Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adamatx

Help. I Cant Use The Forums On My Cell Phone. I Get Error #2000

13 posts in this topic

Im on a Sprint cell phone (Android ICS) and when i try to use the forums i get this message no matter what browser i use:

[#2000] You are not allowed to visit this community.

I am not able to log in or anything. It takes me straight to that error and its highlighted in red.

What can i do?

Im currently on pc which i have no problems with. I also use my android tablet over wifi with no problems.

I am able to browse the forums on my cell if i use a proxy site.. so i assume the issue has to do with the IP on my Sprint Cell phone.

I'll forward this message to the admins, hopefully a solution will follow...

1 person likes this

The Admins periodically sweep the forums and will sometimes provide an answer if they can. My advice would be to be patient as it can be a few weeks. If you would like a more immediate response, I would recommend to email them or call. Here is a link to the email form:

http://www.rotoworld.com/about/help.aspx

1 person likes this

adamatx, what is your location and service provider? I had this problem while I was abroad. I called the telecommunications company, and they couldn't make head or tails of it (I'm guessing they don't use Rotoworld much in Asia :lol:).

1 person likes this

adamatx, what is your location and service provider? I had this problem while I was abroad. I called the telecommunications company, and they couldn't make head or tails of it (I'm guessing they don't use Rotoworld much in Asia :lol:).

Austin Texas. I use Sprint service. The funny thing is that it used to work up untill like a year ago. Havent had problems going to any forums or websites aside from rotoworld.

The only scenarios I can think of are your IP address is blocked or your provider has blocked this website; the latter is implausible.

A few more questions:

1. Are you using a public connection via Wi-Fi? Examples being a college/university or your workplace?

2. You mentioned you are able to browse using Wi-Fi with other devices. Is the IP address the same?

1 person likes this

I get that message sometimes using my cellphone as well. Not consistently but everyone once in a while I have that issue pop up. Usually when using 3G.

The only scenarios I can think of are your IP address is blocked or your provider has blocked this website; the latter is implausible.

A few more questions:

1. Are you using a public connection via Wi-Fi? Examples being a college/university or your workplace?

2. You mentioned you are able to browse using Wi-Fi with other devices. Is the IP address the same?

1. I am using Sprint service when this error comes up.

2. I am able to use rotoworld fully when im on any wifi using any device i own. (Cell phone or Tablet.. both Android)

I am typing this on PC.

Cell phone using SPRINT service: I can go to rotoworld.com and browse the website. But when i click the FORUMS tab... It gives me the error. (i turned off wifi just in case)

Cell phone using university WIFI: I am able to browse site and forums with no problems. (I turned off mobile data while just in case)

I just tried the above about 5 min ago using 2 different web browsers on android. Both browsers gave exact same results (opera mobile and dolphin browser)

Thank you for your time/help.. I really appreciate it.

1. I am using Sprint service when this error comes up.

2. I am able to use rotoworld fully when im on any wifi using any device i own. (Cell phone or Tablet.. both Android)

I am typing this on PC.

Cell phone using SPRINT service: I can go to rotoworld.com and browse the website. But when i click the FORUMS tab... It gives me the error. (i turned off wifi just in case)

Cell phone using university WIFI: I am able to browse site and forums with no problems. (I turned off mobile data while just in case)

I just tried the above about 5 min ago using 2 different web browsers on android. Both browsers gave exact same results (opera mobile and dolphin browser)

Thank you for your time/help.. I really appreciate it.

Alright, I'll forward this issue to the admins. For now, whenever you use your phone to access the forums, it looks like Wi-Fi is your best bet.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

1 person likes this

This exact same issue happened to me this past week when I had no power and had to rely on my Sprint 3G for internet. Fix it!

Yes, this always prevents me from accessing the forums when I go through 3G. I think it's an IP.Board thing though

I havent heard anything from the admins.

Honestly, i have lost interest in the forums because of this. I have no internet at home, only at work. I used to kill time on the forums but since it doesnt work on the phones i hardly use it even at work.