Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

How do people feel about the Jets? Would you pick up the Jets or Cinci off the wire this week?

Didn't see a thread on this yet for this year.

Looking ahead, it seems to me the Bengals are a sneaky pickup for the next several weeks. Yes, they looked over-matched against the Ravens, but lI still think they've got some talent on their D. Moreover, look at their next 5 games:

CLE, WASH, JAC, MIA, CLE.

Two games against the horrid Weeden offense and the equally horrendous Tannehill, mixed in with a Gabbert appearance (who will be due for a stinker from yester-year) and I'm thinking this is the team to own until they get to Pitt and their bye.

Thoughts/better options?

My choices are between Pittsburgh, Oakland, Dallas this week. I currently have Philly and would love to keep them for next weeks match against Arizona but am afraid of their Ravens matchup this week.

Cincinnati loses LB Howard for season..

Does this downgrade them this week?

Definitely recommend the Redskins for this week. the Rams O line is in shambles with multiple starters injured. They shouldn't have much trouble getting to Bradford for some sacks.

im worried about my bengals as well... i'm guessing that linebacker will make an impact, but we're talking josh whedon... cmmmon mannn

I looked and didn't see where this topic was started, so here we go...

I'm in a 18 team league carrying 15 players per roster, so IMO streaming defenses (along with TE and K) is a preferred strategy as opposed to wasting a roster spot. Typically I'll run with the DEF that I drafted, then start streaming when my DEF hits its bye week.

However, I'm sitting on a shaky Detroit defense who is going up against the Niners without their best 3 players off their secondary (Delmas, Houston, and Bentley).

The team I'm looking for week 2 is the Redskins going up against the Rams offense. They had a very good showing last week against a superior Saints offense and are coming into week 2 as the #12 defense according to composite rankings. Richards of CBS has them at #3, Berry of ESPN at #7, and Fitzmaurice of PFW at #13.

Meanwhile, Fitzmaurice has Detroit at #30, Berry at #13, and Richards, who ranks only the top 24 teams, doesn't even have Detroit listed.

I don't know if the Redskins are a good play for the entire season. They made no out of the ordinary personnel changes. It's entirely possible that RG3 makes the defense better by reducing the amount of time the Skins defense is on the field. There is a reason why Rex Grossman's nickname is "RG 3 and Out."

So the Skins is my pick this week. Now I just need to muster up the cajones to drop Detroit.

I dropped Detroit for STL. LOL. I think RG3 will have a bad day. WSH and Oak are avaliable in my league. OAK would be my second choice. I'm going with my gut on STL. I also like home teams when streaming D. I thought I'd ride Detroit out for awhile but that is not the case.

OAK over WSH is a no brainer IMO. I'm going against the grain and rolling with STL (with OAK and WSH available this week). This will be RG3's "welcome to the NFL" debut. Nothing more than gut and I'm probably the only person in the world that thinks this.

Cincy has a real favorable schedule these next few weeks so I'm rolling with them. I want to pick up Oakland but I thought they looked good because they played a mediocre San Diego team.

Cincy D next few weeks

vs. Cle - Yes, @Was - Maybe, @Jac - Yes, vs. Mia - Yes, @ Cle - Yes

How do people feel about the Jets? Would you pick up the Jets or Cinci off the wire this week?

I'm looking for advice on this, as well. I have the Jets but no Revis this week and PIT could make some plays. CIN is available and I'm trying to decide whether or not to drop NYJ for them. CIN seems like the more favorable play.

Well, I think I'm gonna drop Det...I see a few have dropped them in favor of others. Cin and Oak are avail. eenie meeenie...

I picked up CIN. Anyone think its worth tinkering with my kicker (I had B. Marshall and I'm trying to get every advantage possible now), I have Alex Henery right now. Cundiff, Bryant, Tucker, and Hanson are amongst some of the one's available.

What's the word on the Rams offensive line injuries? Skins are tempting with St Louis this week and Cincy next.

Slightly nervous about starting the Bengals D after they got torched by Flacco. Their linebackers can't cover s---, I can see Weeden dumping the ball off all game and putting up a score or two.