Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

1,042 posts in this topic

Everyone knows how this works, so i won't bother with explanations. Its also a lot more fun than just plugging one defense in all season long.

My first rotation of the year:

Texans, Bears, Bengals.

Schedule:

Week 1: Miami

Week 2: Jacksonville

Week 3: St. Louis

Week 4: Jacksonville

Week 5: Jacksonville (or Miami, pick one)

Week 6: Cleveland

Unless the Jags or the Phins are unexpectedly good, this should yield some interesting results.

Share your streaming strategies, thoughts on underrated D's, etc.

own the bills in 2 leagues, pats in my 14 teamer

i love the cardinals dst as a matchup play ... also keeping an eye on KC ... and, wait for it ...

the rams defense. long, laurenitis, and what should be a much improved secondary (i think they lost like 5 CBs last year ... and added Finnegan/Jenkins) with a joke schedule.

I have the bills in two leagues, just dropped Arizona in one league for them. I like Arizona as a target but I like the bills matchup w the jets better than Arizona at Seattle week 1.

As for kickers, I have Hartley in one league and dropped Akers for Greg the leg in the other. Hanson is actually available in the league I have Greg but i like having Greg so I'm gonna roll with him week one and see what happens.

Didn't draft a Defense so looking at a few options for Week 1. Only have a 4 man bench in a 14 team league so keeping two really hurts depth. Here we go:

Vikings vs. Jaguars: Good chance of sacks IMO, but I think the expectations of INT's should be tempered. I like it overall, and MJD will be limited, but something tells me Gabbert and Blackmon are gonna show up.

Falcons @ Chiefs: If I could count on Cassel being mediocre, I'm sure the Falcons D can contain Charles/Hillis decently. But the offense has shown sparks recently and ATL is on the road. Lots of variables.

Seahawks @ Cardinals: I like both matchups for the D's here, but favor SEA. I think the only certainty for the Cards is that Fitz will find a way to have a good game. Seattle's run game should burn the clock and keep the Cards' score low. Neither of these D's is available in my 14-man league.

Bengals @ Ravens: New offense in Baltimore means there will be some mistakes. Flacco will recover, but not after some pain this game. CIN will get run over by Rice but they have a pretty good looking secondary. If Flacco gets full control of the no-huddle I'm thinking two INT's in a relatively close game.

Raiders @ Chargers: Sneaky pick here IMO, if Ford or Moore return. Mathews likely missing, McFadden should explode (yards/points wise, not injury wise...yet), and Rivers will be looking to make up for a down year. Pressure should build on the road for the Chargers who may end up winning, but I expect a turnover-heavy game. Not highest on my list, but an option if OAK WR's can play.

Anyone have a favorite this week?

What about kickers?

Greg Zoolander Week 1 vs Gould?

I like Pats this week. Hate to root against my team but Locker just doesn't have the experience to face the Patriots yet. I'm expecting an ugly loss with a couple picks given his bad accuracy. Wouldn't be surprised if New England gives up a couple big plays at all though.

I like to try to grab up a week 2 defense right before week 1's games (to save myself from using a waiver or having someone else snatch them up).

Early good matchups I see so far: (some teams owned, some not, depending on your league):

Cincinnati vs. Cleveland (rookie Qb, rookie RB, on the road. Cincy is a very underrated defense. I think they're my top choice)

NY Jets vs. Pitt (Jets unowned in a lot of leagues surprisingly. Pitt loves to give up sacks, no running game at all, weak o-line)

NE vs. Arizona (personally don't like them, but the #1 projected week 2 defense in Yahoo...not that that means anything).

Buffalo vs. KC

what are your thoughts on these? Or any others you guys might see as sleepers for week 2?

I like CIncy personally. And they matchup with Miami, Jacksonville, and then Cleveland again all by week 6...so they're a team you can hold onto and use for a while.

I don't like the jets d because they have zero offense. Tebow will start soon and a WR not named Holmes will emerge.

Week 1 going with Vikings. Gabbert had a decent preseason, but....so do a lot of crappy players every year. Welcome to the real Mr. Gabbert

Kicking job goes to hartley for the year.

What defenses are you looking to stream next week? Here are a few interesting ones on my wire:

OAK @ MIA

CIN vs CLE

SD vs TB

Leaning towards OAK.

What defenses are you looking to stream next week? Here are a few interesting ones on my wire:

SD vs TB

Giants play TB next week. San Diego plays Tennessee

My rankings go like this next week:

NE v Arizona

Oakland v Miami

Texans v Jags

Giants v Bucs

Bills v KC

Skins v Rams

Vikings v Colts

OAK @ MIA

CIN vs CLE

SD vs TB

Leaning towards OAK.

I have similar options, and am going with Cincy in all my leagues.

They have a very underrated defense (top 10 in almost every category last year). Defensive minded coach in Marvin Lewis, and a lot of young talent that will only get better.

But the REAL reason is their opponent. I'm not exaggerating when I say that Brandon Weedon might have had the WORST single game QB performance I have ever see in the NFL...ever. If the Eagles themselves didn't haev 6 turnovers, the Browns wouldn't have score 1 point.

Another multiple sack, multiple INT, low point total game for the Browns. Cincy is my #1 defense next week.

cincy has a great schedule in the next few weeks. if you add them, you might not need to add another defense except one week vs washington

is New England going to be better vs the pass?

Weren't they dead last a season ago vs the pass?

I wouldn't recommend wasting your time drafting NE's DST. It's probably going to be at least another year before they see any real improvement.

I'm rolling with NE week vs 2 vs ARI.

They play a bunch of weak sauce offenses this year.

Last year they finished 11th in fantasy scoring.

I'm guessing that number will possibly go down this year.

This is a quote from the thread that got shut down. I just wanted to point out that NE Def led the league in Takeaways last year with 34, despite there poor yards against. A combination of that stat, weak offenses across their division, and the improvements they made this offseason with the pass rush - makes this a very very good Def that before this week was on most everyones WW.

Would you guys rather stream Cincy against Cleveland or go with a stud defense in the 49ers with a tougher matchup against the Lions?

justin tucker or greg zuerlein

everyone is coo coo for greg puffs but tucker being on a team that will be able to march it down the field, kick a lot of field goals and he can obviously kick the long one good as well.

Who will have the better season