Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

Is anybody taking home/away into account when picking defenses? I've been seeing a lot of road defenses being pimped in this thread when I've heard that defenses at home are much more likely to be successful than defenses on the road.

I just wanted to acknowledge this fact since OAK@MIA was considered a sexy pick last week and BUF@NYJ in wk 1 and both were disastrous. There have been some exceptions, but I think I'd rather bank on a defense playing at home.

Am I crazy for rolling with the Seahawks at home against the Packers? I know it's not a great matchup but I don't want to drop them or anyone else right now..

I'm either going Cards D Vs Eagles or Saints D vs Chiefs.

Leaning Cards..even tho Vick is my starting QB which will be kinda weird. Eagles oline is kinda banged up and Eagles have been a turnover machine. I am an eagles fan too so if Eagles dominate I won't be too mad haha

I'm either going Cards D Vs Eagles or Saints D vs Chiefs.

Leaning Cards..even tho Vick is my starting QB which will be kinda weird. Eagles oline is kinda banged up and Eagles have been a turnover machine. I am an eagles fan too so if Eagles dominate I won't be too mad haha

The theory on the saints is they are going to be on a mission to prove something. I still think this is going to be quite high scoring so I'm going to stay away from that one. Vick is my qb too, still mulling over all the options....... cards vs eagles (how long is the turnover machine going to keep turning it over??) Miami at home vs the jets (miami plays a lot better at home and the jets couldn't do anything last week), pats at baltimore is on the wire too, and baltimore looks much improved but so does the pats d.

After watching the Titans/Chargers I would advise not to play Atlanta. Somebody above already mentioned it, but unless the match-up is top notch would not play a defense on the road. Rivers' line didn't do the best job protecting him against the Titans but he was mobile enough in the pocket for the most part to buy time to find the open man frequently. Rivers has been off since last year, but he's still capable of putting up points. Add to that that Mathews is healthy as well.

I definitely would not play the Skins with Orakpo and Carriker out, losing a lot of pass rush. The Redskins didn't do a great job getting pressure against Bradford despite his makeshift line and I wouldn't be too excited about playing them against the Bengals. Their pass coverage was also really bad at times as Bradford was picking them apart, helping Amendola to a career day.

To the guy who said he might play Seattle, if you really can't roster a second D I don't think that would be a disaster of a play to be honest, only because Seattle is playing at home, although you obviously shouldn't have high expectations.

Is anybody taking home/away into account when picking defenses? I've been seeing a lot of road defenses being pimped in this thread when I've heard that defenses at home are much more likely to be successful than defenses on the road.

I just wanted to acknowledge this fact since OAK@MIA was considered a sexy pick last week and BUF@NYJ in wk 1 and both were disastrous. There have been some exceptions, but I think I'd rather bank on a defense playing at home.

Guess who made both these starts? This guy :unsure:

I have Pittsburgh @ Oakland right now but Miami vs. NYJ, BUF @ CLE and ATL @ SD are all available on FA right now.

Pittsburgh seems like the best matchup but they really suck for fantasy points for some reason. Plus Polamalu and Harrison are still out. Not sure what to do here.

i don't know why but...i have a feeling ATL @ SD might be a good choice. ATL will score a bunch of points, and early. SD will be forced to keep up by throwing a lot. and I could see Rivers reverting to 2011 form and throwing a couple picks, one of which could go for a pick-6. but it's a gamble. if i had pittsburgh, i'd rather go safe and stick with them.

Only way Miami gets beat is thru the air. And the only thing worse than Sanchez is Sanchez with a gimpy back. Roll with the Dolphins!

Im just playing Seattle. I am all for streaming, but last week it sucked with playing Cincy...and Seattle actually put up some points against the Cowboys, and Rodgers been throwing some picks. So im just playing Seattle, they are a pretty badass D so far.

Seattle is sitting on my WW and I'm thinking about claiming them and locking them up for the rest of the season

Seattle is sitting on my WW and I'm thinking about claiming them and locking them up for the rest of the season

Thats pretty much what i did, i might switch them out if a matchup is too good to pass, otherwise i think they are a solid play.

shocked the browns home to the bills arent getting any love. CLE has one of the highest fantasy points totals so far in my format, and bills will turn the ball over. im also not convinced that the bills are some juggernaut just yet. The browns intercept, and fitz throws interceptions like whoa.

wither way im rolling with them because ive used all my adds for this week because my team completely sucks and i need to shake things up

I like the Bills out of those the best.

I'm looking at week 4 and beyond. Currently have GB.

SEA @ STL

or

CIN @ JAC, vs MIA, @CLE

shocked the browns home to the bills arent getting any love. CLE has one of the highest fantasy points totals so far in my format, and bills will turn the ball over. im also not convinced that the bills are some juggernaut just yet. The browns intercept, and fitz throws interceptions like whoa.

wither way im rolling with them because ive used all my adds for this week because my team completely sucks and i need to shake things up

Bills have put up 28 points and 35 points first two games, Browns are without Joe Haden. CJ spiller has been lighting it up. I would not play the Browns D....

Just dropped Bills @ Cle for MIA vs Jets for this week.

Have a WW in to pick up Seattle for NYG and keep them as my main defense.

As for kickers, I just dropped Henery from Eagles for Zeuerlein. Watch this be the week Henery goes off for 15 points.