Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clutch is Eli

IDP Questions 2012

Tomorrow I will probably get upset by the 8th seed in baseball and I had a rough week in general, so I'm focusing on football. Hopefully it will help me relax. Anyhow, I need 1 of these. I'm comfortable with all of them, but I want to play the guy who you guys think will get the most points. We start 3 DBs but I already played Woodson and Tilman (can't complain both were solid).

Reed (thigh is a concern, but nothing major)

Landry (When healthy he has always produced)

Bethea (I'm leaning towards him right now)

Also which of the 5 DBs should I trade for an upgrade at LB and who should I target? I have Von Miller and S. Nicholas. I'm not sure Nicholas will keep it up plus I could always use a reserve.

No real IDP talk so far this year. What's up?

Who do you like better at flex defensive position this week?

Troy Polamalu

James Harrison

Lawrence Timmons

Lamar Woodley

Pat Angerer

1pt per tackle, 3 pts. per sack, 3 pts. per int.

barron on bye this week, i need a DB

atari bigby @NO (on waivers)

thomas decoud @WAS

bernard pollard @KC

jairus byrd @SF

ryan clark vs PHI

reggie nelson vs MIA

dawan landry vs CHI

eric weddle @NO

If you play in an IDP league that counts return yards also, snag Janoris Jenkins. With Amendola out he is now the primary punt returner.

barron on bye this week, i need a DB

atari bigby @NO (on waivers)

thomas decoud @WAS

bernard pollard @KC

jairus byrd @SF

ryan clark vs PHI

reggie nelson vs MIA

dawan landry vs CHI

eric weddle @NO

bigby

1 Pt Every 3 tackles, 2 pts sack, int, ff, fr

Start Antrel Rolle or Patrick Chung?

chung

Solo Tackle: .5 Sacks:3 INT's:3 FForce:2 FRecover:2 Defensive TD:6 Safety:3 PD:1 Block Kick:4

Who would you pick up from waivers, I have an extra spot on my bench this week (D'Qwell Jackson may be out this week?)

Cortland Finnegan

Justin Houston

Charles Woodson

William Moore

Ryan Kerrigan

Sean weatherspoon

tackle based scoring: pick 3 lb: mcclain, burfict, boley, kj wright, weatherspoon pick 3 db: g Wilson, r jones, d manning, pollard pick 1 de: abraham or c johnson

So this could be a dumb question/observation, but I have Malcolm Jenkins who scored 0 points last week. There wasn't any kind of injury report on ESPN so I had to search if he even played, and of course he was injured and left the game early. But there was no injury report(?) So I'm guessing he is safe to start next week? I am going to try and pick up Laron Landry in case (he is highest left).

Anybody have insight on what happened with Malcolm Jenkins this week? Giants put up a large amount of points yet he came away with 0 points. Was he benched, should I look to replace him?

Edit:

Looks like gto had my same question. Looking for same answer :)

I also have a Linebacker question (all defensive stats doubled in my league)...

Aldon Smith or Wesley Woodyard?

I was riding Wesley Woodyard most of the season until he got hurt, so I picked up Aldon Smith, but now that Woodyard is back I am tempted to pick him back up.

Daryl Washington has been incredible all year, but against a pass heavy Detroit team I'm a little worried that he won't have the chance to rack up as many tackles as some other LBs that are available to me.

I play in a very shallow IDP format:

12 teams and we each start 1 LB, 1 DB and 1 DL (.5 solo, .25 assist, 2 INT, 2 FF/FR, 1 TFL, 1.5 Sack, 1 PD, 1 pt per 25 return yards)

I'm debating dropping Washington for LaVonte David or Bobby Wagner... both of whom have been on fire recently and have "safer" match-ups ....

What do you guys think?!

Thanks in advance, and WHIR!

40 Int, 30 sack, 4 solo tackle, 2 assist tackle, 10 fumble force/recovery, 15 def TD

I know these are crazy settings, but please help me out!

