FouLLine

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

One thing entirely lost in this abomination of a thread is that Ryan Williams is still the starting RB for Arizona.

1) No one is expecting Powell to be the lead back this game.

2) Since when is Ryan Williams coming off a patella tendon tear a major stud?

He looked good last week and he has always looked good. Things aren't going to change overnight. Over the course of a few weeks to months maybe, but he's going to get a ton of run to the point that Powell isn't going to have any immediate value tomorrow.

He looked good last week and he has always looked good. Things aren't going to change overnight. Over the course of a few weeks to months maybe, but he's going to get a ton of run to the point that Powell isn't going to have any immediate value tomorrow.

umm... He didn't play last week. He hasn't played all season...

I'm pretty obviously talking about Ryan Williams.

umm... He didn't play last week. He hasn't played all season...

I think he is talking about Ryan Williams

• Like 1

Pretty sure he was referring to Williams. Powell is backing up a guy who is coming off a major injury, fumbles and admitted he thinks about his knee when he runs. Not a bad lottery ticket.

One thing entirely lost in this abomination of a thread is that Ryan Williams is still the starting RB for Arizona.

1) No one is expecting Powell to be the lead back this game.

2) Since when is Ryan Williams coming off a patella tendon tear a major stud?

3) Since when was Ryan Williams a major stud even before the injury?

Someone said it earlier which I totally agree with. I'm thinking Miami's crazy rush defense will shut Ryan Williams down. William Powell comes in for a series and breaks a big TD run, warranting split carries for the rest of the game.

If Ryan Williams fumbles, Powell could become the RB1 very quickly.

obviously... didn't your English teachers ever tell you to specify who 'he' is?

Didn't your English teachers ever go over context clues with you? Robrain asked me a question and my post in response was immediately after. I'd love to personally attack you to solidify my argument (as per the Rotoworld.com code of credibility) but I'll let it die right here.

Also, how does one "think" a player is going to break a big touchdown run? Never understood this type of thinking. Yes, I think Percy Harvin is going to have a good game tomorrow, but I do not nor have I ever thought a player was going to cash in on a fluky play week in and week out. Seems like you guys are trying to force something that isn't there.

Edited by Br0kenB

obviously... didn't your English teachers ever tell you to specify who 'he' is?

Didn't your English teachers ever go over context clues with you? Robrain asked me a question and my post in response was immediately after. I'd love to personally attack you to solidify my argument (as per the Rotoworld.com code of credibility) but I'll let it die right here.

Thats why there is a 'quote' option. Use it.

I'd love to hear these personal attacks.

Too much to assume you're just really into Staches?

1856491.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty sure NFL RB changes typically don't take "a few months", ever, if the guy in front of him is under performing.

Unless you're Shonn Greene.

Also, how does one "think" a player is going to break a big touchdown run? Never understood this type of thinking. Yes, I think Percy Harvin is going to have a good game tomorrow, but I do not nor have I ever thought a player was going to cash in on a fluky play week in and week out. Seems like you guys are trying to force something that isn't there.

Players with big play potential usually have a good chance of breaking a big play. William Powell has big play potential.

I expect people rolling out Jahvid Best imagine that he's got a very good chance of breaking off a big play.

In the case of a player who has never carried a football in a regular season game, I'm inclined to think that he isn't going to go from 4th string RB to fantasy football sensation in a week. For every 1 Foster, there are 10 (insert your favorite sleeper RB from years past here).

And I will admit I have a soft spot for staches, having never been able to grow one myself.

EDIT: How do you know he has big play ability in the NFL?!?! Stop making stupid unfounded claims, he has NEVER had a regular season game carry! That is literally like saying you or I have big play ability based on how we played in high school and college.

Edited by Br0kenB
  • Like 3

This guy is already a legend. Looking forward to seeing him showcase his big play potential and rip off a couple huge runs tomorrow.

Edited by owenmills

This guy is already a legend. Looking forward to seeing him showcase his big play potential and rip off a couple huge runs tomorrow.

Seriously dude... it's one thing to make this sort of thread for a kicker, but to do it for an actual player really degrades the already poor reputation of this board.

In the case of a player who has never carried a football in a regular season game, I'm inclined to think that he isn't going to go from 4th string RB to fantasy football sensation in a week. For every 1 Foster, there are 10 (insert your favorite sleeper RB from years past here).

You mean like Ryan Williams? The guy who hadn't carried a football in a regular season game until three weeks ago?

