FouLLine

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

LOL @ Roto calling Powell a "practice squad type running back" in LSH's injury update. :o

/me runs for cover.

Edited by scienergy
  • Like 1

Possibility that L S-Howling is not going to play this weekend now......Powell could get a few more chances to show his stuff.

i would like to pick him up for my #1 team in my sig. dropped collie for H.Miller.......but i don't want to drop either Hunter or Bilal for him, and with Maclin and Britt still recovering i kind of think i need Hankerson still.......would drop either Miller or Hank.

He's definitely ahead of Alfonso. They cut Alf and kept Powell, only brought Alf back because of injuries to Wells and LSH. FWIW, they group Alf in with Powell as "practice squad type running backs".

• Like 1

i would like to pick him up for my #1 team in my sig. dropped collie for H.Miller.......but i don't want to drop either Hunter or Bilal for him, and with Maclin and Britt still recovering i kind of think i need Hankerson still.......would drop either Miller or Hank.

drop the backup TE on a bye week

Was thinking that myself....never going to plug him in before graham, grabbed off WW after i heard that big ben would want to see him go to the pro bowl and has scored a bunch of TDs already.....could see him being force fed more than in the past.....good trade bait. but if powell gets a chance and i miss out, i'll be pissed!!! been reading this thread last couple of days and haven't pulled the trigger yet.....think now is the time!!!

Was thinking that myself....never going to plug him in before graham, grabbed off WW after i heard that big ben would want to see him go to the pro bowl and has scored a bunch of TDs already.....could see him being force fed more than in the past.....good trade bait. but if powell gets a chance and i miss out, i'll be pissed!!! been reading this thread last couple of days and haven't pulled the trigger yet.....think now is the time!!!

You're f**king over thinking this. If Bill Powell is available you go get him. The fact you only have to drop a TE is just butter on the bread

• Like 1

Okay, everyone, PLEASE STOP REFERRING TO WILLIAM POWELL AS "BILL" POWELL.

In case you aren't already aware, there is another prospect RB (on the Jets) that is currently being talked about about on this forum, and his name is BILAL POWELL.

It's going to get waaaaaaay too confusing if you start calling this guy "Bill". Just call him William Powell.

Every time someone types "BILL" Powell, I think they made a typo and meant "BILAL" Powell, and are mistakenly in the wrong thread.

Edited by Robrain
  • Like 2

I'm gonna hold off cause no one anywhere is adding this guy.

Added him in all of my leagues.

A toast to the feel good story of the year: Billy Powell, undrafted, cut from the team, signed onto the practice squad, goes completely unnoticed by the rest of the league, then POW! Becomes the fantasy darling of 2012!

P.S. He already has a nickname. It's "Wi-Po."

i'm gonna be so pissed if they announce hillis has a broken ankle/high ankle sprain and this guy goes off ... i'm not dropping battle or best for him ... figures my 2 favorite sleepers hillis/titus are my only droppables right now

• Like 1

A toast to the feel good story of the year: Billy Powell, undrafted, cut from the team, signed onto the practice squad, goes completely unnoticed by the rest of the league, then POW! Becomes the fantasy darling of 2012!

P.S. He already has a nickname. It's "Wi-Po."

Nice. I think Wi-Pow would be cooler though.

I am reading this forum and I am thinking this guy could be huge. Big time averages in college and a great preseason. What's not to like? He could become the guy. I see Miami shutting Ryan Williams down. Maybe Powell comes in and breaks a big run for a TD.

And as Uncle Rico once said, and "if coach would of just put me in I could of been a star". He had "23" college carries, every year the leading rusher in the preseason is some grocery bagger. Those points are 100% meaningless. I need someone to convince me he can overcome extreme offensive line woes before we should take this thread seriously. And so far all I am seeing is a bunch of what if fluff.

Well you're obviously intrigued enough to be posting in here quite a few times.

The guy admittedly has a great deal of upside. Preseason or not, Ryan Williams was running against a lot of the same defenses and doing nothing. Powell was dominating. Yeah Powell saw more 2nd stringers and such, but lets be real it isnt like he was going up against a D2 defense at any point.

I understand preseason stats arent the most meaningful but Foster had a huge preseason the year he broke out too.

this is all part of why love fantasy sports: getting all interested in a dude I honestly never heard of till very recently (and why these boards can be invaluable for fantasy owners), will be psyched to watch the AZ game tomorrow when otherwise wouldn't care less, plus the search for a good nickname as a potential cinderella story unfolds. Pow! the world just got a little more interesting

• Like 3

you'll probably want to read the thread completely... if you did you'd see most, including the so called "naysayers" actually are fine with him as a flier/lotto ticket and have him on the end of their benches. but there are those like myself who disagree with foulline making invalid comparisons and throwing temper tantrums when people call him on it.

That is simply just not true. You obviously can't get off of some personal vendetta you have with me. Yeah we've gone back and fourth but I only responded to your posts that directly quoted me. Of course I'm going to defend my side of it.

You bring up our disagreement unprovked, as if it's your way to save some face?... Which I don't get cause it seems like you're leaning more and more towards the Powell bandwagon yourself.

Because you can go back and find that I said

William Powell can be had free of waiver priority at the expense of your worst player right now.

That is as cheap as a "lottery ticket" comes. Sure Powell's floor is a bit a ways from those guys, but his ceiling is much higher.

But I'm glad we are agreeing now. It's all about the facts.

Edited by FouLLine

I just want to say again in college his senior year.

Powell had 23 carries for an average of 10.9 yards a carry and 4 TDs. He also averaged an incredible 34.6 and 1 TD in 21 Kick off returns in college.

Powell touched the ball 44 times in college and scored 5 TDs!!! Yes small sample size, but it's an insane averages and an insane ratio of TDs per touches.

If Powell didn't get injured his senior year he may have gotten to the point of being the premier back over Daniel Thomas at K-State.

One thing entirely lost in this abomination of a thread is that Ryan Williams is still the starting RB for Arizona.

• Like 1

One thing entirely lost in this abomination of a thread is that Ryan Williams is still the starting RB for Arizona.

But he's just not nearly as exciting. Also most people already burned their waivers on him. Someone should probably bump that thread though.