Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

I'm playing the Colts this week. I was attracted to the Saints, but I have a feeling Charles and Hillis are going to shred them, so I shied away. Not great options this week...

Currently have Cinci, I was planning on holind on to them but after their game vs. the browns I think it's time to stream in another team. The better FA DST's in my league are:

Arizona vs. PHI (Vick is my QB)

MIA vs. NYJ

NO vs. KC

Who should I pick up instead of Cinci???

Thinking about dropping Henery for Tucker, what do you guys think.

Also I took Cinci last week, not sure if I should on to them as they aren't looking good. I could drop them and grab Buf @ Cle, NO @ KC, Atl @ SD, and skins @ cin. I'm not sure what I should do, a lot of these matchups posted so far are either started or on other's benches.

Guest JimmyGs

In my league no one streams defenses and many of the teams will grab two and ride them back and forth all year including during they bye week. My bench is fairly stacked and I really need the WRs and RBs there for the bye weeks coming up.

I have NYG D right now and know they are a bad option against Cammy tonight but should I pickup someone else available like MIA or ATL or Indy D and toss NYG to the wire? From my amateurish perspective it looks like NYG have a fairly good schedule ROS.

What woudl you guys do? Holdem this week and hope for the best tonight or toss em and hope to pick them up or someone else after this week?

Thinking about dropping Henery for Tucker, what do you guys think.

I dropped Bironas for tucker myself. Tucker is a team with an xplosive offense that kicks a lot of FG's. Lots of people talking like he could end up being the #1 kicker in fantasy this year....

In my league no one streams defenses and many of the teams will grab two and ride them back and forth all year including during they bye week. My bench is fairly stacked and I really need the WRs and RBs there for the bye weeks coming up.

I have NYG D right now and know they are a bad option against Cammy tonight but should I pickup someone else available like MIA or ATL or Indy D and toss NYG to the wire? From my amateurish perspective it looks like NYG have a fairly good schedule ROS.

What woudl you guys do? Holdem this week and hope for the best tonight or toss em and hope to pick them up or someone else after this week?

I would pick up Indy this week. They will be playing Jacksonville whos offense has been crap so far.

Any chance the Giants have a good game against Cam or is this a must drop situation?

Also wondering about this as well. Have the Giants as my current D but not sure how I feel about them this week. Cards, Chargers, Falcons. Worthy of consideration is the fact that in my league there are no negative points for Defenses and return yards are factored in. Who would you pick?

i know starting ARI is the trendy pick but it seems like it is tempting fate and playing with fire. PHI is an explosive offense and ARI is a mediocre team. big risk big reward i suppose.

i know ATL isn't a popular pick but i have a feeling they will be have a nice week.

MIA looks good on paper but i think they will disappoint

I am going with the Colts. Think they win and the Dome gets loud and we get some TO's. I always like to play a Home Def unless it is a really great match up.

I'm rolling with the dolphins DST over the giants DST.

And I rolling with Legatron over seabass this week too.

Guest JimmyGs

16 freaking pts. Man I wish I had the Giants right now.

Well, I did indeed keep them in the line-up and benefitted from it this week. Too bad I had Cam as my QB as well but it did temper my losses..A PICK 6 would have REALLY helped. 3 INTs and you can't run 1 of them back? C'mon man!

Is anybody taking home/away into account when picking defenses? I've been seeing a lot of road defenses being pimped in this thread when I've heard that defenses at home are much more likely to be successful than defenses on the road.

I just wanted to acknowledge this fact since OAK@MIA was considered a sexy pick last week and BUF@NYJ in wk 1 and both were disastrous. There have been some exceptions, but I think I'd rather bank on a defense playing at home.

Honesty i think its a non-factor.

Look at NYG defense did against Carolina.

Hidden

Hello guys, whats going on?

As for kickers, I think Hartley in one league and I love the way play cardinals dst as a matchup play ... also keeping an eye on KC ... and, wait for it ...this going to be fantastic football game.

Is anybody taking home/away into account when picking defenses? I've been seeing a lot of road defenses being pimped in this thread when I've heard that defenses at home are much more likely to be successful than defenses on the road.

I just wanted to acknowledge this fact since OAK@MIA was considered a sexy pick last week and BUF@NYJ in wk 1 and both were disastrous. There have been some exceptions, but I think I'd rather bank on a defense playing at home.

Guess who made both these starts? This guy :unsure:

And this guy. :(

I picked up the Falcons but still thinking if I want to roll someone else.

Browns at home against Buffalo

Seahawks at home against GB, who haven't looked all that good.

Falcons @ SD

I'm just buying into SEA for the rest of the year...I targeted them in my draft and they got dropped so I picked them up...the Packers have had shaky line play and I'm not really buying into the 0 projection that ESPN have for SEA...can the Pack score...yes...have they looked sharp...no and Jennings could be a scratch and that stadium is going to be extremely loud

MIA looks good on paper but i think they will disappoint

I just dropped BUF to use MIA.... i bet against the browns last week with bengals d and it didn't work out.

Its the JETS, they have no offense at all, sanchez come on lol.

Shonne Greene. lol.