Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamshameless

Dirk and JSmoove

I've got both Dirk and Jsmoove on one team.

I'm thinking I might drop one or both.

At least we know when Smith is coming back. Who knows what is going on with dirk.

What's everyone think?

Smoove should have some productive games when he comes back, I would try to hold onto him somehow... stream your butt off so you don't lose games?

Dirk is only "officially" missing one game right now, I don't think you can drop him either.. crappy position to be in...

What's your team size, league set-up, etc.? Come come now, these are things we expect of posters around these parts!

It seems to me that Atlanta has extra incentive to tank amongst the losing teams... For one, Durant just declared today, making that top 3 really juicy. That means everyone is going to try extra hard to tank over the next 9 days...

Also, isn't their pick going to go to PHX unless it's top 3? A #4 pick, which is about what they'd get right now likely, is probably something really good this year. That would be embarassing for them, and I wonder if they'll try to take extra measures to get ping pong balls for that top 3...

Just a thought...

For atlanta (and boston and Charlotte, and Memphis and.....) I they to be extra slick about tanking games IMO. My guess is that the Stern considers it a big no no and has made that clear. (ask Mark Cuban if Stern has backhanded ways of enforcing his rules) I assume they are all going to sit their stars as much as possible, but its still too early to just not have them play and jsmooth may have used up his PTO so to speak.

As far as the league is concerned, I was really just curious about what everyone else is doing, but now that you ask Bloodface...

It's an 8 team league (we go a little deeper than most, but its still pretty shallow compared to a 10 or 12 team league). No move limits, standard 8 cat. Balls out most obsessed win type league.

I am thinking I will keep dirk for Sat and then drop him, but we'll see...

I'm holding onto Smoove, I play ESPN and have a 60 game limit for the 10 days of the final week+ and there just isn't enough on the waivers to warrant dropping a guy that can easily put up the production of 6 waiver games in 3. If your league has no maximum games he may be worth dropping since he doesn't play until Saturday and will only have 3 games left at that point. Games limit: keep them both, No games limit: drop both guys. There is no way that Avery risks Nowitzki with home-court a near lock and the playoffs looming.

As far as the tanking thing goes I think the Hawks are aware they aren't going to be able to out-manuever the Bucks or Celtics without being so obvious that the league would notice. I mean you know for a fact Pierce or Redd would play in a playoff game today, but both the Bucks and Celts are so serious about having a shot at that #2 pick that they have announced they are both done for the year. It is pretty humourous when you think about it, what is either team risking (other than the draft pick) by letting their star play? I don't think either guy would miss a game in 6 1/2 months (opening day is usually Halloween right?) if they played and aggravated their injury. Sorry about that tangent on the Bucks and Celts I just find the situation humorous.