Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RotoRanker

2012 Rotoworld Championships (League B)

so are waivers not going to be based on the reverse order of the standings like every other normal league?

Dont know what you are talking about lawilt, Im in 22 (yahoo, yahoo pro, cbs, espn) leagues and none have that waiver system. I was in one last year that had it and I didn't like it, even though I was getting great chances at a good pick up almost every week since my team sucked, hahaha. Not fair IMO to reward the worst owner each and every week with the 1st priority at waivers.

its more fair then letting the top teams hold their wavier claims till a big injury happens then have first pick when they dont need to waste the claim bc there doing so well in the league already and are able to wait on the big injury like say cj spiller sitting on waivers. plus what if you get an injury right before game starts and pick up someone to start bc of that injury then you automatically go to the end of the line.....just think its more fair to let the bad teams first crack at waivers

The rules are the same for everybody and any team can hold onto their waiver spot, not just top teams. If a potential superstar is out there on waivers, well that's just too bad for every team who doesn't have top priority (whether the #1 waiver team is in first place or last place). It's not completely fair (which is why I wanted to do FAAB, but was outvoted), but it's more fair than rewarding teams for being bad which is essentially what you're clamoring for. At least this involves some strategy and the person who has the #1 waiver claim has generally earned it by saving it.

Awesome start of the week for my team, nothing like starting with a -.01 score :rolleyes: , James Jones is now in my "stay away at all costs" list, what a bum, hahaha

the only reason i voted that way was bc i assumed it meant its based on record which i assume other people thought as well....you should have given a better explanation of it

Victor Cruz sucks yo. Insulting offers yo.

I would like that.. but im playing you this week and Cruz pretty much killed me

Victor Cruz sucks yo. Insulting offers yo.

I would like that.. but im playing you this week and Cruz pretty much killed me

Lol, nah, I traded him already, Roto has him now. McFadden/Cruz for Foster/Pitta.

You are playing Roto, who is killing you BTW haha.

A little drama at the end with Willis finding the fountain of youth, but Team RotoFan75 prevailed and got the win despite the "efforts" of James Jones and Aaron Hernandez. :wub: you Cammy and Cruz.

Week 2 Results:

Reverse Cowgill def. a tiger's jaw: 126.3-102

scienergy def. lawilt: 116.8-109.7

kushmoney def. bs61014: 113.8-46.6

The Jet def. JohnRuck: 109.4-70.7

RotoFan75 def. mpbaseball: 90-85

Lt. Frank Drebin def. justgunz3: 88-47.7

Updated Standings:

1. kushmoney (2-0)

2. Lt. Frank Drebin (2-0)

3. RotoFan75 (2-0)

4. Reverse Cowgill (1-1)

5. scienergy (1-1)

6. mpbaseball (1-1)

7. The Jet (1-1)

8. bs61014 (1-1)

9. justgunz3 (1-1)

10. a tiger's jaw (0-2)

11. lawilt (0-2)

12. JohnRuck (0-2)

Week 3 Matchups:

#1 kushmoney vs. #10 a tiger's jaw

#2 Lt. Frank Drebin vs. #12 JohnRuck

#3 RotoFan75 vs. #7 The Jet

#4 Reverse Cowgill vs. #9 justgunz3

#5 scienergy vs. #8 bs61014

#6 mpbaseball vs. #11 lawilt

I made

Thinking about your trade proposal Lt. Frank Drebin, VERY tempting considering I'm shallow at WR, but that Raiders Circus act from Monday night scares me a bit, might have to sleep on this one and have an answer tomorrow morning.

After consulting my pillow i have decided to accept the trade. Looks (on paper at least) that both of us will benefit from it:

You get an improvement over your already great RB at the expense of giving up a WR star, but you have great depth at WR.

I give up arguably the most valuable player, but get in return an elite RB (with a lot of risk, though) and a star WR, a very shallow position in my team.

Hope this ends up being a win-win trade :) .

I made a thread about that trade here. It looks like others think that was a win-win as well.

2 and 0 heading into a harder then advertised match up against Ruck. Let's see how that trade does me this week, Cruz was a monster week 2. I knew he was no fluke when I traded him, I'm just a huge Foster fan and trying to be as non-knee jerk as possible am souring some on McFadden, but man I didn't see that explosion coming.

It's something watching him play, sucks he's a New York Giant...

Yeah, still feeling good about the trade, never doubted Cruz is a playmaker, Foster will put up the crazy numbers, it will come down to McFadden to decide who will win the most out of this move at the end.

TRADE NOTICE: I have approved another trade, I was offered Brandon Lloyd for Blackmon & Alfred Smith, looks like BS61014 is shallow at RB depth, let us know if you feel like this trade is unfair. Although Lloyd hasn't put up the numbers, he has had a lot of targets. Blackmon has been a dissapointment but he has too much talent to be this bad. Morris has been the main back at WAS, but this is Shannahan we are talking about, so nothing is set in stone in that backfield.

if anyone has a extra rb, throw me an offer because i basically only have 1 RB right now

This was a very interesting week. We had six teams score over 96 points while the other six teams scored under 76. There were two matchups decided by an average of 48.5 points, while the other four matchups were decided by a total of 5.1 points. Every team that entered without a loss, lost. And every team that entered without a win, won. Meaning every team is either 2-1 or 1-2 and within one game of first place. Coincidentally the highest scoring team in the league so far (Reverse Cowgill) is 1-2, while the lowest scoring team in the league (The Jet) is 2-1.

Week 3 Results:

lawilt def. mpbaseball: 118.4-54

JohnRuck def. Lt. Frank Drebin: 110.5-107.6

bs61014 def. scienergy: 108.2-75.7

justgunz3 def. Reverse Cowgill: 96.7-96.6

a tiger's jaw def. kushmoney: 73.1-73.1 (bench points: 59.1-58.6)

The Jet def. RotoFan75: 59.2-57.1

Updated Standings:

1. Lt. Frank Drebin (2-1)

2. kushmoney (2-1)

3. bs61014 (2-1)

4. justgunz3 (2-1)

5. RotoFan75 (2-1)

6. The Jet (2-1)

7. Reverse Cowgill (1-2)

8. lawilt (1-2)

9. scienergy (1-2)

10. a tiger's jaw (1-2)