Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hungry cow

Why don't the playoffs get moved foreward?

I got eliminated in the semi-finals in 3 leagues by 1 catagory or less where I completly dominated all year before being decimated by injuries for the playoffs. In another I lost even though we tied 4 to 4 and I had the higher seed! Does anyone else hate H2H after this season? They need to move the playoffs up a few weeks, last year was bad enough with star players randomly getting sat on the bench everywhere and this year half the league got injured. If they had the playoffs 3 or 4 weeks earlier it would be much more fair for everyone.

It doesn't matter. The same thing would have happened to other people 3 or 4 weeks ago. Guys like Miller, Pierce, Arenas, Johnson, Wade, Allen, Butler, A Jeff, and so on weren't benched b/c the season was ending. They just got hurt, and most of them at the wrong time for H-2-H owners. Sure the end of the season has somewhat to do with whether or not they'll be rushed back, but in most cases it was an issue of timing. Owners of guys like Ming and Okafor would argue against you.

You want to take the luck or injury factor out of it (at least somewhat), then play roto. One guy in one of my leagues dominated all year long with a lineup that included Allen, M Miller, C Butler, Ming, Roy, and both Williams'. What happened this week? Ming returns while the rest of his team is out for at least a game or two. Bounced out in week one of the playoffs. Wouldn't have mattered in a roto league, where things where likely to have been wrapped up. As it turns out, the luck factor got to him.

No decent player is going to allow stars' DNPs to hold him back, because if he's losing the final with three or four game days left, he's going to start streaming like it's Kingdom come, anyway. Besides, there are three categories (FG%, FT% and TO) that can be managed even with a player-game disadvantage. It takes skill and forethought, that's all.

I just hope I have a large enough lead on April 17, that I don't have to drop Nash and Barbosa for April 18. It'd be wrong for them not to be on my final roster. LMFAO.

I play in a custom league where we moved the play offs up for 10 days, so we finished it on Sunday. I think it's great not to play the Championship week when many players sit to rest for the play offs. You still can get a player injured, maybe two, but that's part of H2H leagues. What it bothers me is things like Nowitzki not playing tonight (wednesday) to rest ... i understand it, but if he was my star player on a Championship week it would surely bother me.

i've said it before and now with garnett down,championship week is a joke now

C'mon guys, it's always fun to see your Crag Smith going up against your opponent's Austin Croshere after almost one entire season of KG vs. Dirk!

Martell Webster subbing in for Iguodala vs. Francisco Garcis subbing in for Kevin Martin is great too!

My team has dominated the whole year going 1st or 2nd most of the time only to lose at the semis, I've lost Wade, Arenas, Bogut, Lee and Chandler and that's tough. I would say that's just my luck and I can only blame the injuries which are expected. I just got hit hard, end of story.

As for making the playoffs weeks earlier, I think I'll agree with that because teams that rest their stars just because they have already secured a PO spot or they're somehow tanking games to get to the top of the draft --- SUCKS.

I'd say the current playoff sked doesn't reflect the teams that played most of the run that got them to where they are now. Some would argue that playoffs are all about getting the "hot" guys (more of replacement guys) but wouldn't it be more exciting if your big gunners that you struggled to get in trades or ww that put you to where you are now are the ones battling for you in the PO? ... just my opinion