Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Michael Wacha SP STL

So who's stashing him in redrafts? I just took the Gausman gamble, and will give him another couple of starts before I decide whether to keep him. I have Wheeler in my sights as a backup plan, but if Wacha is getting a clear path, that makes the decision a little tougher.

So who's stashing him in redrafts? I just took the Gausman gamble, and will give him another couple of starts before I decide whether to keep him. I have Wheeler in my sights as a backup plan, but if Wacha is getting a clear path, that makes the decision a little tougher.

Gast just got injured so Wacha may be even closer.

I might stash him now.

They might just go with Kelly if he pitches well, since he's going to be throwing several innings today. They keep calling up guys who haven't pitched as well as Wacha, so that suggests they want to avoid starting his clock early. They might give Kelly a couple starts and then go with Wacha.

I read they really want Wacha to get some seasoning in AAA. Kelly has good stuff he should be ok, but if you have room I'd grab Wacha just in case.

Big Wacha fan but Rosenthal and Martinez are better options.

thought rosenthal was being groomed as the future closer. . .

thought rosenthal was being groomed as the future closer. . .

Mujica has em singing a different tune.

I highly doubt they would risk throwing that bullpen into flux again by moving rosenthal (this year at least) without giving Wacha a chance.

As far as rosenthal LT at closer, I think if he continues to have success in the setup role, it's not crazy to think they give him a shot to close in 2014...

They are long term....but not right now. neither is in position to make a start right now.

Read a blurb on the Cardinals message board that he has been scratched from tonight's start. Richard Castillo is starting instead. So take it for what it's worth. You never know. I decided to add him on that info.

Read a blurb on the Cardinals message board that he has been scratched from tonight's start. Richard Castillo is starting instead. So take it for what it's worth. You never know. I decided to add him on that info.

Interesting... If true, he may be in line for the call-up. Already have Gausman and now I'm wondering if I should grab Wacha... If called upon, what kind of impact are we talking here?

Wacha is not getting the call. If he were an option at the moment, he would have already been called up.

He needs more seasoning at Triple A. The GM himself said this.

The cards are winning with other options anyway.

Don't know how heavy to weigh it, but it looks like Wacha was #5 on the list.

@KMOXSports 20m

"Name that comes to mind is Wacha", GM John Mozeliak said about the next possible pitcher to be called up for the @Cardinals.

Regardless what happens here, great job guys. To me, what makes RW such a great place. Forgive me for getting off-topic.

I hate matchup aqtisition limits... But yeah he should be added immediately

Who would you guys say Wacha is similar to ?

Drew Silva@drewsilv

Michael Wacha, 21, has a 1.71 ERA, 0.84 WHIP and 74/19 K/BB in 73 2/3 minor league innings since being drafted last June.

only has a 5.8k/9 ratio but he has plus stuff, i'm sure he would do fine in the bigs.

Rotoworld reporting that he's coming up from Memphis. How long will he be up?

Rotoworld reporting that he's coming up from Memphis. How long will he be up?

Well it depends on how long Gast is down for.

I think it depends more on how well he performs.

If Wacha pitches well, it won't matter when Gast returns IMO.

Is he the type of guy who will dominate right away?