Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misterj

Ersan Ilyasova 2012-2013 Season Outlook

Long as Skiles isn't screwing with his mins, I'm not worrying. He'll get his 15/10

I took him in the 5th and I am not worried about him it is the coach that worries me.

Can anyone explain his minutes? I am looking at the guys coming off the bench eating into his minutes and I am scratching my head so I have to believe his shot is just off and the coach is trying to find an answer.

His shot was off early last night, dealt with some foul trouble in the 1st half, and the bench came in during the 2nd and played very well (especially dunleavy and sanders), so they got a little extra run, well deserved. If I remember correctly, I think he still got about 17 minutes in the 2nd half and played almost the entire 4th quarter to close out the game.

Skiles does make me nervous, but I wouldn't panic at all yet. The bench won't play nearly as good on most nights, and Ersan's shot will start falling.

Can anyone explain his minutes? I am looking at the guys coming off the bench eating into his minutes and I am scratching my head so I have to believe his shot is just off and the coach is trying to find an answer.

Outside of Jennings=RG3 everything is up in the air, the Skiles, the Shanahan of the NBA.

Outside of Jennings=RG3 everything is up in the air, the Skiles, the Shanahan of the NBA.

What this guy said. Skiles has screwed so many players over the years. I remember owning Drew Gooden a few seasons ago and he would go for 20 - 12, 20 - 10 and then play like 15 minutes the next game with no foul trouble. Ilyasova has played like absolute fecal the first 2 games, and if you have watched the games he is committing stupid fouls that are hurting his team, and those are the things that drive Skiles nuts. I would say he is on very thin ice right now. He could have his minutes reduced, or be on a very short leash. I still like him over the course of the 82 game slate, but we may have to be very patient through this first month.

I can stand a bust or letdown season, because he can still contribute to a fantasy team. What he's doing right now is killing his fantasy owners though. He's just destroying my FG%...

I'm soo glad he was taken literally a pick before mine. He's been a major head scratcher this year.

Now is the opportunity for all of you to buy low. It may take a few weeks to pay off, but this guy has big time talent. Anyone can go through shooting slumps, and savvy owners will take advantage while the window is still there.

The problem is Skiles. Makes me gunshy on trying to grab him, personally, and should be a concern for anyone else.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, November 17, 2012 - Soliciting AC responses.
Hidden by The Harsh, November 17, 2012 - Soliciting AC responses.

he was dropped in my league. he has been just sitting there on free agent list.

In my opinion, don't even buy low on him. Just let him get dropped and then waiver him. I do believe he'll step it up before the end of the season, but I don't think he's worth it for a buy low.

the other day he was red hot in the first quarter having an easy 11 points and playing the entire 1st quarter. I thought that was the game that he would turn his season around. He finished the game with 11 points and only 22 minutes played I believe. Epic fail...

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, November 17, 2012 - AC content.
Hidden by The Harsh, November 17, 2012 - AC content.

someone dropped him in my league...now I don't know who I want to drop for him

That's awesome. You should probably ask that in the assistant coach forum.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, November 17, 2012 - Personal attack.
Hidden by The Harsh, November 17, 2012 - Personal attack.

That's awesome. You should probably ask that in the assistant coach forum.

wow, what a dipsh*t

I'm not asking for advice on who to drop for him, I'm referring to the fact that I don't even know if he's worth picking up at the moment...his minutes are down, his play is down, his best statline this year is probably the 10/6/2 game...

a starter going 23mpg

Is everyone still hoping on this kid? I honestly think he just had one of those seasons where he played his a** off to get the huge contract, then coast in the following season.

I had the opportunity to watch him when he played against the Bucks. I noticed he was hustling really hard but just having hard luck, that said, the minutes may be rough with a b**** coach like Scott Skiles.

So the general RW consensus is hold for now?

I'd hold, but I think there will be fewer peaks than valleys. I own him in only one league and I'm strapping myself in for a rough season. He has two talented defensive players in Udoh and Sanders competing for minutes, and he looks like excrement on the court so far. Skiles has proven to be an unreliable coach for fantasy purposes, and Ilyasova has the feel of a one year wonder. I'm already regretting drafting Ersan, and am thankful I didn't do so in more leagues.

Played against the Sixers I meant. Yeah I am holding for now. Sanders is definitely trouble for owners.

anyone think his shot's off because he bulked up during the off-season, lost his muscle memory and hasn't practiced enough to regain his shot?

Buck fans are saying he's having confidence issues. Some fans are also saying that he was never that consistent from a year to year basis.

He said he hasn't been sleeping well due to expectations from his huge contract. All of you who are passing him over will come to regret it.

anyone think his shot's off because he bulked up during the off-season, lost his muscle memory and hasn't practiced enough to regain his shot?

I think so. This is something not a lot of people think about, but is very real. This happens across many sports- for instance, after Eddie Royal bulked up after his stellar rookie season, he lost the agility that made him great, and hasn't been the same since. When I read that Ilyasova bulked up this offseason to improve his post presence, I was a bit worried in the back of my mind. Another example is Gallinari- he looks bulked up, but he looks as if he's completely lost his shooter's muscle memory. Almost reminds me of Space Jam.

That said, I'm holding on Illy. Not much else I can do in a keeper league.