Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thats Ridiculous

Lakers 2012-2013 Season Thread

ballsohard is right....

most good bigs thrive in half court sets. thats because they are typically involved more in the play and have a lot of opportunities for putbacks AND o.rebs. with dantoni, youd think dwights numbers wouldnt drop that much though. dwight is still a pretty mobile big, and is damn good at the pick and roll. if amare put up elite numbers, dwight can put up pretty similar numbers IMO.

The key issue here is that Amare actually had a sort of mid-range game, while Dwight doesn't. He's entirely limited to post opportunities and second chance buckets, and neither of them come easily in an offense like D'Antoni's. I think once Nash is back, he'll do some damage with the pick and roll like you said, and his numbers will surely go back up. But until then, it'll be a rough ride.

ballsohard is right....

most good bigs thrive in half court sets. thats because they are typically involved more in the play and have a lot of opportunities for putbacks AND o.rebs. with dantoni, youd think dwights numbers wouldnt drop that much though. dwight is still a pretty mobile big, and is damn good at the pick and roll. if amare put up elite numbers, dwight can put up pretty similar numbers IMO.

The key issue here is that Amare actually had a sort of mid-range game, while Dwight doesn't. He's entirely limited to post opportunities and second chance buckets, and neither of them come easily in an offense like D'Antoni's. I think once Nash is back, he'll do some damage with the pick and roll like you said, and his numbers will surely go back up. But until then, it'll be a rough ride.

I dont think his numbers will be that bad honestly, nor do I think there will be a difference. I think you may be forgetting he has kobe, and gasol on his team.

Not Ryan Anderson, Jameer Nelson, and J-Rich ha ha.

How about that lakers game yesterday?

Great all around performance, especially from the bench. I hope Jamison and Meeks keeps shooting lights out.

And I can't even imagine how the lake show will be once Nash is back.. Looks pretty scary to me.

That 3 pointer by Dwight was awesome.

67675_546082238753638_1132171414_n.jpg

Magic players had inflated stat lines against the Lakers. Are the Lakers turning into the new Nelson-era Warriors? ;)

I'm a 6'1 white guy with a 4 inch vertical and I think that I might be able to block Pau.

So soft...

I love the ESPN headline

Kobe Tells Gasol To "Put Your Big-Boy Pants On"

So they're now 3-4 with D'An on the bench?

They were averaging 101.5 PPG before, and now 101 PPG

I'm a 6'1 white guy with a 4 inch vertical and I think that I might be able to block Pau.

So soft...

I love the ESPN headline

Kobe Tells Gasol To "Put Your Big-Boy Pants On"

So they're now 3-4 with D'An on the bench?

They were averaging 101.5 PPG before, and now 101 PPG

More proof their firing of Mike Brown was totally uncalled for. Still feel bad for the more than capable coach.

"We just have to be a more dynamic team," said Mike D'Antoni. "We're slow right now. Athletically, we're struggling against young teams that just run up and down."

You think, Mike?

man, as a laker fan ever since 96, i think this is the most saddest (if thats a word) season i've ever witnessed, with all this talent and they lose to teams like Magic, Kings??? + at home???? you gotta be kiddin me, the defense is just awful and theyre so lazy....smh, hope they turn it around if they wanna even think about keeping Dwight for next season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-lakers-lose-magic-ll-kick-everybody-a**-162710045--nba.html;_ylt=AlpxXMw_tB2PqgfrTs0C5F2kvLYF

lols

kobe is such a scrub. cries about losing, management goes out and buys him a god damn all star team and they still suck

seasons just underway and this guy is already crying haha

love how this guy is never shy about throwing his teammates under the bus.

hope they tank this year so that fanboys can finally put an end to the MJ comparisons because this guy is no where near the caliber of player MJ was.

Posted · Hidden by Tarheels_2433, December 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Tarheels_2433, December 4, 2012 - No reason given

lols

kobe is such a scrub. cries about losing, management goes out and buys him a god damn all star team and they still suck

seasons just underway and this guy is already crying haha

love how this guy is never shy about throwing his teammates under the bus.

hope they tank this year so that fanboys can finally put an end to the MJ comparisons because this guy is no where near the caliber of player MJ was.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqjv5j6CVY1qidtfx.gif

MJ used to chew out his teammates, too... IN PRACTICE.

his a scrub beacause he told his teammates to step it up???

hes a scrub because ive yet to hear this guy ever claim ownership for losing...hes always quick to put the blame on his teammates.

hes the face and leader of their franchise...a bit more class would go a long way...considering that hes been a cog in 5 store bought championships.

when lakers lose its kobes fault. when he wins championships its because of the team around him. its getting old

when lakers lose its kobes fault. when he wins championships its because of the team around him. its getting old

He deserves both credit and blame! Which is why it's frustrating for some of us when he calls out his teammates publicly when things aren't going well.

He deserves both credit and blame! Which is why it's frustrating for some of us when he calls out his teammates publicly when things aren't going well.

pau is the one struggling not kobe so he called him out. do any of you guys remember when MJ was in the league? he would always keep his team mates in check. kobe and MJ have the exact same attitude and thats why they are winners. but no one seems to mention that

pau is the one struggling not kobe so he called him out. do any of you guys remember when MJ was in the league? he would always keep his team mates in check. kobe and MJ have the exact same attitude and thats why they are winners. but no one seems to mention that

Did MJ call out his teammates in the media? I know he was very tough on them but my recollection was that he did it in practice, not blabbing to the media.

Of course, MJ didn't really go through a stretch like this, between years 3 and 12 his teams were really, really good.

Did MJ call out his teammates in the media? I know he was very tough on them but my recollection was that he did it in practice, not blabbing to the media.

Of course, MJ didn't really go through a stretch like this, between years 3 and 12 his teams were really, really good.

http://escobar300.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/michael-jordan-quotesripping-his-teamates/

"winners always want the ball when the game is on the line" - gene hackmen (the replacements) ;)

http://escobar300.wo...g-his-teamates/

My favorite:

Quote:

“I hope there’s a jumpshot in there.” – Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box