Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JM80

Which 5 Minor league players should I KEEP?

I need to keep 5 minor league players for next year.Which 5 should I keep?

1. Chase Headley 3B (Padres)

2. Adam Miller SP (Indians)

3. Adam Jones OF (Mariners)

4. Elvis Andrus SS (Rangers)

5. Wladimir Balentien OF (Mariners)

6. Ian Kennedy SP (Yankees)

7. Eric Patterson 2B (Cubs)

Thanks for the help.

Headley, Miller, Jones, Kennedy and Andrus.

I would cut Balentien and Patterson.

If this is only short run and you can't keep them past this year, then sub balentien for Andrus.

Headley, Miller, Jones, Kennedy and Andrus.

I would cut Balentien and Patterson.

If this is only short run and you can't keep them past this year, then sub balentien for Andrus.

Here is a link to my major league roster in the league: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=29589

The league is a keeper league that eventually will turn into a dynasty league several years from now. So, I can keep them as long as I want too but we can only keep 5 minor leaguers going into next season.

Then I would say my original five. I dont see Balentien or Patterson having the upside of the other five.

I need to keep 5 minor league players for next year.Which 5 should I keep?

1. Chase Headley 3B (Padres)

2. Adam Miller SP (Indians)

3. Adam Jones OF (Mariners)

4. Elvis Andrus SS (Rangers)

5. Wladimir Balentien OF (Mariners)

6. Ian Kennedy SP (Yankees)

7. Eric Patterson 2B (Cubs)

Thanks for the help.

I'd say Headley, Miller, Jones, and Kennedy all for sure. Balentien will have a much quicker impact than Andrus. Balentien might not start out with a starting gig next year but he should finish with one. Andrus is 2 - 3 years away, he's very young and very raw. Patterson is a tough cut too at 2B because he had such a good year at triple A. But he's got a lot of competition to beat out if he is going to play every day.

I would drop the two outfielders.

I think Wlad is a 20 to 25 HR guy with a ton of strikeouts and crappy batting average.

I am not high on Jones as his walk to strikeout ratio has always been terrible. He has struck out over 30% of his big league at bats and walked 4% of the time. He is the next Mike Kelly. Never heard of him. He was a bust with tools that couldn't make contact either. He also struck out 25% of the time in the minors and his stats were inflated because of the joke of the hitters league he was in.

I also think OF are much easier to get in most leagues. I think this is a no brainer.