Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYR Fan 116894

Arian Foster Or Ray Rice

Which RB would you rather have this season, Ray Rice or Arian Foster? It is a 10 team PPR league, and the league rewards one full point per reception.

On one hand with Foster, this is a guy who has been a very dominant RB the past seasons. He led the league in rushing yards two seasons back, and the Texans have developed into a fine running team now. However, with the injury to Foster early last season, that has led to the emergence of Ben Tate. Will Tate be taking some touches away from Foster, now that they see that Tate is a capable RB? Or will it keep Foster more fresh and healthy? The other thing that worries me is the fact that with Schaub and Andre Johnson healthy for a full season, that may lead to a bit less rushes for Foster. Foster will catch passes, but if everyone is healthy, doesn't that mean less touches for Foster? Or will that open up space for a player like Foster, in other words, opposing defenses would need to worry about a player like Andre Johnson. The other thing is that he is now a vegan, although I personally don't think that will affect him.

On the other hand, Ray Rice is a very large part of that Ravens offense. He'll run the ball very well, plus he can be a factor in the passing game too. Rice caught 70+ passes last season, so he is obviously a PPR machine. I believe he also ran for 1,300 yards last season, and now that he is the lone back in Baltimore, the TD's are piling in as well.

What do you think? Am I over analyzing this, or is their truth to what I'm saying? I like both RB's, I'd be happy with either of them, but who would you rather have in a PPR league?

They found out Ben Tate was a capable back the first 3 weeks last year, and it didn't affect their using of Foster when he came back healthy. Foster still tore it up. If anything this is good news. Draft Foster, and then get Tate later in the 8th or 9th and you are absolutely set at 1 RB position.

And Schaub/Johnson aren't a threat to Foster either. I hope Schaub and Johnson do re-kindle their careers and have great years. It makes this offense all the more capable and balanced to generate TONS of TD's this year.

Ray Rice is just as fair a pick. It's very close, but I take Foster. I don't by any of the docks on fantasy value people are trying to put on him this year.

But that's the thing. The Texans were forced to run the ball more last season, since their passing game wasn't too good with Andre Johnson injured often last season, and Schaub going down with his injury also. Now that they have all of them back this season, along with the emergence of Tate, doesn't that mean less touches for Foster? Or will it keep him more fresh and healthy for the entire season?

Don't misunderstand me, I like Arian Foster, along with Ray Rice. The problem is that I don't know which one to pick.

Foster, but go with your gut

^THIS^

I have Foster ranked #2 overall and Rice at #3. They're both elite backs. Just go with whoever feels like a better pick.

^THIS^

I have Foster ranked #2 overall and Rice at #3. They're both elite backs. Just go with whoever feels like a better pick.

Does that means that you have McCoy #1?

I think both have similar upside.

If you can get Tate for a reasonable price, having Foster instead of Rice is a added bonus b/c no matter what happens you will have an RB1 in either Foster, or if he gets hurt, Tate

Whenever i'm not completely sure, i'll take a look at their schedules, especially their playoff schedules. I know its hard to predict what's going to happen but if one guy is playing the Ravens, Steelers and the other guy is playing the Colts and whoever else, then maybe you want to go with the other guy.

^THIS^

Does that means that you have McCoy #1?

Yes sir.

It is probably a horse a piece on Foster or Rice, i say Foster just for the fact that he missed i think 4 games last year and he still put up some pretty damn good numbers scored 10 td had 1200 yds rushing 50 some catches, just imgaine what he wouldve had if he didnt miss those games, his numbers probably wouldve been close if not better than Rices numbers....this is just my 2 cents

I am assuming you have the #1 overall pick, which I also have in a ppr league. I have Foster #1 overall, but I am taking Ray Rice and here is why:

I have done extensive mock drafts and my conclusion is that you cannot safely get Tate unless you take him with your 4th, 5th connected picks. He has not been there for me in the 6,7th. That said, I think that is too high of a pick to have to use to handcuff when Ray Rice in a ppr is basically just as good anyways and you get to spend that on another starter. I was also doing 12 team mocks so maybe you can get Tate earlier. I just don't like wasting the roster slot on Tate when Foster and Rice are so similar anyways.

I guess I can't go wrong with either, but in my opinion, I doubt Tate is going to steal carries from Foster. He may, but the Texans just signed Foster to a large contract, meaning that they are committed to him. Foster will still get his 20 carries a game, and having a player like Tate keeps Foster fresh and healthy for an entire year.

Another question that has been bothering me, and I know it sounds stupid, but do you think the whole vegan diet will affect Foster? I seem to find more questions about Foster then I do about Rice, but I'm still interested in both.

Foster and this isn't close. He's a Priest Holmes, prime LT type talent on a team that will run a ton and give him 300 carries minimum and 50 receptions minimum with his actual totals likely to be more like 310/70.

These last two years, especially this year now that it's been almost 3 seasons and Foster has proven he's not a fluke, remind me of LT in his prime ironically, when a lot of people seemed to be looking for whatever excuses they could find to take someone other then LT with the #1 overall for maybe 3 seasons there between 04 and 07.

I don't take Rice over McCoy.

i like foster the best but you cant go wrong with any of the top 3 backs

The Houston passing game will come alive this year, BUT IT WONT HURT FOSTER'S VALUE. They will pass it more, but they won't be pass-happy. Don't be mistaken, this offense is centered around making Arian Foster successful, and that's why he's my no 1 pick. If Tate is running the ball it's because he's spelling Foster and keeping him fresh and 100%. And why do you think Foster is screwed even if they do pass it more this year? I remember PLENTY of passes that Foster caught for large chunks of yardage and TD's. He's a classic double threat that will thrive to say the least. He's an outright no1 pick with McCoy/Rice right behind him, then a huge dropoff.

I am assuming you have the #1 overall pick, which I also have in a ppr league. I have Foster #1 overall, but I am taking Ray Rice and here is why:

I have done extensive mock drafts and my conclusion is that you cannot safely get Tate unless you take him with your 4th, 5th connected picks. He has not been there for me in the 6,7th. That said, I think that is too high of a pick to have to use to handcuff when Ray Rice in a ppr is basically just as good anyways and you get to spend that on another starter. I was also doing 12 team mocks so maybe you can get Tate earlier. I just don't like wasting the roster slot on Tate when Foster and Rice are so similar anyways.

huh? cant you just get that other good starter when you draft foster as well? this seems like silly reasoning when rice doesnt even have a handcuff. so you dont wanna grab fosters handcuff too early to protect yourself from injury yet you dont mind not drafting a handcuff at all for rice to protect you as well?

Anyone else have a suggestion of which player I should take?

This again - 3 weeks later. :P

I have the #1 pick in a 12 team redraft and I'm really having trouble deciding between Foster and Rice. I feel like Foster is slightly better but as soon as I take him I have the pressure of grabbing Tate before anyone else does. So in effect, I am spending the number 1 pick plus probably a 7th rounder to own Foster.

Rice on the other hand has no real handcuff. So if I take Rice I can just take what the draft presents me in the middle rounds and not worry about backing him up.

Am I looking at this backwards? Should I just put on my big-boy pants, draft Foster and not stress about getting Tate. If I get him at a decent price ok - but if not oh well?

What would you do?

Thanks