Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RotoRanker

2012 Rotoworld Championships - Basketball?

Hey, I'm interested. I know I'm not an established member but I'm super active and I love H2H or Roto leagues...

I've posted many of my leagues on this site and will love playing on an "official" league like this one. I will be an active owner for many years to come.

We have to figure out how to get the word out and get everyone signed up so I decided to just paste a link in my signature to promote the league. Maybe everyone else should do the same to get this thing going.

This has been my problem with the other sports as well, but at least football and baseball are popular enough that we can get enough people anyway. I am hoping over time more people will become aware of all the leagues.

It's a good idea you have and I encourage it. Of course nobody has to put anything in their sig or should feel pressured to do so, but the more people who are posting while they have the link to this thread in their sig would help a lot.

Hey, I'm interested. I know I'm not an established member but I'm super active and I love H2H or Roto leagues...

I've posted many of my leagues on this site and will love playing on an "official" league like this one. I will be an active owner for many years to come

I've posted many of my leagues on this site and will love playing on an "official" league like this one. I will be an active owner for many years to come

I believe you when you say you would be a great owner, but I specifically want this league to be filled with established Rotoworld posters. That is really the entire purpose of this league's existence. I mean no disrespect but if you won the Grand Championship, your bragging rights wouldn't mean much to others because you don't post enough.

That being said I can't guarantee you a spot because you don't post enough, but I can keep you on the list and you can be a replacement owner if you wish.

How many teams do you guys plan on having?

No set number. That depends on who we have signed up. Shooting for somewhere between 10-14. We could do more but then the rosters would be smaller.

I'm going to tentatively make the draft on the evening of October 27th. If this does not work for you, please say so ASAP (along with any other times that do not work).

The deadline to vote will be October 5th. So if anybody wants to give their preference between snake or auction, H2H or roto, and classic free agency (with rolling waivers) or FAAB there is still time.

I'm going to tentatively make the draft on the evening of October 27th. If this does not work for you, please say so ASAP (along with any other times that do not work).

The deadline to vote will be October 5th. So if anybody wants to give their preference between snake or auction, H2H or roto, and classic free agency (with rolling waivers) or FAAB there is still time.

27th will work for me - roto, snake, and i'd say faab

The 27th on Oct works for me as well as of now. Unless something important comes up which is unlikely. I am a bit torn over H2H and roto. I like certain aspects of H2H but roto seems better because of the chance of messing up in the last few weeks(playoffs). I just feel in roto if you were the best, it will show. I will go with H2H since it more fun.

I think regular waivers works best because it gives everyone a shot depending on how they use their waivers and how quickly waivers order cycle through.

I prefer snake.

I'm in if you're still in need of owners. I prefer H2H, personally. I'd be fine with auction or snake.

Yes there is still need for owners.

I would still join too, but only if its a roto snake draft. I dont mind if its 8 or 9 cat.

I would still join too, but only if its a roto snake draft. I dont mind if its 8 or 9 cat.

I find that the weaker teams in a roto league tend to lose interest once they realize that they are doomed to basement dwelling. Which makes sense. It's very difficult to make large strides in the standings in most cats. H2H seems to keep every team more interested for the season's entirity.

I find that the weaker teams in a roto league tend to lose interest once they realize that they are doomed to basement dwelling. Which makes sense. It's very difficult to make large strides in the standings in most cats. H2H seems to keep every team more interested for the season's entirity.

Ive found that its the same with both settings. The 2-3 bottom teams in h2h usually are less active as the season progresses, once they realize they dont have much of a chance to make it to the playoffs.

And Won, you're in if you want in. That gives us eight owners right now.

By the way, my votes are for roto, auction, FAAB.

The votes as of right now are:

roto tied H2H: 3-3

snake leading auction: 2-1

FAAB leading classic waivers: 2-1

I'll explain how ESPN does FAAB for those who haven't played there before. Every team gets $100 for the season (this number can be adjusted but it doesn't really matter as long as everyone has the same amount and $100 is simple). Every morning there is a blind auction for free agents (the only way you can pick up free agents is through these auctions). Teams bid on free agents they want and the highest bidding team gets them. The upside is it's the most fair way to determine free agency, but the downside is it's the much less popular method and many people are unfamiliar with it.

I'm a serious player and a regular poster. You're welcome to check my Yahoo profile to let you know I'm committed to my teams. I played on ESPN for the first time last season and managed two teams. I would like to join the league should we decide it's going to be a H2H.

I am still interested. h2h or roto... snake draft

Ive found that its the same with both settings. The 2-3 bottom teams in h2h usually are less active as the season progresses, once they realize they dont have much of a chance to make it to the playoffs.

I feel like the magnitude of this issue is not even close to as severe in H2H as it is in roto.

In H2H the bad teams can at least take some pride in playing spoiler or even feeling some sort of satisfaction from earning some late season wins that just don't present themselves as an option in roto.

Ill join if you guys decide on ROTO, doesnt matter draft style (prefer auction)..hopefully at least 14 teams though.