FouLLine

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

Herein lies the beauty of it. We do not have to wait. He plays thurs night against St Louis. If possible grab and sit on WiPo and D Rich in case any injuries/breakouts occur. Then if not dump at will on thurs night and have another lotto ticket for sunday! Yahtzee

He doesn't have enough time to get going before Beanie comes back if he doesn't do something soon.

I am starting to think Beanie is the better long-term option, nicks and all.

I believe the window of opportunity may be there for Powell. I hope he shows something Sunday.

• Like 2

Had to let Powell go so you that own him are in for treat Thursday

:lol: This is usually the way it goes. I finally let Meachem go and then realized he plays his old team this weekend...he'll probably go off for 200 yards and 2 TDs.

Herein lies the beauty of it. We do not have to wait. He plays thurs night against St Louis. If possible grab and sit on WiPo and D Rich in case any injuries/breakouts occur. Then if not dump at will on thurs night and have another lotto ticket for sunday! Yahtzee

What kind of a crappy waiver system lets you drop a guy who has played for one that hasn't?

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 1

What kind of a crappy waiver system lets you drop a guy who has played for one that hasn't?

exactly, if anything playing on thursday is a disadvantage because the roster spot is locked for the week

I actually play in a league with no waivers whatsoever... so it would benefit the person in my league who has Powell if they wanted to wait and see what he looks like and then simply drop him if he doesn't show anything.

I actually play in a league with no waivers whatsoever... so it would benefit the person in my league who has Powell if they wanted to wait and see what he looks like and then simply drop him if he doesn't show anything.

Leagues like that or where the previous poster could drop Powell after he plays for someone who plays Sunday are kind of a joke. If you have a serious league use a serious waiver system. But that is neither here nor there...

• Like 1

It's pretty cheap ... but if everyone else is able to do it it's fair

wish i could ...

I guess I don't see how it's a "joke" if everyone in the league is in favor of no waivers. It's a very serious league, but 95% of the league repeatedly votes not to have waivers. To each their own, no matter if it's a "serious" league or not... there are multiple ways to play and make it extremely competitive.

I guess I don't see how it's a "joke" if everyone in the league is in favor of no waivers. It's a very serious league, but 95% of the league repeatedly votes not to have waivers. To each their own, no matter if it's a "serious" league or not... there are multiple ways to play and make it extremely competitive.

You're absolutely right, to each their own. If all you guys are happy then have at it. Leagues like that are a joke to me because WW pickups shouldn't be determined by who is able to get to a computer/smart phone first when someone gets hurt.

Leagues like that or where the previous poster could drop Powell after he plays for someone who plays Sunday are kind of a joke. If you have a serious league use a serious waiver system. But that is neither here nor there...

Agree that's a bad rule. First question when someone asks me to join a league is 'what are the rules?'. Nothing is worse than going in a league you should win and the rules are of a Mad Tea Party variety.

In that scenario you'd hold Powell and then cut if he failed. Take full advantage of league rules. Exploit the unfairness of them.

Yup, with Yahoo 'game start' waivers setting, you can basically drop someone from your bench for a Sunday player if they don't do well on Thursday. I'm using that strategy with Powell tonight. He does well, I drop someone else. He sucks, I drop him for my defense this week.

I like these loopholes because people who actually pay attention benefit. The system shouldn't be broken down to the point where even retards are on an even playing field.

I like these loopholes because people who actually pay attention benefit. The system shouldn't be broken down to the point where even retards are on an even playing field.

i agree

but here come the "I HAVE A LIFE!!! I DONT HAVE TIME TO CHECK THE LG EVERY DAY!!" guys

i love those guys ... like they don't have the 60 seconds it takes to log in and scan the waiver wire.

i agree

but here come the "I HAVE A LIFE!!! I DONT HAVE TIME TO CHECK THE LG EVERY DAY!!" guys

As opposed to the "I HAVE NO LIFE, NO FAMILY, AND NO JOB SO I'LL KNOW THE EXACT MOMENT A GUY GETS INJURED IN PRACTICE AND CAN PICK UP HIS BACKUP BEFORE ANYONE ELSE DOES, 'CAUSE I'M A BOSS THAT WAY" guys? lol

Edit: In the spirit of getting back on topic, I should add that there's no way I'd start Powell this week; I'd rather wait to see how Williams handles a weaker run defense as the starter first.

Edited by jnormy
  • Like 1

i agree

As opposed to the "I HAVE NO LIFE, NO FAMILY, AND NO JOB SO I'LL KNOW THE EXACT MOMENT A GUY GETS INJURED IN PRACTICE AND CAN PICK UP HIS BACKUP BEFORE ANYONE ELSE DOES, 'CAUSE I'M A BOSS THAT WAY" guys? lol

Edit: In the spirit of getting back on topic, I should add that there's no way I'd start Powell this week; I'd rather wait to see how Williams handles a weaker run defense as the starter first.

So true. It's moments like these I realize that alot of the people I talk to on this forum are teenagers. And obviously do not have kids and a family. Or else their kids are seriously neglected as they sit glued to every second of football in order to get their free agents as guys get hurt.

Every day I come to the forums and notice this thread still exists. If you want to take a flier on a backup running back, go pick up Robert Turbin. At least Seattle has some semblance of an O-Line and Marshawn has missed quite a bit of time in the past.

Every day I come to the forums and notice this thread still exists. If you want to take a flier on a backup running back, go pick up Robert Turbin. At least Seattle has some semblance of an O-Line and Marshawn has missed quite a bit of time in the past.

the difference is seattle is no time share lynch gets ALL the carries. and if you wanna compare beast mode to ryan williams go right ahead buddy. powell doesnt need an injury to become relevant he could beat out a healthy (and unproductive) ryan williams. he already played more snaps than him in his nfl debut

Edited by kobe24

the difference is seattle is no time share lynch gets ALL the carries. and if you wanna compare beast mode to ryan williams go right ahead buddy

Turbin had 3x the carries as Powell last week in the so-called "timeshare" in Arizona...

the difference is seattle is no time share lynch gets ALL the carries. and if you wanna compare beast mode to ryan williams go right ahead buddy

Turbin had 3x the carries as Powell last week in the so-called "timeshare" in Arizona...

you obviosuly didnt watch the game. the reason he had only 2 carries is because the cardinal threw the ball almost 80% of the time. common sense tells us that is not going to happen on a regular basis. ryan williams played fewer snaps than powell. ryan williams is in no way the work horse like lynch is for seattle

Edited by kobe24

you obviosuly didnt watch the game. the reason he had only 2 carries is because the cardinal threw the ball almost 80% of the time. common sense tells us that is not going to happen on a regular basis. ryan williams played fewer snaps than powell. ryan williams is in no way the work horse like lynch is for seattle

Score the bucket and the foul for Kobe24! Or, should I say ... "Ooh, SNAP!" (Get it? Can't forget to count the snaps?)