Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RotoRanker

2012 Rotoworld Championships (League B)

sent u an offer.

id be willing to throw in daniel thomas too.

Updated Standings:

1) scienergy (8-3)

2) Lt. Frank Drebin (8-3)

3) JohnRuck (7-4)

4) bs61014 (6-5)

5) The Jet (6-5)

6) justgunz3 (5-6)

7) mpbaseball (5-6)

8) kushmoney (5-6)

9) RotoFan75 (5-6)

10) lawilt (5-6)

11) a tiger's jaw (3-8)

12) Reverse Cowgill (3-8)

-Would be promoted if the season ended today

-Still alive

-Mathematically eliminated

#HelloFirstPlace

Hey Drebin, I want a refund, the McFadden you sent me was defective :D:lol:

We're sorry to inform but the warranty on that model expired week 8. As per our return policy we cannot offer a refund but feel free to use our extensive waiver wire network to repair the unit.

We're sorry to inform but the warranty on that model expired week 8. As per our return policy we cannot offer a refund but feel free to use our extensive waiver wire network to repair the unit.

LMAO :lol:

I'm just going to remind everybody now to NOT look at the ESPN standings once the playoffs come. I keep my own standings based on how teams perform. I said this at the beginning of the year, but this is just a reminder. I will tell everybody what they have to do after next week, or if there's any questions, feel free to ask.

Standings:

1) Lt. Frank Drebin (9-3)

2) scienergy (8-4)

3) JohnRuck (7-5)

4) bs61014 (7-5)

5) The Jet (7-5)

6) justgunz3 (6-6)

7) kushmoney (6-6)

8) RotoFan75 (6-6)

9) mpbaseball (5-7)

10) lawilt (5-7)

11) a tiger's jaw (3-9)

12) Reverse Cowgill (3-9)

-Still alive

JohnRuck, being the points leader, is automatically in control of one of the three promotional spots. The other two promotions go to the two highest ranked teams in the standings, that currently being Lt. Frank Drebin and scienergy (though once the playoffs come, they will be up for grabs).

Last week, two teams were eliminated from advancing into League A next year. With just four weeks left in the season, two more teams are on the bubble and facing elimination this week. RotoFan75 needs a win to stay alive and faces mpbaseball (5-7). kushmoney also needs a win, but faces the more difficult task of taking on a desperate bs61014 (7-5). Both teams need to win out and get help in order to keep their hopes of a promotion alive.

The Game of the Week is Lt. Frank Drebin vs. justgunz3. Lt. Frank Drebin is virtually guaranteed a spot in the playoffs, but can mathematically clinch one with a victory this week, which would make the outcome of next week's regular season finale irrelevant for him. On the other side is justgunz3, who is one loss away from missing the playoffs and being eliminated from winning the League B Championship. Yet he's right in the thick of things in the battle for the points lead and the promotion that comes with it. In fact, Lt. Frank Drebin is only averaging 1.0 more points per week than justgunz3. With a big week, justgunz3 could realistically be the points leader heading into the final three weeks of the season.

Standings:

1) Lt. Frank Drebin (9-3)

2) scienergy (8-4)

3) JohnRuck (7-5)

4) bs61014 (7-5)

5) The Jet (7-5)

6) justgunz3 (6-6)

7) kushmoney (6-6)

8) RotoFan75 (6-6)

9) mpbaseball (5-7)

10) lawilt (5-7)

11) a tiger's jaw (3-9)

12) Reverse Cowgill (3-9)

-Still alive

JohnRuck, being the points leader, is automatically in control of one of the three promotional spots. The other two promotions go to the two highest ranked teams in the standings, that currently being Lt. Frank Drebin and scienergy (though once the playoffs come, they will be up for grabs).

Last week, two teams were eliminated from advancing into League A next year. With just four weeks left in the season, two more teams are on the bubble and facing elimination this week. RotoFan75 needs a win to stay alive and faces mpbaseball (5-7). kushmoney also needs a win, but faces the more difficult task of taking on a desperate bs61014 (7-5). Both teams need to win out and get help in order to keep their hopes of a promotion alive.

