Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RotoRanker

2012 Rotoworld Championships - Basketball?

Looks like there is more interest in roto so far. I think we have ten members, enough for at least one league. Would be nice to have several leagues involving more managers.

The votes are close and tomorrow is the last day to vote before the settings become finalized. I feel like we have 9 strong owners signed up right now. Hopefully we can get more people.

Nothing personal against anybody who wants in who isn't a frequent poster but I'm really only looking for users who post regularly on these forums. That is the most important aspect of this league to me and it's what I feel makes this a quality league worthy of joining even though there is no money on the line.

If it's Roto, someone can replace me. I'm in 5 other leagues already and strongly prefer H2H if this will be my 6th league

Sent you a PM with my vote

H2H

Snake

Classic(or FAAB) doesn't matter to me really)

I'm closing voting now. The league will officially be a H2H league with a snake draft and FAAB transactions ($100 budget). The settings are finalized but there is still time to join! The draft is set for Saturday evening, October 27th. The time is scheduled for 8:00 EST, 5:00 PST right now but this time can be moved slightly forward or later if need be.

But I am still looking for more owners. Ultimately if we could get two leagues going, that would be great.

List of owners guaranteed a spot:

poopdungbeatle (12,343 posts)

RAZRr1275 (7,679 posts)

mbroo5880i (4,298 posts)

And Won (3,465 posts)

RotoRanker (1,740 posts)

SenatorSpaceman (1,691 posts)

patentboy23 (1,485 posts)

fredrick.brewer (857 posts)

JohnRuck (559 posts)

fantasypro123 (525 posts)

Thanks. I will keep you on the list but I cannot guarantee you a spot at this point.

how do you plan on setting up the points for our settings?

I have a great points settings format we used last year.

PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN 3-point Shots Made (3PTM) 1 Points Scored (PTS) 1 Offensive Rebounds (OREB) 2 Defensive Rebounds (DREB) 1.5 Total Rebounds (REB) .5 Assists (AST) 2.5 Steals (ST) 3 Blocked Shots (BLK) 3 Turnovers (TO) -1

PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN 3-point Shots Made (3PTM) 1 Points Scored (PTS) 1 Offensive Rebounds (OREB) 2 Defensive Rebounds (DREB) 1.5 Total Rebounds (REB) .5 Assists (AST) 2.5 Steals (ST) 3 Blocked Shots (BLK) 3 Turnovers (TO) -1

I think this is too complicated. Just straight total numbers of assists, blocks, points, 3ptm, steals, total rebounds, etc, fg %, ft%, no TOs or with them is fine. Either 8 or 9 category. When you throw in ftm, 3pt %, offensive rebounds, fouls, etc, its becomes too complicated. Just keep it standard and simple.

If you guys want to help out the recruiting, you can copy my message in my sig and everytime you post, it gets seen by others.

What's the head count now? 12? Pretty sure the league is standard scoring 9 cat

I think this is too complicated. Just straight total numbers of assists, blocks, points, 3ptm, steals, total rebounds, etc, fg %, ft%, no TOs or with them is fine. Either 8 or 9 category. When you throw in ftm, 3pt %, offensive rebounds, fouls, etc, its becomes too complicated. Just keep it standard and simple.

If you guys want to help out the recruiting, you can copy my message in my sig and everytime you post, it gets seen by others.

Just throwing out the idea. Honestly, it's pretty straight forward it is all the basic stuff plus a extra.5 for a offensive rebound. I'm not even sure if we are doing cats or points but I will say it was really fun last year with the above settings. Regardless, I'm easy going and game for whatever roto chooses to do!

I always appreciate people's ideas but we're sticking to a standard 9-cat H2H scoring system for this (pts, reb, ast, stl, blk, 3pm, fg%, ft%, TOs). Staying with as common of a system as possible will help make this league more appealing to others who are considering joining. League size will depend on how many people we have signed up and roster size will depend on league size (smaller rosters the larger the league is).

As for how many we have right now, Finally Detroit Wins and KTOWNRACER give us 12. But remember there is no limit and I am always looking for more great owners.

will it be a "A" and "B" league like our FF?

It will if we can get enough to form multiple leagues.

Are these league A and B just two teams, or are managers placed in either A or B (if there are A and B leagues) based on some criteria? Like are we just filling out the leagues or is some criteria used ahead of time without having played a full season by the managers?

I think interest will pick up soon as Yahoo is advertising fantasy basketball, etc. People are signing up for leagues because the season is getting close.

Are these league A and B just two teams, or are managers placed in either A or B (if there are A and B leagues) based on some criteria? Like are we just filling out the leagues or is some criteria used ahead of time without having played a full season by the managers?

I think interest will pick up soon as Yahoo is advertising fantasy basketball, etc. People are signing up for leagues because the season is getting close.

Unfortunately there is no "fair" way to do decide who goes in what league in the inaugural year but the way I did it in football was based on post count. There were 26 owners in football. The 14 with the most posts went into League A, the other 12 into League B. This is how I plan on doing it for basketball as well. I will keep an updated list in this thread with post counts so everybody knows exactly where they fall.

League A (as of right now):

poopdungbeatle (12,345 posts)

RAZRr1275 (7,718 posts)

mbroo5880i (4,298 posts)

And Won (3,465 posts)

Finally Detroit Wins (1,892 posts)

SenatorSpaceman (1,767 posts)

RotoRanker (1,750 posts)

patentboy23 (1,492 posts)

KTOWNRACER (945 posts)

fredrick.brewer (873 posts)

JohnRuck (581 posts)