Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clutch is Eli

IDP Questions 2012

Will Wesley Woodyard return to early season production? Who should I start him over out of Brad Jones(GB) @ CHI, Burfict(CIN) @ PHI, Wheeler(OAK) vs. KC, or Boley (NYG) @ ATL..B Jones has 7 or more tackles in 5 out of last 6 games. Wheeler had 11 tackles and a sack in his earlier meeting with KC. Burfict has had 9 or more tackles in 4 of the last 5. Boley has consistently put up 6+ tackles all year, and had 10 last week against NO. Also has a plus matchup against ATL. (In general, I like playing LB's against good offenses who stay on field consistently longer than bad defenses) ty, whir

I think I would go with Brad Jones. The matchup is pretty favorable and he's been playing pretty well lately.

Quick LB question, who would you want for the rest of season?

Curtis Lofton or London Fletcher?

fletcher

I've also started looking at Anthony Spencer of the Cowboys who has been coming on as of late with 5 sacks in the last 4 games. Would he be a good choice over Fletcher with the Steelers this week and the Saints next week? Thanks for the input!

I still prefer fletcher but I tend to favor tacklers since this is how my leagues are structured...

Will Wesley Woodyard return to early season production? Who should I start him over out of Brad Jones(GB) @ CHI, Burfict(CIN) @ PHI, Wheeler(OAK) vs. KC, or Boley (NYG) @ ATL..B Jones has 7 or more tackles in 5 out of last 6 games. Wheeler had 11 tackles and a sack in his earlier meeting with KC. Burfict has had 9 or more tackles in 4 of the last 5. Boley has consistently put up 6+ tackles all year, and had 10 last week against NO. Also has a plus matchup against ATL. (In general, I like playing LB's against good offenses who stay on field consistently longer than bad defenses) ty, whir

I think I would go with Brad Jones. The matchup is pretty favorable and he's been playing pretty well lately.

I'm sorry, I meant I am starting all of those guys (Boley, Jones, Burfict, and Wheeler). Should I plug Woodyard in for any of them? I also have Weatherspoon and Brinkley on my bench..ty

I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread, but should I hold onto JPP or look at some other options? He hasn't been the elite IDP player he was last year, I haven't had a chance to see too many Giants games, but I'm wondering if teams are double teaming him or what? I know he's had a couple injuries off and on this year as well.

I've been looking at Rob Ninkovich, Mario Williams and Cliff Avril this week as a match up play.

I like ninkovich who gets tackles even when the sacks aren't there

Yeah, I'd been trying to find a good lineman all season and finally settled on Ninkovich a few weeks ago, he's a pretty consistent producer.

Should I keep or drop Malcolm Jenkins and Tim Jennings? Both look like they have good matchups next week, but only if they play. I've got them currently replaced with Reshad Jones and Janoris Jenkins.

Thoughts?

If I were a betting man, I would go with yes. He hasn't missed a single game in his, what, 15 year career? He was also listed as Questionable last week but still suited up and had a great game.

Question to you, would you play Fletcher over Curtis Lofton?

Laurinaitis has cooled a bit recently playing through injury, should I go with him or Lavonte David, London Fletcher or Aldon Smith?

If I were a betting man, I would go with yes. He hasn't missed a single game in his, what, 15 year career? He was also listed as Questionable last week but still suited up and had a great game.

Question to you, would you play Fletcher over Curtis Lofton?

Absolutely. Phili is a dream matchup for him. I dropped Ronde Barber (top 6 in my scoring format) for Fletcher this weekend.

Laurinaitis has cooled a bit recently playing through injury, should I go with him or Lavonte David, London Fletcher or Aldon Smith?

laurinaitis or fletcher would be my picks

Who do you guys have for the top IDPs this season?

Linebackers - Defensive Backs - Defensive Line

Here's my initial thoughts:

LB: D'Qwell, Mayo, Puzlunzy, Fletcher, Kuecly

DL: Watts, JPP, Allen, Geno Atkins, Ware, Wake

DB: Burnett, Tillman, Barron, Eric Barry, D. Hall

He may not be a top DB, but if your league counts return yardage and awards for FF/FR/INT handsomely, Mathieu could be one to have on your radar. He'll be on many special teams coverage units too, which adds value if your league rewards solo tackles.

My league basically rewards every category for IDP, first year doing IDP league, I think I did well, just not sure if I should look to improve one of them? I have depth on offense where I can improve one

My league basically rewards every category for IDP, first year doing IDP league, I think I did well, just not sure if I should look to improve one of them? I have depth on offense where I can improve one

What positions do you start?

Just joined my first IDP league ever. Draft his a week from today. Can anyone give me a link to some good resources here? Not really sure where to begin.

I like using FFtoolbox, and plugging in your settings and it will rank each players by each position. What are your settings/how many are you starting.

Just joined my first IDP league ever. Draft his a week from today. Can anyone give me a link to some good resources here? Not really sure where to begin.

I like using FFtoolbox, and plugging in your settings and it will rank each players by each position. What are your settings/how many are you starting.

I have to start: D, LB, LB, DT, DE, CB, S

The scoring is a little crazy, but its crazy for every position (E.G. QBs get 2 points for completion, 1 point for 6 yards, -3 for sacks, etc.).

Got a link? I can't find it on their site.

Here's my scoring:

http://imgur.com/QaCEeyx

Here's my scoring:

Holy crap that is the craziest IDP scoring I have ever seen in my life...it looks like whoever set it up refered to team DSTs for the scoring, which is insane.

This is mine for example:

w0rhpc.png

http://www.fftoolbox.com Create an account and enter all your league scoring and it will give you a customized ranking for all positions, including LB, DB, DL.

JJ Watt would have been the number one player in that league last year, outscoring even Drew Brees.

Here's my scoring:

Holy crap that is the craziest IDP scoring I have ever seen in my life...it looks like whoever set it up refered to team DSTs for the scoring, which is insane.

This is mine for example:

w0rhpc.png

http://www.fftoolbox.com Create an account and enter all your league scoring and it will give you a customized ranking for all positions, including LB, DB, DL.

JJ Watt would have been the number one player in that league last year, outscoring even Drew Brees.

Yeah, FFToolbox won't work for this league.

AP is the #1 in this league. For QB it goes Brees then Matt Ryan. Megatron is #3 overall. The top 4 DEF players are Watt (by a lot), V. Miller, Daryl Washington, and Luke Kuechly.

Try to get Watt, reach for him if you have to. He is kinda like Jimmy Graham in the fact that he is soo far ahead of other TEs. Snag a couple top tier LBs. You can always find good CB/S of the wire.

Fantasy pros has some generic IDP rankings if you want to get a rough idea.