The Game of the Week is Lt. Frank Drebin vs. justgunz3. Lt. Frank Drebin is virtually guaranteed a spot in the playoffs, but can mathematically clinch one with a victory this week, which would make the outcome of next week's regular season finale irrelevant for him. On the other side is justgunz3, who is one loss away from missing the playoffs and being eliminated from winning the League B Championship. Yet he's right in the thick of things in the battle for the points lead and the promotion that comes with it. In fact, Lt. Frank Drebin is only averaging 1.0 more points per week than justgunz3. With a big week, justgunz3 could realistically be the points leader heading into the final three weeks of the season.

so I am automatically promoted even if i lose this week and next week?

how do you plan on doing the playoffs?

so I am automatically promoted even if i lose this week and next week?

how do you plan on doing the playoffs?

As long as you don't lose your points lead, it doesn't matter where you finish in the standings. You could lose each of the next four weeks and finish in 10th place at 7-9 and if your team is still somehow the highest scoring team in the league, you'd still be promoted into League A next year.

The playoff format is a bit complicated. I'll explain it more clearly as we get closer so I can give specific scenarios. Basically four teams make the playoffs. The team that wins both their playoff games will be the Champion. That's one promotion. The points leader will be another owner promoted into League A. That should be simple enough, but after that is where it gets complicated. After those promotions are given away, the third and final promotion doesn't necessarily go to the team that loses in the championship (even though they will show up as finishing in second place according to ESPN).

Well it was a good year guys.. Lesson learned.. Dont trust FJax and McGahee to be your top running backs

Well it was a good year guys.. Lesson learned.. Dont trust FJax and McGahee to be your top running backs

I know how you feel! Demarco Murray has been injured for the majority of the season <_<

Not to mention Bradshaw is a roller coaster and forte hasnt been playing well since I traded for him.

My wr's has carried my team hahah

I'm just going to remind everybody now to NOT look at the ESPN standings once the playoffs come. I keep my own standings based on how teams perform. I said this at the beginning of the year, but this is just a reminder. I will tell everybody what they have to do after next week, or if there's any questions, feel free to ask.

Wait, what?

Edit: Never mind, should have kept scrolling down.

I thought you meant you were going to personally reseed the actual playoffs.

Standings:

1) Lt. Frank Drebin (9-4)

2) JohnRuck (8-5)

3) scienergy (8-5)

4) bs61014 (8-5)

5) justgunz3 (7-6)

6) RotoFan75 (7-6)

7) The Jet (7-6)

8) kushmoney (6-7)

9) lawilt (6-7)

10) mpbaseball (5-8)

11) a tiger's jaw (4-9)

12) Reverse Cowgill (3-10)

-Still alive

JohnRuck had the highest scoring week in the league for the third time this year and extended his points lead to 47.2 over justgunz3 with just three weeks remaining. However justgunz3 was able to put up a big week himself and stay alive not only for a playoff spot, but also for a chance at catching JohnRuck for the points lead.

Breakdowns for every team still alive:

Lt. Frank Drebin: Playoff spot clinched. Needs to win this week against JohnRuck to clinch the #1 overall seed.

JohnRuck: Playoff spot clinched. Needs to win this week against Lt. Frank Drebin to clinch the #1 overall seed.

scienergy: Can clinch a playoff spot with a win over bs61014. Can still get in with a loss, but then would need Reverse Cowgill to win.

bs61014: Can clinch a playoff spot with a win over scienergy. Can still get in with a loss, but then would need Reverse Cowgill to win and would need to outscore RotoFan75 by at least 31.7 points.

justgunz3: Can clinch a playoff spot with a win and by not getting outscored by 17.3 points by scienergy.

RotoFan75: Can make the playoffs with a win and a scienergy win, a Reverse Cowgill win, and by not getting outscored by 31.7 by bs61014.

Standings:

1) Lt. Frank Drebin (9-4)

2) JohnRuck (8-5)

3) scienergy (8-5)

4) bs61014 (8-5)

5) justgunz3 (7-6)

6) RotoFan75 (7-6)

7) The Jet (7-6)

8) kushmoney (6-7)

9) lawilt (6-7)

10) mpbaseball (5-8)

11) a tiger's jaw (4-9)

12) Reverse Cowgill (3-10)

-Still alive

JohnRuck had the highest scoring week in the league for the third time this year and extended his points lead to 47.2 over justgunz3 with just three weeks remaining. However justgunz3 was able to put up a big week himself and stay alive not only for a playoff spot, but also for a chance at catching JohnRuck for the points lead.

Breakdowns for every team still alive:

Lt. Frank Drebin: Playoff spot clinched. Needs to win this week against JohnRuck to clinch the #1 overall seed.