Who fumbled in his very first game, and then fumbled again in the next game? Who averaged 1.1 and 1.3 YPC during those two games? Who has yet to do anything significant?

Let's be honest, with Beanie out of the way now, William Powell is already the second string RB for Arizona.

And I will admit I have a soft spot for staches, having never been able to grow one myself.

EDIT: How do you know he has big play ability in the NFL?!?! Stop making stupid unfounded claims, he has NEVER had a regular season game carry! That is literally like saying you or I have big play ability based on how we played in high school and college.

23 carries in college for 4 TDs. Along with 21 kick returns for 1 TD. That's a total of touching the ball 44 times for 5 TDs. He ended up getting injured his senior year otherwise he may have stolen the spot light from Daniel Thomas.

He also lead the NFL in rushing this preseason averaging 5.9 yards a carry. Sure grocery bagger rebuttle. But hey, it can't hurt you for performing well regardless of who it was up against. Also considering he got by far the most carries on ARZ and Beanie Wells didn't play until the final 2 games of preseason you know he went up against plenty of defensive starters.

• Like 1

Seriously dude... it's one thing to make this sort of thread for a kicker, but to do it for an actual player really degrades the already poor reputation of this board.

Rotoworld is hands down the best fantasy sports message forum out there.

23 carries in college for 4 TDs. Along with 21 kick returns for 1 TD. That's a total of touching the ball 44 times for 5 TDs. He ended up getting injured his senior year otherwise he may have stolen the spot light from Daniel Thomas.

He also lead the NFL in rushing this preseason averaging 5.9 yards a carry. Sure grocery bagger rebuttle. But hey, it can't hurt you for performing well regardless of who it was up against. Also considering he got by far the most carries on ARZ and Beanie Wells didn't play until the final 2 games of preseason you know he went up against plenty of defensive starters.

And that covers his big play potential.

And that covers his big play potential.

Ohh also 10.9 yards a carry in college and 34.6 yards a kick off return.

This board has been a pretty big joke this year. There are still enough knowledgeable posters to keep me coming back but way more BS than in prior years. What can you do...

The fact there's 15 pages on this guy is wacko. He's an unproven 3rd-4th string RB who MAY get a couple carries and ALMOST DEFINITELY needs the guy in front of him to go down to become fantasy relevant. Even then we have no clue if he'll be any good against NFL starters. I guess people are just really bored this year.

• Like 1

You mean like Ryan Williams? The guy who hadn't carried a football in a regular season game until three weeks ago?

Who fumbled in his very first game, and then fumbled again in the next game? Who averaged 1.1 and 1.3 YPC during those two games? Who has yet to do anything significant?

Let's be honest, with Beanie out of the way now, William Powell is already the second string RB for Arizona.

Big deal, 5 touchdowns LOL, over the course of an NFL season that is a borderline rosterable amount, and he hasn't even performed at the highest level yet.

You guys seem to be misunderstanding what I am saying, though. I think Powell and Williams are both pretty bad. You don't get points for the guys on your bench. Neither are going to be worth a dime this season... but if you have to start one I think it's pretty clear that Williams is the much better player. If this kid had anything, he'd have been able to beat out LaRod Stephens-Howling for at LEAST some bit work.

If this kid had anything, he'd have been able to beat out LaRod Stephens-Howling for at LEAST some bit work.

Hypen serves a completely different role in the offense/special teams than William Powell. The fact that you don't realize this pretty much tells me why your analysis of William Powell's situation is flawed.

Edited by Robrain

Big deal, 5 touchdowns LOL, over the course of an NFL season that is a borderline rosterable amount, and he hasn't even performed at the highest level yet.

You guys seem to be misunderstanding what I am saying, though. I think Powell and Williams are both pretty bad. You don't get points for the guys on your bench. Neither are going to be worth a dime this season... but if you have to start one I think it's pretty clear that Williams is the much better player. If this kid had anything, he'd have been able to beat out LaRod Stephens-Howling for at LEAST some bit work.

Powell all throughout college and into the NFL has been the guy who hasn't gotten the fair shot. But in the few chances he has gotten he maximized the hell out of them.

5 TDs in 44 touches (when half are kickoff returns) that is an unheard of ratio. He caught a tough break being behind Daniel Thomas and then getting injured when he was a senior. But he continued to work hard and keep his dream alive. He was invited to the preseason lead the NFL in rushing in the preseason.

Haters say grocery baggers. But in reality he made the team. He is now active and ready to go. This kid is going to have a special fire in his gut tomorrow.