Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RotoRanker

2012 Rotoworld Championships (League A)

I didnt consider the fact that there are 14 teams and people would take 2, sometimes 3 TEs....yikes. i'm looking at rosters for trade partners right now.

Great job sportsguy and fredrick.brewer, you both had big weeks. Lol luckily I didnt face either one of you guys.

Week One Results:

fredrick.brewer def. The Titan: 129.5-81.6

sportsguy21792 def. RotoRanker: 112.5-93

SurlyRobot def. SenatorSpaceman: 106.8-102.3

brockpapersizer def. Finally Detroit Wins: 95.3-77.5

mbroo5880i def. phizzics: 91.7-67.9

BlueDevils22 def. W74: 86.1-84.9

RAZRr1275 def. JDSupreme: 86.1-72.2

Updated Standings:

1. fredrick.brewer (1-0)

2. sportsguy21792 (1-0)

3. SurlyRobot (1-0)

4. brockpapersizer (1-0)

5. mbroo5880i (1-0)

6. RAZRr1275 (1-0)

7. BlueDevils22 (1-0)

8. SenatorSpaceman (0-1)

9. RotoRanker (0-1)

10. W74 (0-1)

11. The Titan (0-1)

12. Finally Detroit Wins (0-1)

13. JDSupreme (0-1)

14. phizzics (0-1)

Rotoworld Championships Power Rankings: (determined by total points regardless of record, with a bonus to teams in League A)

1. fredrick.brewer

2. sportsguy21792

3. SurlyRobot

4. SenatorSpaceman

5. Lt. Frank Drebin

6. bs61014

7. justgunz3

8. brockpapersizer

9. a tiger's jaw

10. RotoRanker

11. Reverse Cowgill

12. mbroo5880i

13. RotoFan75

14. JohnRuck

15. RAZRr1275

16. BlueDevils22

17. kushmoney

18. W74

19. The Titan

20. scienergy

21. Finally Detroit Wins

22. mpbaseball

23. JDSupreme

24. lawilt

25. phizzics

26. The Jet

King for the Week: (most points for the week)

This week's King for the Week goes to fredrick.brewer (129.5 points) for his dominating performance over every other team in the Rotoworld Championships. He scored 17 more points than the next highest scorer this week (sportsguy21792) and won his matchup by an astounding 47.9 points. It’s no coincidence the highest scoring player of Week 1 was Matt Ryan, the quarterback for fredrick.brewer.

Tough Luck Loser: (highest scoring team to lose)

SenatorSpaceman (102.3 points) put up a very solid showing being led by Tony Romo’s outstanding Wednesday night performance, but it just wasn’t enough to beat SurlyRobot, a team that was led in scoring by its kicker. Ultimately it was Chris Johnson and Wes Welker’s disappointing performances that sealed the fate for SenatorSpaceman.

Lucky Dog: (lowest scoring team to win)

This was really close. So close, in fact, it was determined by a tiebreaker. By having less bench points than RAZRr1275, it was BlueDevils22 (86.1 points) who wins the Lucky Dog award for the week. It wasn’t pretty for BlueDevils22 with Vick throwing four interceptions and none of his five runningbacks or wide receivers scoring a touchdown, but it was enough to eke past W74 and start the season 1-0.

I can't help but notice when I comb through the FA list that both Mark Sanchez and Kevin Kolb are projected to score more points than my starting QB.

Maybe I should pick up a better kicker to make up the difference?

I can't help but notice when I comb through the FA list that both Mark Sanchez and Kevin Kolb are projected to score more points than my starting QB.

Maybe I should pick up a better kicker to make up the difference?

Or pick up one of those guys...

eh one grab....rest of the game has been crap for the offense

Wow, apparently I was a week early on Kellen Davis...

no disrespect to the cutler owner here but damn he sucks....i am glad i didnt draft him (as of now at least) i took a long look pre-season...

so many picks and throwing off the back foot. I thought that offense would click with marshall and jeffery!

love the power rankings - what happened last week is why i was so high on qb/wr this year. Everything fell apart but brees and julio outscored their opposition by enough that i could pull it out. And now it seems like getting bush is going to pay off

Tough week for my RBs. Two of the toughest defenses in the league. Doesn't help that the rest of the offenses decided to not show up...

