Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tijuana Pony Show

Trade Advice

OK, so I'd like some trade advice... whether I should try to make an early trade or if I should stand pat.

The rules of my of my 14-team PPR league hold us to 4 RBs and 4 WRs, while we need to play one RB and WR with open flex options for the final two spots. I'm worried about my RB depth for obvious reasons.

Here's my team: Schaub/Cutler; Charles/Bradshaw/Helu/Wilson; Fitzgerald/Lloyd/Torrey Smith/Crabtree; Graham/Moeaki.

With David Wilson's first game and the Shanahanigans in Washington, I'd like to move a receiver.

I see two teams with RB depth and weak receivers:

Team one: Matt Forte, Daniel Thomas, DeAngelo Williams, Doug Martin; Andre Johnson, Steve Smith (Car), Miles Austin, Davone Bess. [Here, I'm targetting Doug Martin]

Team two: Darren McFadden, DeMarco Murray, Marshawn Lynch, Isaac Redman; Demaryius Thomas, Santonio Holmes, Randy Moss, Sidney Rice. [Here, I'm targetting Lynch]

Ideally, I'd like to move Lloyd/Smith/Crabtree. Does anything seem workable?!

Thanks! Will help in return!

Team Two could sure use a WR. Maybe you can try and get Lynch since his status is up in the air. I'd move any of those WR you stated...possible two to get Lynch. DeMarco and Darren would be better, but I dont see that owner giving up either. I think it's going to be hard to get an RB from Team 1 because his wideouts of Johnson, Smith, and Austin are strong. Just my two cents.

I actually don't think team 1 is that solid at RB or that weak at WR. So I honestly don't see him moving a RB for a WR.

Team 2 on the other hand is a lot stronger at RB. The problem is I don't see him moving any of those RB's for any of your WR's straight up. You might have to give up Lloyd and try to give up Wilson and see if you can land Lynch with that, but I doubt it. And he definitely won't give up DMac or Murray for that either. You might need to give up Bradshaw and a WR for those guys, but then you would still be hurting at depth. So I would try to give up Wilson and Lloyd first to see what you can get.

If you want to move a wideout, I would offer some trades to Team 2. His WR's are not very strong, and realistically, you could probably get Lynch. It would be a stretch to get Murray or DMC, so I doubt he gives either of them up.

If I understand correctly, you only have to start 1 rb and 1 wr and then have two spots for flex. If I were you, I would definitely try to start 3 rbs and one WR because they get more points on average. I'm really high on Doug Martin this year. Maybe Lloyd and Wilson for Martin and worst player on his team. Then you have flexibility on waivers to drop someone because there are always studs on waivers throughout the course of the season. Maybe even Lloyd and Helu. Helu has a lot of potential in ppr but Shannahams RBs scare me. You could try to get an rb from second team with Lloyd and Helu but I don't know if he will want to get rid of any of his top 3. If Mendenhall is on waivers I would try to get him for Wilson

You understand me correctly. I'd prefer to be starting 3 RBs, but there's just no way I can roll with Wilson or Helu right now. I still think Helu is a decent bet long term, but blah!

If I understand your league rules correctly, if you trade a receiver for a running back, both teams will have to drop someone (You will have to drop a running back and he would have to drop one of his receivers). If that's the case, when you target Lynch, why don't you offer up the back you were planning on dropping (Wilson? Helu?) along with Smith/Loyd? Unless there's something better on the WW, this will help get the deal done.

I'd appreciate your input as I try to come up with a trade that somehow gets me Aaron Rodgers - http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/301510-help-me-trade-for-aaron-rodgers/

If I understand your league rules correctly, if you trade a receiver for a running back, both teams will have to drop someone (You will have to drop a running back and he would have to drop one of his receivers). If that's the case, when you target Lynch, why don't you offer up the back you were planning on dropping (Wilson? Helu?) along with Smith/Loyd? Unless there's something better on the WW, this will help get the deal done.

Agree.

I agree with NorthBoundTrain as well. Target Lynch from #2 and throw in the guy you would have to drop. Team 1 doesn't have any glaring holes where they would accept an offer unless it heavily favored them.

Thanks for the help on mine!