Sign in to follow this  
Robrain

Game Of Thrones (Dynasty Football League)

"Alone, You Are Mighty. Together, You Are Legends."

Welcome to the Game of Thrones dynasty league.

This is a 12-team Dynasty League. Starting roster settings are as follows:

QB:

WR1:

WR2:

WR3:

RB1:

RB2:

TE:

FLEX1:

FLEX2:

K:

DEF:

Bench:

BN01

BN02

BN03

BN04

BN05

BN06

BN07

BN08

BN09

BN10

BN11

BN12

That's a total of 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and 2 FLEX spots.

FLEX Spots are WR/RB/TE.

Along with 12 bench spots.

Scoring Settings:

Fractional scoring is in effect.

This league is a full-point PPR league. That means:

Each Reception = 1 point

Passing:

30 yards = 1 point

1 TD = 6 points

Receiving:

10 yards = 1 point

1 TD = 6 points

1 Reception = 1 point

Rushing:

10 yards = 1 point

1 TD = 6 points

BONUSES:

300 passing yards = 1 point

350 passing yards = 2 points

400 passing yards = 3 points

100 receiving yards = 1 point

150 receiving yards = 2 points

200 receiving yards = 3 points

100 rushing yards = 1 point

150 rushing yards = 2 points

200 rushing yards = 3 points

100 return yards = 1 point

150 return yards = 2 points

200 return yards = 3 points

RETURN YARDS:

25 yards = 1 point

1 TD = 6 points

NEGATIVE POINTS:

Fumble Lost = -2

Interception Thrown = -2

Field Goals:

0-39 yards = 3 points

40-49 yards = 4 points

50+ yards = 5 points

Field Goals MISSED:

0-29 yards = -3 points

30-49 yards = -1 point

Point After Attempt MADE = 1 point

Point After Attempt MISSED = -1 point

DEFENSE:

1 Sack = 2 points

1 Fumble Recovery = 3 Points

1 Interception = 3 points

1 Safety = 2 points

1 Blocked Kick = 2 points

Defensive TD = 6

Return TD = 6 points

10 Return Yards = 1 point

Points Allowed:

0 points allowed = 10 points

1-6 points allowed = 8 points

7-13 points allowed = 6 points

14-20 points allowed = 3 points

21-27 points allowed = 0 points

28-34 points allowed = -5 points

35+ points allowed = -10 points

All TDs are worth 6 points.

Down the line, we may add IDP slots to the starting roster requirements, but that would be in a future season. I will most likely only implement that if it is voted "Yes" by 3/4 majority of the managers.

Playoff Weeks will be 14, 15, and 16 (8 teams).

DRAFT:

The initial draft to fill the rosters will be a snake draft. To keep the draft moving, in order to complete it prior to the start of the NFL regular season, it will simply be a standard draft.

As much as I love trading players and picks, no trading will be allowed to occur during the initial draft due to time constraints. You (and I) can make all the trades we desire after everyone's rosters have been filled.

For future seasons, there will be a 4-Round draft that occurs prior to the start of the regular season. That will be split into a 2-Round Rookie Draft, followed by a 2-Round FA/Rookie Draft.

The 4-Round Draft will be a non-snake draft. That means, whoever has the #1 overall pick has the #1 overall pick for Rookie Round 1, Rookie Round 2, FA Round 1, and FA Round 2. Your position stays the same throughout all Rounds of the draft.

Players and picks will be able to be traded during future seasons Rookie/FA Drafts. The only reason we're not allowing that for this initial draft, again, is due to time constraints.

Also, as far as trading picks goes, you can trade a maximum of one year ahead. That means during the 2012 season, you can trade 2012 and 2013 draft picks. During the 2013 season, you can trade 2013 and 2014 draft picks. Etc...

I will update this section later with the exact method by which future draft orders will be determined.

WAIVERS:

The initial draft to fill rosters will be a snake draft. Initial waiver priority will be the reverse order of Round 1 of the draft.

If Team A draft #1 overall, he has the last position on the initial waiver priority list.

Likewise, Team L, drafting last at #12 in the draft, would have the highest (#1) position on the initial waiver priority list.

PLEASE NOTE: the Waiver priority list from the prior season will be carried over to the following season. IT DOES NOT RESET. That means, if you end the season with the #4 Waiver priority, you start the following season with that exact same Waiver priority (#4). You do not lose your position. This way, you are not forced to choose a player simply because your Waiver priority will "expire" at the end of the season. If you don't see a player that you would normally spend your Waiver claim on, simply don't use it and it will be carried over to the following season.

TRADES:

Prior to the time when trading is allowed to occur, I will expand this section with a very detailed set of rules regarding the specific requirements that constitutes an official trade.

But to explain in short for now, any trade will require written confirmation by both parties in the Yahoo! league forum "Trade Thread".

