Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYR Fan 116894

Who Wins This Trade?

I posted the wrong trade. The trade actually was:

Team A receives: Darren McFadden and Hakeem Nicks

Team B receives: Ray Rice

PPR league. I would be getting Rice. Here's the rest of my team:

QB- Romo, Cutler

RB- Foster, McFadden, Charles, Mathews, Dwyer, D. Brown, Tate

WR- Jones, Nicks, D. Thomas, Maclin, Britt, Young, Moore, Floyd (SD)

TE- Pettigrew

DEF- Giants

K- Nugent

Please disregard the top message. I posted the wrong trade offer, the real trade offer is the one listed in this post.

So what do you think of the trade? McFadden is injury prone, and Nicks is no iron man either, and a Foster/Rice combination in a PPR league would be lethal. But if McFadden plays a full season, he could very well be one of the best RB's out there, and Nicks, when healthy, is a top 10 WR.

Would you accept the trade? If I accept it, I would probably offer Mathews up in a trade for a WR once he comes back. Thoughts?

I think the trade actually helps whoever is receiving DMC and Nicks. I just don't know why you would make that trade in the first place. Your team is pretty solid. How the heck did you end up with Foster AND McFadden? I know Rice and Foster makes for a jaw-dropping RB combo but I'm only slightly less impressed by Foster and DMC. Don't let Nicks' week 1 performance scare you into making a pointless trade.

I think the trade actually helps whoever is receiving DMC and Nicks. I just don't know why you would make that trade in the first place. Your team is pretty solid. How the heck did you end up with Foster AND McFadden? I know Rice and Foster makes for a jaw-dropping RB combo but I'm only slightly less impressed by Foster and DMC. Don't let Nicks' week 1 performance scare you into making a pointless trade.

I thought I was giving up too much, but I was not sure about it. McFadden has so much upside, but yet so many injury problems. Anymore opinions?

Rice is one of the most consistent backs in the league, but McFadden has the upside to be #1.

I personally like Foster/Rice, because a team like that would be....wow. You would basically have the top 2 overall players on one team, and that's just awesome.

I wouldn't do it. If you are concerned w DMCs past injuries I wouldn't be with your current RB depth. It is a close enough trade where you should go with your gut, but if it was me I wouldn't.

If (big if) DMC stays healthy all yr he will be a top 5 back no doubt.

How many WR/FLEX do you start?

If you start 2 WR & 1 FLEX - then it's a huge yes. Starting Julio Jones, Maclin & D-Thomas would not see a huge dropoff, and you get the elite RB in Rice (yes D-Mac is a potential #1, but he also could be outside the top 10 if he gets hurt).

If you start 3 WR & 2 FLEX - then you take a bigger WR/FLEX hit.

I like to gamble, so if you really want Rice, go for it. I think you can find the next Victor Cruz / Laurent Robinson on the WW easily - I don't think you can bank on the elite RB production Rice will give you.

And since we're talking about Rice....let me know about this:

http://forums.rotowo...an-at-104-whir/

id stand pat..dmc upside is huge and nicks is a strong wr. i think your giving up to much in the deal. Rice+Foster is a dream but i like your rb depth as it is.

thanks for help with mine!

If you start 2 WR & 1 FLEX - then it's a huge yes. Starting Julio Jones, Maclin & D-Thomas would not see a huge dropoff, and you get the elite RB in Rice (yes D-Mac is a potential #1, but he also could be outside the top 10 if he gets hurt).

I like to gamble, so if you really want Rice, go for it. I think you can find the next Victor Cruz / Laurent Robinson on the WW easily - I don't think you can bank on the elite RB production Rice will give you.

Yeah, we start 2 WR and 1 flex. So most likely, if I do the trade, my lineup would look like this:

QB- Romo

RB- Foster

RB- Rice

WR- Jones

WR- Thomas/Maclin/Britt (Matchups)

Flex- Charles

TE- Pettigrew

DEF- Giants

K- Nugent

Man that would be an amazing lineup, especially in a PPR league. But I still think you are giving up too much. A healthy DMac could be as good as Rice. I know that is a big if, but I am rolling the dice on DMac in 4 leagues this year so he better stay healthy.

Yeah, we start 2 WR and 1 flex. So most likely, if I do the trade, my lineup would look like this:

QB- Romo

RB- Foster

RB- Rice

WR- Jones

WR- Thomas/Maclin/Britt (Matchups)

Flex- Charles

TE- Pettigrew

DEF- Giants

K- Nugent

I love D-Mac's upside for this year (kept him whereever I could), but only 3 WR's who can play each week, then you have to do that deal. Yeah, D-Mac could be the #1 - but you know barring injury, Rice is a lock for top 2-3 RB in PPR.

I agree you can't use past injury risk as the ONLY factor - but here, you're talking about a known elite RB vs. elite-skill but injury-risk RB. Again, if you were giving up Nicks and had to plug in a WR4-5 instead, no way. But with D-Thomas, Jones & Maclin (and Britt as your WR4 backup), I think it's worth it.

if you are a gambler stick with the dmc nicks combo.. if you want to play it safe go with rice then.. i love dmc this year by the way.. but i am a biased raider fan.. and i tried but could not get him in any league this year lol..

Seems like a very fair deal to me. Hard to choose a side.

If it was me I would probably side with Rice just because of his durability.

I would go with Rice because I don't trust DMC to play a whole season while Rice is super consistent for good games.

Not really high on Hackeem Nicks and once Britt comes back you have a legit wr2 to replace Nicks.

I just don't know about DMac. That's the problem: the injuries. Rice is consistent, and in a PPR league he's incredibly valuable. The way our league was structured he was 1st among RBs with 330 points. The next highest was LeSean McCoy with 300. That's a pretty sizeable gap IMO. But DMac could easily be up there if he could just stay healthy. You'd have the security in Rice, but the upside in DMac/Nicks. I'd probably stay with what you have, personally.

I'd take that without too much more thought. That lineup with Foster/Rice/Charles/Jones any of Maclin/Thomas/Britt in PPR....accept that and enjoy your championship, sir. Even if DMC winds up #1, Rice will still be top 3-4 and your WRs are good enough to absorb the Nicks loss in a PPR. if DMC goes down again for any length of time, you'll be even happier.