Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

I made a Topic about this, but so far got no hits...could you guys help me exploit my league's defense/special teams scoring?

This is my family league, and though I've argued at many thanksgivings' and Christmas', my older cousin the commissioner refuses to change the league scoring. It's PPR and we also get a point per completion from QB's. The part I'm having trouble with is our defensive scoring. It's weird, the Browns were the highest scoring defense in our league this week with 39 points.

Here is our league scoring settings: http://imgur.com/ouUhl

Here is a list of the 2011 top D/ST based on our scoring: http://imgur.com/7DCk0

Here are the D/ST available for me to pick up (notice the points they put up): http://imgur.com/227is

I currently have the Lions rostered, but I feel like that's a bad move and need to get a D that has a solid return game but can also create turnovers.

who would you rather stick with for the ROS?

Garrett Hartley (Saints score tons of TD's which can mean worthless PAT's. but they can also be ahead by a ton of points, leading to lots of rushing and FG's in the 2nd halves of games).

or

Nate Kaeding (no elite WR to score TD's. only real option is Gates. I could see chargers offense sputter in red zone quite a bit. they're good between the 20's, but struggle in the red zone.)

I think I'm rolling with the Cowboys rather than the Bengals this week. If the Bengals had played better last night I'd probably grab them, but that performance and the fact that the Lions didn't fair that well against St Louis has me questioning how effective the Cincinnati defense will be. What do you guys think?

Pats are highly ranked this week vs ARI. Take them or CIN vs Browns?

How about if Jet's @ PIT was an option?

is New England going to be better vs the pass?

Weren't they dead last a season ago vs the pass?

I wouldn't recommend wasting your time drafting NE's DST. It's probably going to be at least another year before they see any real improvement.

I'm rolling with NE week vs 2 vs ARI.

They play a bunch of weak sauce offenses this year.

Last year they finished 11th in fantasy scoring.

I'm guessing that number will possibly go down this year.

This is a quote from the thread that got shut down. I just wanted to point out that NE Def led the league in Takeaways last year with 34, despite there poor yards against. A combination of that stat, weak offenses across their division, and the improvements they made this offseason with the pass rush - makes this a very very good Def that before this week was on most everyones WW.

Who would you rather have NE D or Jets D this season? Both are available for me.

I'm going with Cinci this week. They're playing the Browns... The Browns. I drafted Seattle in the 15th that didn't work out too great last week, so here we go. I can't understnad why evryone in my league took a Def in the 6th-8th round. To each his own I suppose.

It is a little hard to stream in my league cause most owners have 2 defenses??? but I took Seattle so I'm back to streaming.

This week its Skins against the Rams and I might stick with them for week 3 or I might take Bills against Browns if they show improvement in week 2.

Bill will explode this week @ home v.s. KC

So IMO I go BIlls, Redskins, Raiders, Saints, Bengals

I have Denver but I don't like their next two matchups ATL & HOU. And they play some really good offenses throughout the season, so I'm going to drop them and stream.

This week I have these options: Giants vs TB , Dallas @ SEA, Oakland @ MIA

What do you think?

bump

OAK @ MIA

or

Cin vs CLE

I like Cincinnati. They're better than they showed against Baltimore. And Cleveland looks putrid. I think Miami is bad, but how good is Oaklands defense really? They have to travel all the way down to Miami. I think the Bengals are the better pick this week.

Ill try to do this every week guys. One thing is I always lean towards good defenses in neutral matchups over average or bad defenses with great matchups. Also, I always lean towards home defenses over road defenses. My top 12 D/ST rankings this week (the team I picked listed first):

1. HOU @ JAX

2. NYJ @ PIT

3. SF vs DET

4. CIN vs CLE

5. NE vs ARI

6. PHI vs BAL

7. NYG vs TB

8. OAK @ MIA

9. WAS @ STL

10. DAL @ SEA

11. BUF vs KC

12. BAL @ PHI

Do people like STL vs WAS this week? I think everyone is considering Detroit one of the worst matchups for a D/ST and they put up some solid numbers last week. Do people think the Redskins come back down to earth a bit?

Do people like STL vs WAS this week? I think everyone is considering Detroit one of the worst matchups for a D/ST and they put up some solid numbers last week. Do people think the Redskins come back down to earth a bit?

Someone took Cincy in the WW this morning, so im thinking Skins as well. Anyone else rolling skins?

Anyone think going with Dallas vs Seattle would be decent too? Arizonas D did decent against Wilson, anyone going Dallas?

Cincy seems to be the hot choice this week. I picked them up off the FA list and dropped Denver. It was a three way toss up for me as I like NYJ vs. PIT and OAK vs. MIA as well

Someone took Cincy in the WW this morning, so im thinking Skins as well. Anyone else rolling skins?

Anyone think going with Dallas vs Seattle would be decent too? Arizonas D did decent against Wilson, anyone going Dallas?

A lot of the options mentioned here were available, but I decided to go with the Skins going against the Rams O-line which is even worse than it was due to Week 1 injuries.

No love for NE vs ARI? Well we all thought SEA was gonna do good against them but not much.

Welp i'm torn between NE and CIN, don't know who to go for even though CIN seems popular.