Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

Over the course of two weeks I have a combined -5 points for defense. This is killing me. I'm starting to rethink this whole streaming defense thing and grab a defense with my last pick.

Slightly nervous about starting the Bengals D after they got torched by Flacco. Their linebackers can't cover s---, I can see Weeden dumping the ball off all game and putting up a score or two.

Why did I go against my own instincts?

I would say Tucker, I bought into the Zuerlein hype but probably dropping him for Tucker if he doesn't kick anything big next week. And for my defense dropping the Patriots for the Redskins for week three.

Guest JimmyGs

I going to seriously consider Arizona this week. Eagles have given up most FFP to DEF so far this year. Arizona held Brady to 20 pts this week and are now 4th in total FFP among defenses.

I going to seriously consider Arizona this week. Eagles have given up most FFP to DEF so far this year. Arizona held Brady to 20 pts this week and are now 4th in total FFP among defenses.

thats my pick and they have a ton of talented defensve players.

Guest JimmyGs

thats my pick and they have a ton of talented defensve players.

I'll see how Atlanta and Denver do tonight and either might be in the running as well though I think SD and HOU offenses respectively can put up some points next week.

Would you guys rather have Tucker over Seabass from here on out? I always have Seabass every year but that Oakland offense looks a mess right now and Tucker has put up 16 points each week so far.

Tucker might be my favorite fantasy kicker right now. I would take him over anybody else. The Ravens uptempo offense can move the ball, but they will be stalling out a lot in FG range. Add to that that Tucker is hitting 55 yard FGs with ease and there might be better fantasy opportunity with this guy than any other K.

Well looks like I will be not picking up the Washington defense with Orakpo and another guy out.

So, what do you guys think? Cardinals or Falcons?

Guest JimmyGs

Falcons look good tonight but I'm going MIA unless I see something in this last quarter that changes my mind.

first time ill ever spend more than $0 on a kicker, but ill be grabbing tucker since prater is killing me

Arizona vs PHI is an intriguing pick. Strong defence against a team prone to turning the ball over. I also like Indy vs the Jags as a darkhorse. The only thing not so intriguing is Freeney out.

Jets vs Miami

Or! Arizona and buffalo are on the wire also

Detroit vs Titans

And for kickers

Legation vs Bears

Or

Tucker vs Patrios

I've got a claim in on the cards this wk for D. Cutting bait on the Bengals.

I've had Matt Bryant for the first 2 wks at Kicker, think I should drop him for Tucker/Zuerlein?

I've had Matt Bryant for the first 2 wks at Kicker, think I should drop him for Tucker/Zuerlein?

If you can hold on to the Bengals. I'm playing Philly this week against the Cards and dropping them to ride out the Bengals for the next 3 after against bad offenses(Cle, Jax, and Mia if I recall).

Yes I'd take either kicker, leaning more towards Greg for this week against the Bears.

If you can hold on to the Bengals. I'm playing Philly this week against the Cards and dropping them to ride out the Bengals for the next 3 after against bad offenses(Cle, Jax, and Mia if I recall).

Yes I'd take either kicker, leaning more towards Greg for this week against the Bears.

I didn't watch the Cincy game yet, but they allowed 27 at home against the Browns? What is there to like about Cincy's D? They didn't look great in week 1, but I figured I'd give them credit since they were playing an improved Ravens squad on the road. They scored 12 fantasy points by my league scoring, WITH a return TD, so 6 minus Pacman's return. 2 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, 27 points allowed? Not to mention two of those three games you mentioned are on the road. I'll report back in this thread after watching the replay of the Bengals/Browns I guess.

As for kickers, again I'd go with Tucker. The Ravens can move the ball with ease to field goal range, but they will likely be stalling there a lot. Flacco still looked like the Flacco of old in the Philly game, and Tucker will probably be allowed to attempt inside of the 43 yard line.