Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Michael Wacha SP STL

this guy isnt long term this year is he? just a spot start.

It seems if it's just a quick spot start, teams usually don't bring up big prospects like Wacha. They grab someone from the bullpen or some scrub who was in the MLB before and couldn't hack it and is now a minor league lifer.

That's not necessarily true given how the Indians have used Bauer this year bringing him up for spot starts so far. Way too many variables right now with the Cards rotation with the young guys in tow and Carpenter's and Westbrook's future status. I think for now you can count on the highly likely possibility of him starting Thursday and go from there. Just don't drop anything too valuable if you are in 12 team and under leagues or redraft leagues.

I think Westbrook is done. I don't think anyone is counting on Carp returning, based on the lateset news. Of course, the Red Birds have other options, but bringing up Wacha may be their best move, if he's ready.

That's not necessarily true given how the Indians have used Bauer this year bringing him up for spot starts so far. Way too many variables right now with the Cards rotation with the young guys in tow and Carpenter's and Westbrook's future status. I think for now you can count on the highly likely possibility of him starting Thursday and go from there. Just don't drop anything too valuable if you are in 12 team and under leagues or redraft leagues.

Indians rotation is a lot deeper than the Cardinals at this point, the depth might not be great pitchers, but they're all healthy. Kluber, Carrasco, Kazmir, so on. Easier to send a prospect back down to develop more with the depth.

Yahoo has him starting on Thursday. Where did they get this?

hah just noticed that too. They are just guessing, I think he probably will get the call. We will find out tomorrow if he only goes a few innings in his start.

Yahoo has him starting on Thursday. Where did they get this?

hah just noticed that too. They are just guessing, I think he probably will get the call. We will find out tomorrow if he only goes a few innings in his start.

Exactly right...tomorrow is telling. Alot of teams bring up extra arms to get them through a few games. I took the plunge, so I'm hoping he gets the call. STL has done well with arms from the system in recent years

I was only making the point that the Cards have alot of options to play with so at this stage no one should be making a huge investement in anything less than Dynasty leagues. For all we know they could decide to make a play for Tulo if the Rockies ever fell out of it with Wacha in the deal. Too much speculation for my taste so I'd just add him and see what happens. Throw 15% of your FAAB if you are playing in non keeper leagues and cross yoru fingers

I talk to a lot of Cardinals fans who want him to spend this year in AAA. They think the extra time to mature in a hitters league like the PCL will benefit him similar to what it did for Shelby Miller last year.

Millers stats were far from impressive in AAA last year and look at the results this year.

These injuries may not afford them that luxury though.

Well I just dumped a old DLed Andy Pettitte for this guy so hopefully he does serve a purpose. I like his team and NL appeal, plus Brad Evans is really downplaying him on Twitter. So by those accounts he might just be the next Sandy Koufax heh.

Looks like Carlos Martinez got sent down to be stretched out. With the rash of injuries maybe they want to increase their options in addition to Wacha.

Martinez sent down to take Wacha's spot in the rotation perhaps?

Joe Strauss@JoeStrauss

Hearing Wacha scratched today at Memphis, making him available for Thursday v. KC. #HPGF

boom.

Fist pump!

Great news!! GM said during ST that once Wacha is called to the show he is here to stay

If he gets the start, I am rolling with him... he plays on a really good team and the Cardinals have a history of success with young starters... I only play in deep NL only leagues though, so the player pool is extremely limited for SP.

So let me get this right. Wacha was suppose to pitch Sunday and didn't, then Monday and didn't? Word is he may get called up to pitch Thursday, so if he gets the call to pitch Thursday, he'll be pitching on 8 days rest?

So let me get this right. Wacha was suppose to pitch Sunday and didn't, then Monday and didn't? Word is he may get called up to pitch Thursday, so if he gets the call to pitch Thursday, he'll be pitching on 8 days rest?

yeah, i don't get that...

In a limited transaction league I wouldn't give up anything of value for him unless keeper lg. Will probably only throw 90-100 innings, which should have him shut down by August.

Doubt that. Threw 129 the year he was drafted plus another 20 or so after signing. I think he's got a good 130 left

this guy a legit stay in the rotation?

Not sure, but I am willing to gamble that he does because I want it to happen on my team and not someone else's