Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYR Fan 116894

Who Wins This Trade?

This is the actual trade, not the one listed in the first post:

Team A receives: Darren McFadden and Hakeem Nicks

Team B receives: Ray Rice

PPR league.

And here's my team:

QB- Romo, Cutler

RB- Foster, McFadden, Charles, Mathews, Dwyer, D. Brown, Tate

WR- Jones, Nicks, D. Thomas, Maclin, Britt, Young, Moore, Floyd (SD)

TE- Pettigrew

DEF- Giants

K- Nugent

I just figured it would be easier for anyone answering this question to have everything on the second page.

It all comes down to who gives you the best chance to win week in and week out. DMC has the higher ceiling, since he's the majority of Oakland's offense. Rice is consistent and should be getting more goal line work, and he always gets receptions.

Honestly, I would do the trade based on the likelihood of DMC finishing a season being so small. Rice has been rock-steady health-wise, so I'd take him. Worst case scenario, the trade blows up in your face and you're out Nicks. That's unlikely. Most likely, the trade would be a wash, and you'd be betting on the healthier player!

Help with mine: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/301449-trade-advice/

Rice is a safe choice, feels like you're giving up a lot though if he can send you another decent sleeper player I'd do it for sure

You can't go wrong with Rice, and with Flacco having more control of the offense this year along with the no huddle they're supposedly going to run, Rice should get even more PPRs.

And, while Nicks has only missed a few games in his career, he and McFadden seem to always be aching

dmac and nicks > rice as far as potential goes. dmac will have a better year than rice if he stays healthy, but thats a big if. go with rice if you don't want to take the risk.

dmac and nicks > rice as far as potential goes. dmac will have a better year than rice if he stays healthy, but thats a big if. go with rice if you don't want to take the risk.

That's the thing. I already have two injury prone RB's in McFadden and Mathews. If both suffer injuries this year, which Mathews already has, I would be down to Foster and Charles. Having a more durable back like Rice makes more sense, since my team would be less injury prone. If anything happens to Foster, well I have Tate, so that is not a problem. And when Mathews comes back, I could trade him for a WR. It all depends on if McFadden plays a full season, and unfortunately, that's almost impossible to say at this point during the season. But if history repeats itself, then Rice is definitely the way to go.

The thing is that, the guy who is receiving McFadden, he will probably wait a couple of weeks, and let McFadden have a couple of big games, and then he is going to trade him when his value is high. And Eli is his QB, so that's probably why he wants Nicks.

Team A receives: Jamaal Charles and Jeremy Maclin

PPR league

I think Peyton Hillis has his OC from his Cleveland (aka most productive) days with him in KC now, no? Charles coming back from injury..should be good but will still share. I think Maclin breaks out this year but Baltimore and Rice are about as set 'em and forget 'em as they come.

If I'm Team A and I have other competent RB's, I do this trade all day cuz I'm getting two guys I can start for one. And kicking myself in the weeks it takes those two guys to produce the points the one does.

Team A receives: Jamaal Charles and Jeremy Maclin

PPR league

I think Peyton Hillis has his OC from his Cleveland (aka most productive) days with him in KC now, no? Charles coming back from injury..should be good but will still share. I think Maclin breaks out this year but Baltimore and Rice are about as set 'em and forget 'em as they come.

If I'm Team A and I have other competent RB's, I do this trade all day cuz I'm getting two guys I can start for one. And kicking myself in the weeks it takes those two guys to produce the points the one does.

Yeah, that was the wrong trade. The actual trade is:

Darren McFadden and Hakeem Nicks

FOR

Ray Rice

Your team makes me sick. Haha! You can't lose. Even if DMC goes down, your team is still stacked. That being said, you CANNOT pass up Rice. Go for it if you haven't already. Thanks for help on mine.

I'm going to see if I can get Olsen in the deal too. It would give me a backup TE, but I could just pick up Rudolph.

I would see if I could get away with Maclin in place of Nicks but would probably do it as is anyway.

The guy said it has to be Nicks and McFadden. So if I want Rice, I would need to give up those two.