to replace anyone, I'd look Blackley/Milone. It's also possible they'll go to a six man rotation. FWIW, he was supposed to pitch today in the minors.

Hot damn! I've been waiting for this. This guy has looked amazing in the minors all year.

1 person likes this

he threw 160 innings last year so I assume he'd be good with 190 this year which would let him start this year up til the end of September-ish.

Hopefully he's in there for Blackley, Milone or Colon.

blackely or colon would be the ones.

Once again, is that confirmed or not?

If not we do not want to spread mis-information. If he is called up and joining the pen then someone may have burned a pick up on him.

I just said that in response to the people talking about who he would replace. That is purely my opinion on the matter.

Wasn't trying to say it was confirmed info or anything, just chiming in to the discussion.

Geesh, the A's have some pretty decent options from 6 different starting pitchers. They should be kicking themselves for not dealing Colon at the deadline. A lot of teams could have used him and could have probably netted them a half way decent prospect or two in return.

1 person likes this

Someone on twitter says he is pitching tomorrow. That would be Blackley's spot.