I've got Tulloch vs Arizona, Eric Berry vs Oakland, Elvis Dumervil vs Baltimore, and Reggie Nelson vs Philly.

I need at least one of Nelson or Berry to start, and I was leaning towards Nelson vs Philly.

I like Tulloch for a possible turnover and high tackle game vs Arizona, but is Dumervil or Berry a better start?

Dumervil doesn't get a sack then it's low points bc he doesn't tackle much, but then again sacks are good points in this format.

What should I do?

Quick LB question, who would you want for the rest of season?

Curtis Lofton or London Fletcher?

fletcher

So this could be a dumb question/observation, but I have Malcolm Jenkins who scored 0 points last week. There wasn't any kind of injury report on ESPN so I had to search if he even played, and of course he was injured and left the game early. But there was no injury report(?) So I'm guessing he is safe to start next week? I am going to try and pick up Laron Landry in case (he is highest left).

i'm with both you guys...I dropped him and went with rashed jones in a matchup play instead..

I also have a Linebacker question (all defensive stats doubled in my league)...

Aldon Smith or Wesley Woodyard?

I was riding Wesley Woodyard most of the season until he got hurt, so I picked up Aldon Smith, but now that Woodyard is back I am tempted to pick him back up.

Tough call...I would watch matchups...this week I think I would rather have Woodyard

Daryl Washington has been incredible all year, but against a pass heavy Detroit team I'm a little worried that he won't have the chance to rack up as many tackles as some other LBs that are available to me.

I play in a very shallow IDP format:

12 teams and we each start 1 LB, 1 DB and 1 DL (.5 solo, .25 assist, 2 INT, 2 FF/FR, 1 TFL, 1.5 Sack, 1 PD, 1 pt per 25 return yards)

I'm debating dropping Washington for LaVonte David or Bobby Wagner... both of whom have been on fire recently and have "safer" match-ups ....

What do you guys think?!

Thanks in advance, and WHIR!

I'm sticking with Washington in my league. He's been incredibly consistent besides last week when I assume he was taken out in the blowout?

Will Ray Lewis be back this week? Would you play him if he is active?

Regards

Maybe..No, I wouldn't

40 Int, 30 sack, 4 solo tackle, 2 assist tackle, 10 fumble force/recovery, 15 def TD

I know these are crazy settings, but please help me out!

I've got Tulloch vs Arizona, Eric Berry vs Oakland, Elvis Dumervil vs Baltimore, and Reggie Nelson vs Philly.

I need at least one of Nelson or Berry to start, and I was leaning towards Nelson vs Philly.

I like Tulloch for a possible turnover and high tackle game vs Arizona, but is Dumervil or Berry a better start?

Dumervil doesn't get a sack then it's low points bc he doesn't tackle much, but then again sacks are good points in this format.

What should I do?

1. Berry 2. Nelson 3. Tulloch 4. Dumervil

Will Wesley Woodyard return to early season production? Who should I start him over out of Brad Jones(GB) @ CHI, Burfict(CIN) @ PHI, Wheeler(OAK) vs. KC, or Boley (NYG) @ ATL..B Jones has 7 or more tackles in 5 out of last 6 games. Wheeler had 11 tackles and a sack in his earlier meeting with KC. Burfict has had 9 or more tackles in 4 of the last 5. Boley has consistently put up 6+ tackles all year, and had 10 last week against NO. Also has a plus matchup against ATL. (In general, I like playing LB's against good offenses who stay on field consistently longer than bad defenses) ty, whir

Quick LB question, who would you want for the rest of season?

Curtis Lofton or London Fletcher?

fletcher

I've also started looking at Anthony Spencer of the Cowboys who has been coming on as of late with 5 sacks in the last 4 games. Would he be a good choice over Fletcher with the Steelers this week and the Saints next week? Thanks for the input!