Well onto the next week!

and somehow with my absurd rb crew i'm 2-0 and now have a low end rb1 in bush. Interesting how this worked out

and somehow with my absurd rb crew i'm 2-0 and now have a low end rb1 in bush. Interesting how this worked out

yea i also saw that when i looked the standings and saw you had the lowest score for the top ranked guys. lol the first two teams you faced just didnt seem to score that much.

yea i also saw that when i looked the standings and saw you had the lowest score for the top ranked guys. lol the first two teams you faced just didnt seem to score that much.

exactly perfect matchups for him. eh, plenty of luck involved in this game. certainly not all "skill"

Week 2 Results:

sportsguy21792 def. mbroo5880i: 101.1-75.4

The Titan def. phizzics: 104.5-85.7

SurlyRobot def. fredrick.brewer: 102.5-78.7

Finally Detroit Wins def. RotoRanker: 128.5-86.7

brockpapersizer def. W74: 110.8-63

JDSupreme def. BlueDevils22: 106.8-74.3

RAZRr1275 def. SenatorSpaceman: 80.4-73

Updated Standings:

1. sportsguy21792 (2-0)

2. SurlyRobot (2-0)

3. brockpapersizer (2-0)

4. RAZRr1275 (2-0)

5. fredrick.brewer (1-1)

6. Finally Detroit Wins (1-1)

7. The Titan (1-1)

8. JDSupreme (1-1)

9. mbroo5880i (1-1)

10. BlueDevils22 (1-1)

11. RotoRanker (0-2)

12. SenatorSpaceman (0-2)

13. phizzics (0-2)

14. W74 (0-2)

Week 3 Matchups:

#1 sportsguy21792 vs. #7 The Titan

#2 SurlyRobot vs. #13 phizzics

#3 brockpapersizer vs. #8 JDSupreme

#4 RAZRr1275 vs. #5 fredrick.brewer

#6 Finally Detroit Wins vs. #14 W74

#9 mbroo5880i vs. #11 RotoRanker

#10 BlueDevils22 vs. #12 SenatorSpaceman

yeah i did get really lucky - things do seem to be looking up though with bush being the starter now. If julio, lloyd and brees step up as they should I should be ok

yeah i did get really lucky - things do seem to be looking up though with bush being the starter now. If julio, lloyd and brees step up as they should I should be ok

I actually thought I might pull off a nonsense win before McGahee went nuts in the 4th last night. My confidence was inspired by Julio's no-show.

Updated Power Rankings:

1) sportsguy21792

2) SurlyRobot

3) fredrick.brewer

4) brockpapersizer

5) Finally Detroit Wins

6) Reverse Cowgill

7) The Titan

8) kushmoney

9) RotoRanker

10) JDSupreme

11) a tiger's jaw

12) scienergy

13) SenatorSpaceman

14) Lt. Frank Drebin

15) RAZRr1275

16) mbroo5880i

17) lawilt

18) RotoFan75

19) BlueDevils22

20) phizzics

21) W74

22) mpbaseball

23) JohnRuck

24) The Jet

25) bs61014

26) justgunz3

King for the Week:

Finally Detroit Wins (128.5 points) wears the crown this week thanks to a QB-RB-WR trio of Robert Griffin (206 passing yards, 1 passing TD, 82 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD), Arian Foster (147 yards, 1 TD), and Dwayne Bowe (102 yards, 2 TD) who put up huge numbers. Add in a kicker who hit 4 field goals as icing on the cake and RotoRanker never stood a chance.

Tough Luck Loser of the Week:

One week after finishing 24th in the Power Rankings, lawilt's team came to play in Week 2. Led by Reggie Bush's 197 yards and two touchdowns, lawilt's team was good. Just not good enough to knock off Drew Brees and scienergy.

Lucky Dog of the Week:

It's pretty hard to win when your second round pick puts up just 15 yards without a score, but that's exactly what RAZRr1275 (80.4 points) was able to do. It wasn't pretty, but thanks to Tony Romo and Chris Johnson's disappointing games for SenatorSpaceman, RAZRr1275 heads into Week 3 still undefeated.

Wow, Cutler has been making me regret picking him already...

That was the worst no-call that I've ever seen. The Packers were cheated. With that said, Hello King of the Week again. That TD made me beat JDSupreme by 1.3 points......

That was the worst no-call that I've ever seen. The Packers were cheated. With that said, Hello King of the Week again. That TD made me beat JDSupreme by 1.3 points......

What you talkin bout Willis? Outside of jinxing yourself this week lol

What you talkin bout Willis? Outside of jinxing yourself this week lol

Lol you were ourscoring me until that fluke TD by Tate since you were playing GB defense.