Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RotoRanker

2012 Rotoworld Championships - Basketball?

If there are still spots available, I'd love to join. The football league has been something I've enjoyed tremendously so far, and I think basketball would be no exception. PM me with details if possible.

If there are still spots available, I'd love to join. The football league has been something I've enjoyed tremendously so far, and I think basketball would be no exception. PM me with details if possible.

You're in. I will PM you your invite the same way I did with football.

League A (as of right now):

poopdungbeatle (12,352 posts)

RAZRr1275 (7,816 posts)

mbroo5880i (4,308 posts)

And Won (3,487 posts)

Finally Detroit Wins (1,970 posts)

SenatorSpaceman (1,896 posts)

RotoRanker (1,809 posts)

patentboy23 (1,572 posts)

sportsguy21792 (1,241 posts)

KTOWNRACER (945 posts)

fredrick.brewer (880 posts)

fantasypro123 (700 posts)

JohnRuck (612 posts)

bs61014 (374 posts)

Alternates (as of right now)

unluckyshot (242 posts)

misterarmand (219 posts)

derrick8718 (177 posts)

rakmjn1 (127 posts)

When is the cutoff date? When are we setting the league up and putting out emails for the teams invited?

just stumbled on this! in either way roto or H2H- always up for one more draft - lemme know

When is the cutoff date? When are we setting the league up and putting out emails for the teams invited?

Everybody's invite will be sent by next Sunday at the latest. There is still time to signup until then (and even after then to be a replacement owner).

Is the draft date/ time set in stone? If not, would it be possible to make it earlier in the day or on Sunday, 10/28? I'll most likely be busy on 10/27 at 8pm.

Also, are we going to have a chat box on the main league page?

There's a message board on the main page and a chat box under the scoreboard section.

Oh, I'll figure out how to post a main chat box on the league page although I'm sure other owners know how to do this. Also, why is there a 40 games played limited? Is that set too?

Oh, I'll figure out how to post a main chat box on the league page although I'm sure other owners know how to do this. Also, why is there a 40 games played limited? Is that set too?

The 40 game limit is a measure to counteract endless streaming. I feel 40 games per week is plenty for a 10-player starting lineup (4 games per position) but if you disagree (or anyone else) let me know and we can discuss this.

He means by setting a gm played limited we can't keep picking up and dropping player to maximize stats but you can just set a limit on matchup acquisitions to prevent that.

Ok. Count me in then. I haven't read any of the rules yet, but just please let me know the draft situation and stuff so I'm well versed by then. Thanks!

He means by setting a gm played limited we can't keep picking up and dropping player to maximize stats but you can just set a limit on matchup acquisitions to prevent that.

understood thanks

John, if you still don't understand ask a specific question and I'll explain it in a better that way.

A games played limit or an acquisition limit would both help against streaming but I feel that an acquisition limit can be too restricting to improving your roster at times.

League A (as of right now):

poopdungbeatle (12,345 posts)

RAZRr1275 (7,718 posts)

mbroo5880i (4,298 posts)

And Won (3,465 posts)

Finally Detroit Wins (1,892 posts)

SenatorSpaceman (1,767 posts)

RotoRanker (1,750 posts)

patentboy23 (1,492 posts)

KTOWNRACER (945 posts)

fredrick.brewer (873 posts)

JohnRuck (581 posts)

fantasypro123 (572 posts)

Hey Rotoranker, you wanted this league with rotoword members with high post counts. Since I clearly have the most posts, shouldn't i be awarded the 1st pick? LOL JK :)

Hey Rotoranker, you wanted this league with rotoword members with high post counts. Since I clearly have the most posts, shouldn't i be awarded the 1st pick? LOL JK :)

LOL. Good try.

Having a matchup acquisition limit of 3 or 4 is more reasonable and is sufficient enough to tighten up your roster without constant add/ drops

Original draft time on Saturday works for me. I adjusted my plans to make it to the draft so Friday night 10/26 is really bad for me.

So far we have 13 owners right now with 3 outstanding invitations? I think 14-16 team leagues are too large. 12 should be the largest sized league I think.

If we can get 20 or more teams, should we just split the two teams in teams of 10-12?

So far we have 13 owners right now with 3 outstanding invitations? I think 14-16 team leagues are too large. 12 should be the largest sized league I think.

If we can get 20 or more teams, should we just split the two teams in teams of 10-12?

Agree