JohnRuck: Playoff spot clinched. Needs to win this week against Lt. Frank Drebin to clinch the #1 overall seed.

scienergy: Can clinch a playoff spot with a win over bs61014. Can still get in with a loss, but then would need Reverse Cowgill to win.

bs61014: Can clinch a playoff spot with a win over scienergy. Can still get in with a loss, but then would need Reverse Cowgill to win and would need to outscore RotoFan75 by at least 31.7 points.

justgunz3: Can clinch a playoff spot with a win and by not getting outscored by 17.3 points by scienergy.

RotoFan75: Can make the playoffs with a win and a scienergy win, a Reverse Cowgill win, and by not getting outscored by 31.7 by bs61014.

Best comish in all of Fantasy Football

Awesome job running this league all season long

I wish I had a fighting chance but Cowgill is rocking Michael Vick as his starter :lol:.... all I need is a miracle :) .

Now FJax is done for the year, lol. Gonna have to go with Dwyer and some trash now..

Points leader to end the season! Feels good in such a competitive league of above average owners

Standings:

1) Lt. Frank Drebin (10-4)

2) scienergy (9-5)

3) JohnRuck (8-6)

4) justgunz3 (8-6)

5) RotoFan75 (8-6)

6) bs61014 (8-6)

7) lawilt (7-7)

8) The Jet (7-7)

9) kushmoney (6-8)

10) mpbaseball (5-9)

11) a tiger's jaw (5-9)

12) Reverse Cowgill (3-11)

-Playing for the League B Championship

-Eliminated

Week 15 matchups:

Game 1: #1 Lt. Frank Drebin vs. #4 justgunz3

Game 2: #2 scienergy vs. #3 JohnRuck

Game 3: #5 RotoFan75 vs. #6 bs61014

Game 4: #7 lawilt vs. #8 The Jet

Game 5: #9 kushmoney vs. #10 mpbaseball

Game 6: #11 a tiger's jaw vs. Reverse Cowgill

Breakdowns for this week:

#1 Lt. Frank Drebin: If he wins, he clinches a spot in League A next year and will play the winner of Game 2 for the League B Championship. If he loses, he plays the loser of Game 2 for a spot in League A next year and third place.

#4 justgunz3: If he wins, he clinches a spot in League A next year and will play the winner of Game 2 for the League B Championship. If he loses, he plays the loser of Game 2 for third place.

#2 scienergy: If he wins, he clinches a spot in League A next year and will play the winner of Game 1 for the League B Championship. If he loses, he plays the loser of Game 1 for third place.

#3 JohnRuck: If he wins, he clinches a spot in League A next year and will play the winner of Game 1 for the League B Championship. If he loses, he plays the loser of Game 1 for third place.

#5 RotoFan75: Can still make it into League A next year, but needs help. I will explain below.

#6 bs61014: Cannot make it into League A next year because he's too far behind in points. If he wins, he will finish the season in 5th place. If he loses, he will play the winner of Game 4 for 6th place.

Game 4: Winner plays the loser of Game 3 for 6th place. Loser plays the winner of Game 5 for 8th.

Game 5: Winner plays the loser of Game 4 for 8th place. Loser plays the winner of Game 6 for 10th.

Game 6: Winner plays the loser of Game 5 for 10th place. Loser finishes the season in 12th.

Don't forget that in order to play in League A next year, even if you earn a promotion, you still must qualify for that league. That essentially means 1) have at least 1000 posts by the time I set up the league next year, and 2) don't be a jerk that others don't want to play with.

So here's how the three promotions into League A work. Of the four playoff teams (Lt. Frank Drebin, scienergy, JohnRuck, and justgunz3), the two teams that win this week will play each other for the League Championship. Those two teams will finish the season #1 and #2 and will earn two of the promotions.

That leaves one promotion left. This will automatically be awarded to the points leader if they have not already qualified for a promotion. If the points leader (JohnRuck as of right now) is one of the top two teams, then the promotion will still be up for grabs and will be determined based on two tiebreakers. The first tiebreaker is overall record, and the second one is total points. This is how RotoFan75 is still alive despite not being a playoff team. If he wins the next two weeks to finish at 10-6 and is the highest scoring 10-6 team in the league, he can earn a promotion into League A.

Lt. Frank Drebin is the only person that can guarantee himself a spot in League A next year with a win in Week 16. If he finishes at 11-5 or better, he's in League A, period. Even if he loses both of the next two weeks, he can still make it into League A if he's the highest scoring 10-6 team in the league.

I hope this makes sense to everybody. Basically pay attention to overall record, as well as your point totals.