Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

Guest JimmyGs

Here are a list of widely available Defenses and their matchups for Week 6...and how I would rank them.

We seem to be looking at similar teams, so I'm curious to see your feedback of how you'd rank them, we should be able to come to a consensus of the top 2 or 3:

Mia vs. Stl

Stl @ Mia (torn on these two to be honest)

TB vs. KC

Det @ Phil

Ari vs. Buf

NE @ Sea

Buf @ Ari (was much higher on them after seeing Kolb sacked over and over Thursday, but they looked dreadful on Sunday)

Detroit was pretty awful to start the year, and dropped in a lot of my leagues prior to their bye week. I just scooped them up (since waivers only lock for teams as they play) thinking about Vick's turnover problems. But now I might be thinking TB vs. KC would be a better matcup. KC looked awful, might be starting Quinn.

Thoughts?

I picked up TB FWIW. Giants sucked again.

Have the Cardinals right now - they did OK, but not great.

Should I try for Buffalo next week (as in, the team that will be playing the Cardinals)? My league gives points for sacks/interceptions/3-and-outs.

I went and picked up Buffalo defense in all my leagues. Arizona allowed 8 sacks vs. Mia, 8 sacks vs. Stl.

Buffalo D hasn't been that good so far, but they have the personnel for sure, and could do a world of damage against that Arizona o-line.

Only problem then is trying to find someone for week 6. I'm leaning NE vs. Jets then.

I like where this is going, plus Ryan Williams got hurt and there other RBs are hurt too.

Have the Cardinals right now - they did OK, but not great.

Should I try for Buffalo next week (as in, the team that will be playing the Cardinals)? My league gives points for sacks/interceptions/3-and-outs.

I went and picked up Buffalo defense in all my leagues. Arizona allowed 8 sacks vs. Mia, 8 sacks vs. Stl.

Buffalo D hasn't been that good so far, but they have the personnel for sure, and could do a world of damage against that Arizona o-line.

Only problem then is trying to find someone for week 6. I'm leaning NE vs. Jets then.

I like where this is going, plus Ryan Williams got hurt and there other RBs are hurt too.

Then again though, if they have a lousy offense this week - that will put their defense on the field way more, with more time to score more. Arggg, I'm torn.

Im picking up Tampa's D this week. They should crush Brady Quinn and KC.

Buffalo's OL is missing several starters and Fitzpatrick is always good for a pick for two. They are a team very low on confidence. That Bills D doesn't look like a good pick to me at all.

miami vs rams looks good for next week.

Thought Arizona looked good vs Rams and look how that turned out.

Rams can put up a lot of points via their kicker.

Might be harder to get into FG range without amendola.

Well, the game was played at home at the rams. This game is in miami, plus miami has really good run def so that can put sjax out of the equation plus his been uneffective thus far. No amendola and the passing game suffers. I just don't see rams putting much points on the board this week except maybe fg's.

Atlanta be a good one too against the raiders but not aviable in some leagues already.

well the Bears are on bye this week, so here are my waiver options

Dolphins vs. Rams - Amendola is out for a couple months

Cardinals vs. Bills - Bills suck, Cardinals D has done well this year

Buccaneers vs. Chiefs - KC is bad and Quinn may be starting?

Bengals @ Browns - ESPN projects this the highest?

also available: Patriots @ Seahawks, Bills @ Cardinals, Jets vs. Colts, Colts vs. Jets, Cowboys @ Ravens

thoughts? I need a save bet, really just don't want negative points

I doubt they are a streaming option, but i am rolling with Patriots at Seahawks this week. The Pats are a strong run-stopping unit; capable of containing Lynch and they will make Wilson throw at them. Brady and co. should be able to get a lead on their D, as good as it may be. The Hawks are solid at home, but they haven't faced an offense as well-rounded as the Pats either.

Been rolling with AZ & they've been pretty solid but their offense is terrible & puts them in some terrible field position lately. Plus, they play BUF who's got some pretty good playmakers.

Really like ATL at home versus OAK. They should get up early & then could have a field day versus an immobile Palmer.

MIA looks like a good start at home versus STL minus their best WR.

Quite a few good choices this week...

I doubt they are a streaming option, but i am rolling with Patriots at Seahawks this week. The Pats are a strong run-stopping unit; capable of containing Lynch and they will make Wilson throw at them. Brady and co. should be able to get a lead on their D, as good as it may be. The Hawks are solid at home, but they haven't faced an offense as well-rounded as the Pats either.

Love the Pats this week as well, and looking at their schedule, I'm keeping them for a while:

@ Sea

NY Jets

@ St. Louis

Buffalo

Indy

@ NY Jets

@ Miami

Houston

San Fran

@ Jacksonville (for fantasy Championships)

Love the Pats this week as well, and looking at their schedule, I'm keeping them for a while:

@ Sea

NY Jets

@ St. Louis

Buffalo

Indy

@ NY Jets

@ Miami

Houston

San Fran

Would you drop Arizona's D for the Patriots? They happen to be sitting on the waiver wire at the moment

They are ranked 23rd in my league points wise. 87 points allowed, 7 sacks, 6 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery through 5 weeks.

Is there any reason to stick with them or is it time to get the best available from the waiver wire?

@ Sea

NY Jets

@ St. Louis

Buffalo

Indy

@ NY Jets

@ Miami

Houston

San Fran

Would you drop Arizona's D for the Patriots? They happen to be sitting on the waiver wire at the moment

Zona has a great match-up this week against the Bills, so i wouldn't be in a hurry to drop them. The Pats have a nice schedule, especially at home. Cards have two home games in their next 3 (they are a no-brainer start when they play at home) but they have some rough upcoming away trips to Green Bay and Atlanta. But they have two home games in the playoffs as well, so that's worth remembering.

Pitt is w/o Polamalu. Should I stick with them @ Ten, or pickup a Florida DST, ATL, or BUF?

League 1

SF at home vs. NYG

or

Pit on the Road vs. Ten (TNF)

League 2

Cin on the road vs CLE

Min on the road vs. WAS

I see dozens of questions, but very few responses or suggestions. I think the injuries to teams we thought we had figured out (e.g. Oakland, St. Louis, Arizona, KC, BUF), has a lot of us unsure of what to really expect. It's like the decks got shuffled again, and though we expect teams to be have poor offenses, we don't have a whole lot of confidence in the DSTs playing them.

That said, here's my take.

I guess ATL is pretty safe at home, but Carson gets his weapons back. This game could be higher scoring than expected.

Seattle plays inspired at home, and has a good overall DST. NE could struggle on the road to score, but SEA won't score much, either.

Miami is good at home, but if STL focuses on stopping Bush, Miami could struggle vs. the pass. I think St. Louis on the road is the better play than Miami actually. Low scoring affair, I'm sure.

PIT is home and plays Hasselbeck on a short week. I hate Thurs. night games, and have sworn to disavow playing anyone on them. But then I noticed it was the offense players that did poorly, and the DSTs played well. In this case, though Polamalu is out, Pit should do well. They have been average at best, though.

Arizona hosting Buffalo. Um...who knows what to expect here. Buffalo should dominate Arizona...but it's Buffalo.

Good luck.

i'm starting buffalo in 2 leagues, AZ in one

i expect a whole lot of ugly in this game.