If you do not have confirmation from BOTH parties in that specific public forum thread, there is no trade.

This is to prevent any possible confusion over accidental trades, disputes, etc. If both parties cannot simply agree to a trade in public, there can be no trade.

Integrity is going to be on you. That means, if you tell someone something over PM/email, and then you go back on your word and refuse to confirm it in the forums, you're very likely burning bridges with that particular manager. Do it enough times with different managers, and you won't have anyone left to trade with, hurting your team in the long run.

Ultimately, you will reap what you sow in this league, so be quite aware of that while engaging in trade talks.

BTW, I'm not here to manage anyone else's team for them. There will be no restrictions on what players/picks you can include in a trade. It's up to you to manage your team as you see fit, and that includes making trades as you see fit.

PERSONAL CONDUCT:

Problems can occur when managers take things too far. This usually begins with personal attacks on one another. Because of this, inflammatory remarks aimed at another manager will not be tolerated.

Some examples of clearly inflammatory remarks (each of the following was referring to another manager):

"You f-ck-n p-ssy"

"Bunch of sissy girls. Stop crying you estrogen overloaded pansys. Grow a pair and stop bitchin."

"He can go suck a bag of d-cks."

I'm all for freedom of speech. That said, there's a minimum level of civility that should be maintained. If you're about to post something vulgar, you should rethink the need to post it in our league forums.

I'm not outlawing "curse words". What I am saying is, keep the smack talk about the teams/players/league, not personal attacks on the managers themselves. Insults unrelated to the league, that are aimed at another manager are NOT smack talk. If you don't understand the difference, here are some more examples:

"Jay Cutler blows" is acceptable smack talk.

"Your WR's all suck" is acceptable smack talk.

"You haven't won the league once in the ten years you've been part of it" is acceptable smack talk.

"My mom could draft better players than you" is acceptable smack talk.

"I'm going to destroy you" is acceptable smack talk.

"Calvin Johnson is going to stomp on your @$$" is acceptable smack talk.

Personal Conduct Consequences:

You will be given two warnings per season if I see something that I feel is a definitive personal attack on another manager. If there's enough of a reason that I feel I have to give you a warning about your attitude, you should take that to heart and tone it down.

These warnings should honestly happen very, very rarely. I won't be giving out warnings lightly. The idea is simply a mechanism to let you know when you're crossing the line, so everyone can calm down, take a step back, and get back to having fun.

On the third time, I reserve the right to remove you from the league.

I won't necessarily do that if I feel that the problem can be reined in. We're not going to be getting into the business of removing members on a regular basis. The goal of this league is to build a group of managers that can all play together for the long haul. The goal of this league is for everybody to have fun.

-------------------------------------------

On a final note, as this league's Commissioner, you should know that this league will be one of my primary focuses as far as fantasy football goes (I don't play any other fantasy sports).

I am currently in four fantasy football leagues, including this one:

Game of Thrones Dynasty League

Stifler Dynasty League

Rotoworld Mock Draft (Redraft League)

Friends-and-Family (Annual Redraft League)

The Rotoworld Mock Draft league is a redraft league that I'll be participating in for this year only. Beyond that, I expect to only participate in the other 3 leagues going forward. I personally prefer to keep the amount of leagues I'm in low, so that I have more time to put towards them.

If we can get this draft completed fairly quickly, I might go ahead and make a short league intro video for us, as I've done with one of my other leagues (which you can see here):

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/295258-ideas-for-adding-longevity-to-your-fantasy-football-league/

-------------------------------------------

Please sign in below if you wish to join this league (this is a league roster, not the draft list):

01. Robrain

And let the games begin!

Please sign in below if you wish to join this league (this is a league roster, not the draft list):

01. Robrain

02. Belade

And let the games begin!

Wasn't sure how to sign up...

01. Robrain

02. CamBorbs6

03. Scienergy

Edited by scienergy

No worries, you've got the idea!

Also, after you've signed up, make sure to PM me your email so I can send you the league invite.

Good to have you two on board!

01. Robrain

02. CamBorbs6

03. Scienergy

04. RAZRr1275

05. gotcha

Glad to see a solid response, half the league has been filled in only a matter of hours!

"Bunch of sissy girls. Stop crying you estrogen overloaded pansys. Grow a pair and stop bitchin."

That's the most badass diss I've ever heard!!

• Like 1

Drake, I think it's a sign that when I use a quote from you as one of the examples on how NOT to act, you aren't welcome here.

League Beware.

Your Commish has been kicked out of 3 leagues in the past month. Created this league, since he can't kick him out of his own league. (hehe)

I know if I was joining a league, I'd want to know something like this about my commissioner.

Carry on.

Edited by fontaine
  • Like 1

3 leagues?

I willingly resigned my team from the first league after the previous owner returned asking for his team back. That league could not do me the simple courtesy of making sure the previous owner would not return before asking me to join.

