Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thats Ridiculous

Lakers 2012-2013 Season Thread

Anyone knows what is going on with Dwight. Third game in a row turning out to be a stinker

It's your punishment for most likely selecting him in the first two rounds of your fantasy draft. The fantasy gods have spoken.

Anyone knows what is going on with Dwight. Third game in a row turning out to be a stinker

It's your punishment for most likely selecting him in the first two rounds of your fantasy draft. The fantasy gods have spoken.

Sure, but is anyone watching the game and can comment why Jamison has 10 rebounds yet Dwight is yet again not rebounding

Anyone knows what is going on with Dwight.

Mike D'Antoni

yea it is d'antoni. run and gun. no running and posting..fml

lol. dont worry about dwight howard. once nash is back, dwight will be in the mix.

i dont think the non-laker fans here realize that dwight is physically shot. he is nowhere near where he was with the magic athletically. hes coming off of back surgery, give him some time.

i dont think the non-laker fans here realize that dwight is physically shot. he is nowhere near where he was with the magic athletically. hes coming off of back surgery, give him some time.

This. We see spurts. We see moments of the old Dwight. Sometimes a whole quarter or two strung together. I do know it's coming. He had some big moments in the last game, and a few in this one as well.

I don't think the Laker fan here realizes that Dwight averaged 20.0 points, 11.4 rebounds, 2.7 blocks, 1 steal, and .608 FG shooting under Brown/Bickerstaff.

right...and lakers were like 1-4 when he was averaging those numbers. they were mostly open layups that bounced to him or spoon-fed dunks. if u actually watched him play, ud realize what we're saying about him not being physically right.

right...and lakers were like 1-4 when he was averaging those numbers. they were mostly open layups that bounced to him or spoon-fed dunks. if u actually watched him play, ud realize what we're saying about him not being physically right.

If he was in the poor physical condition you make him out to be, he wouldn't have been able to fight for position to get those easy buckets to begin with.

If he was in the poor physical condition you make him out to be, he wouldn't have been able to fight for position to get those easy buckets to begin with.

No, you are wrong. What else can i say? We disagree.

On a good note, I'm glad this thread was combined with the last one. Gave me an opportunity to revisit my thoughts going into the season on "Coach" Brown.

On a good note, I'm glad this thread was combined with the last one. Gave me an opportunity to revisit my thoughts going into the season on "Coach" Brown.

I'm sorry you think that, so I'll leave your mind to chew on these two scenarios:

- Center puts up 20+/10+ with 2+ blocks even though he's nowhere near 100% as you guys say, but coincidentally lets his health get ahold of him as soon as the coaching change was made

- Center begins to struggle as soon as a faster-paced coach replaces a halfcourt, defense-minded coach

Which one is more plausible and logical?

I'm sorry you think that, so I'll leave your mind to chew on these two scenarios:

- Center puts up 20+/10+ with 2+ blocks even though he's nowhere near 100% as you guys say, but coincidentally lets his health get ahold of him as soon as the coaching change was made

- Center begins to struggle as soon as a faster-paced coach replaces a halfcourt, defense-minded coach

Which one is more plausible and logical?

Both can be true. I'm not arguing whether D'Antoni will be good or bad for Dwight. The only thing I'm arguing is whether he is fully healthy.

Both can be true. I'm not arguing whether D'Antoni will be good or bad for Dwight. The only thing I'm arguing is whether he is fully healthy.

I guess I should re-word myself, then. I'm not saying that Dwight is 100% healthy, but he's certainly not in a condition where it's solely responsible for his poor play. Now_I_Know made it seem like his recent string of games was because of his poor health even though Dwight clearly was able to pull out some phenomenal games to start the year.

I guess I should re-word myself, then. I'm not saying that Dwight is 100% healthy, but he's certainly not in a condition where it's solely responsible for his poor play. Now_I_Know made it seem like his recent string of games was because of his poor health even though Dwight clearly was able to pull out some phenomenal games to start the year.

I hear ya. We didn't disagree that much after all.

lol...even under brown/bickerstaff, he had a couple games in which he went 6+8 and 13+8.....besides that, it's not something i'm making up myself, it's a common notion around the league that he is not close to full health. if u watched the games, then u'd hear the commentators constantly noting that his lift and strength are clearly not quite there yet. but forget the commentators, just watch for yourself. you must be a box-score watcher if u claim he's anywhere close to full strength, coming off of back surgery (which was potentially supposed to sideline him until january). what makes it most obvious is the fact that he's laying it up a lot in instances where he woulda dunked it in previous seasons. also, losing jump balls, rebounds he woulda easily had in the past, etc.,,and yes, it is the main reason he's been struggling (even before the d'antoni hire). if u only look at box-scores, spare urself the reply.

lol...even under brown/bickerstaff, he had a couple games in which he went 6+8 and 13+8.....besides that, it's a common notion that he is not close to full health. if u watched the games, then u'd hear the commentators constantly noting that his lift and strength is not quite there yet. but forget the commentators, just watch for yourself. you clearly are a box-score watcher if u claim he's at full strength coming off of back surgery (which was potentially supposed to sideline him until january). what makes it most obvious is the fact that he's laying it up a lot in instances where he woulda dunked it in previous seasons. also, losing jump balls, rebounds he woulda easily had in the past, etc. if u only look at box-scores, spare urself the reply.

The fact that he had those two games and still managed 20/11.4 is even more impressive.

Also, I never said he wasn't at full health. It's comical that you blame his poor performances on his health though.

lol...even under brown/bickerstaff, he had a couple games in which he went 6+8 and 13+8.....besides that, it's a common notion that he is not close to full health. if u watched the games, then u'd hear the commentators constantly noting that his lift and strength is not quite there yet. but forget the commentators, just watch for yourself. you clearly are a box-score watcher if u claim he's at full strength coming off of back surgery (which was potentially supposed to sideline him until january). what makes it most obvious is the fact that he's laying it up a lot in instances where he woulda dunked it in previous seasons. also, losing jump balls, rebounds he woulda easily had in the past, etc. if u only look at box-scores, spare urself the reply.

The fact that he had those two games and still managed 20/11.4 is even more impressive.

Also, I never said he wasn't at full health. It's comical that you blame his poor performances on his health though.

have u ever been injured? you may feel good for some spurts, but that pain will always creep up on you at one point or another. meaning, you wont be able to play your best 100% of the time. remember brandon roy in his last playoff stint with portland? just the fact that i need to explain all this is pretty awkward LOL. and the fact that you dont think that recovering from surgery has something to do with him being athletically weaker/less mobile than he's ever been is the only thing comical in all this.

I don't know why you're still pressing the health issue when I just said this word-for-word last post: "I never said he wasn't at full health".......

But regardless, if it makes you feel better thinking that D12's health suddenly gave way as soon as D'Antoni took over, then go ahead. I mean, ignore all the frustrations Pau and Dwight have expressed as they adjust to D'Antoni's faster-paced offense. Ignore the fact that D12's averages of 20/11.4 immediately plunged to 13.0/8.8 when D'Antoni took over. Go ahead and ignore all the facts, because after all, facts aren't important, right?

ballsohard is right....

most good bigs thrive in half court sets. thats because they are typically involved more in the play and have a lot of opportunities for putbacks AND o.rebs. with dantoni, youd think dwights numbers wouldnt drop that much though. dwight is still a pretty mobile big, and is damn good at the pick and roll. if amare put up elite numbers, dwight can put up pretty similar numbers IMO.