In League #2 there was a dispute over a trade in large part because the commissioner did not have rules in place before starting the draft. I resigned my team after it became clear that there would be no middle ground reached over the dispute.

League #3's original dispute once again stemmed from the fact that the commissioner did not have a specific set of rules in place before starting the draft. If there had been rules in place, there would have been no dispute because all that would have needed to have happened was to simply point to the rules.

The fact that I received an apology from the Commissioners in both League #2 and League #3 should tell you that I was never the sole cause of the problem:

From League #2's Commissioner:

"I have no bad feelings towards you and I still really do apologize. Absolutely still feel terrible about the way it happened, that night I didn't sleep at all! I think you post very insightful stuff on these boards and I enjoy reading what you say and will continue to read what you post. Take care sir."

From League #3's Commissioner:

"Whether you would like to accept them or not, I do feel like I should apologize for the situation and the result for what happened earlier. I don't know if you're frustrated and blowing off steam, but I noticed you hadn't commented or anything since the ruling was handed down. I just want to make sure you know that you're still an important part of this league, regardless of what happened earlier. I sincerely apologize, I hope you'll at least acknowledge that I am doing that, but I don't expect you to accept it just because of the nature of the situation."

"EDIT: I saw your post in the forum. Thank you for being civil about this. I know it's never easy when a decision doesn't go your way, but the last thing I would want to see is any animosity between you and Longhorn or anybody in the league. I appreciate your willingness to be a part of this league and your civility when it comes to what has happened."

I was invited to League #3 by League #3's Commissioner, who was also involved in League #2 during the dispute mentioned. The fact that I still received an invite after my removal from League #2 should clearly show that my exit from League #2 was a decision made by the Commissioner, not a completely unanimous decision by the members of that league.

There's also the fact that League #3's Commissioner sent me the following message after I informed him last night that I was starting this league:

"As for a dynasty league you create, I would be interested in joining, however, I am full on yahoo with both dynasty leagues and leagues with family and friends."

For the record, the following Rotoworld members from League #3 are the only ones who's attitude I disliked in League #3:

Drake

bILLy1nk

Longhorn143

They exemplified the attitude I've made perfectly clear is not welcome here in this league, at the beginning of the above Personal Conduct Rules.

The fact that this is a direct quote by Drake should tell you exactly why I had a problem with them in that previous league:

I don't want managers that act like that in this league. Period. Longhorn and bILLy1nk have been equally as discourteous here in the League threads that I've been a part of. Their behavior is my primary reason for no longer trying to latch on with another league, and to instead create my own here, where we can weed out people with poor attitudes, such as them, from causing waves.

THAT is the reason for concrete rules, to explicitly state what will not be tolerated from the very start. I want civil people in this league, and the rules have been created specifically to prevent any possible disputes from occurring.

If you're from a previous league I was a part of, and you aren't interested in joining this league, I ask that you move on with your life and do not post in this league's thread in the future.

[Edit: typo]

Edited by Robrain

I am interested in playing in this start up dynasty, and I do not care what happened in the past. Like our commish said, if you dont plan on joining you should just move along. There is no reason to cause trouble in here.

You have drama and your league hasn't even started yet. A sign of what's to come! You're a reality television show personified.

• Like 1

Drake, again, please refrain from posting further in this thread.

I'm happy to announce that we've added rraayy3 to the league. I think he'll add a lot of tough competition, so bring your A-game, everybody.

4 spots left according to this updated list:

01. Robrain

02. CamBorbs6

03. Scienergy

04. RAZRr1275

05. gotcha

06. BigBallas

07. twins80

08. rraayy3

Add your name and PM me your email address if you want in.

Edited by Robrain

01. Robrain

02. CamBorbs6

03. Scienergy

04. RAZRr1275

05. gotcha

06. BigBallas

07. twins80

08. rraayy3

09. justice12

Justice12: You need to have a certain amount of posts to be able to use the PM feature. Why not go toss in your opinion on some of the threads in the Fantasy Football forum on here, that will increase your post count so that you can PM me your email address.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/forum/2-fantasy-football-talk/

Shouldn't take too many posts. I think it might be about 10 total or so, not sure offhand.

I'd say the draft will start in within approximately 72-96 hours (3-4 days).

I'll be finishing the rules today, they'll be posted by 9:00 PM EST tonight. It will also include the official draft start date/time.

As far as PM'ing me your email address, just go reply to some more threads, give a quick sentence or two opinion on the player in each thread. That should get your post count high enough to use the PM system.

To PM someone, just click on their username, then click on the "Send me a message" link on the right side of that page.

I'm out....... inactive commish?

01. Robrain

02. CamBorbs6

03. Scienergy

04. RAZRr1275

05. gotcha

06. BigBallas

07. twins80

08. rraayy3